Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:45pm
After Jonathon Evans departure I presume we are looking for another scrum-half, with some experience. Anyone have any suggestions of who is available and would be ready to challenge Hardy when Cawdor is on international duty?
Sponsored Links

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:32pm
Nick Tomkins to Dragons One year deal according to Twitter By Robin Davey

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 7:35pm

Does not look like a financial crisis at the WRU, with the Dragons signings.} 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:26am
Very interesting Scrum V podcast with Pat Lam. Speaks very highly of the talent he sees in Welsh players & unashamedly says he would love to coach Wales one day. Also makes the point that we have the players to become the best in the World - no pressure then Wayne!!!!

He comes across as a very switched on coach whose career is on a steep upward trajectory. His work with Connacht & Bristol to date mark him down as an International coach in waiting. He raves about young Ioan Lloyd and predicts he will be the Welsh 10 at the next World Cup 2023 in France. If Wayne Pivac's win % doesn't improve significantly in the next season what are the odds that Lam may be the coach leading young Lloyd?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Very interesting Scrum V podcast with Pat Lam. Speaks very highly of the talent he sees in Welsh players & unashamedly says he would love to coach Wales one day. Also makes the point that we have the players to become the best in the World - no pressure then Wayne!!!!

He comes across as a very switched on coach whose career is on a steep upward trajectory. His work with Connacht & Bristol to date mark him down as an International coach in waiting. He raves about young Ioan Lloyd and predicts he will be the Welsh 10 at the next World Cup 2023 in France. If Wayne Pivac's win % doesn't improve significantly in the next season what are the odds that Lam may be the coach leading young Lloyd?
I'd steer clear of any car parks if I was pivac.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Nice one NigeWink. You and your family coping OK?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 7:18pm
Castres have announced their new recruits for 2020/21 and they include Tyler Ardron (as a 2nd row).
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 4 minutes ago at 8:26am
I note that Will Jones has been released by the Ospreys. A couple of years ago he was touted as a future full International & leader. It seems that 7 is a position which we have huge reserves of talent in Wales with many being forced to find their employment chances in England. He is planning on doing a Masters at Durham so keep any eye on the Falcons teamsheets for this lad. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 58 minutes ago at 9:32am

I note that Will Jones has been released by the Ospreys. A couple of years ago he was touted as a future full International & leader. It seems that 7 is a position which we have huge reserves of talent in Wales with many being forced to find their employment chances in England. He is planning on doing a Masters at Durham so keep any eye on the Falcons teamsheets for this lad. 

Ospreys Orders was predicted a huge future for Will .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 22 minutes ago at 10:08am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Ospreys Orders was predicted a huge future for Will .

He was  superb in age group rugby in fairness (top class judo player to) .He  just never grew,
he isn't big enough for regional rugby imo

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 21 minutes ago at 10:09am

Lam would be a huge step up on pivac imo. I'd 100% take him as wales coach tomorrow

The guy was a superb player, did a great job at Connacht and doing a great job at Bristol

Plus all the players who he worked with at the ba bas loved him

Comes across as a real leader and a really impressive man

Welsh players will always respond better to some like him imo

Edited by RR1972 - 21 hours 18 minutes ago at 10:12am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 14 minutes ago at 10:16am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Lam would be a huge step up on pivac imo. I'd 100% take him as wales coach tomorrow

I am with you RR1972. Pivac has a lot of work to do in the next year to secure his deal. Of course the virus crisis may have helped him in one way with other issues masking his results which stand at 1 from 4 & could easily have been 3/4 from 12 if fixtures had been fulfilled. With a record like that the 2021 6 nations could have been his last chance saloon. Lam has undoubtedly put his hat in the ring should Pivac slip up. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 8 minutes ago at 10:22am
Lam has all to demostrate with Bristol next year with his stars roster...
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 5 minutes ago at 10:25am
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

In fairness anyone who wins the pro 12 with Connacht has to have something about them

With sarries gone I think Bristol Exeter and Sale will be the dominant sides in the English premiership

Bristol were 3rd in the table this season he is doing a great job
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 59 minutes ago at 10:31am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

In fairness anyone who wins the pro 12 with Connacht has to have something about them

With sarries gone I think Bristol Exeter and Sale will be the dominant sides in the English premiership

Bristol were 3rd in the table this season he is doing a great job

Yes he is and all within the rules. He was quite flabbergasted when commenting on Saracens inability to live within the rules which allowed two marquee players outside the cap. His two for next season - Piatau & Radrada are top players but Lam has mixed a lot of young talent to make an exciting squad. He is also not afraid to play youngsters with lads like Randall, Protheroe and Lloyd getting plenty of games. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118
  Share Topic