Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 158>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I thought the Ospreys looked good in patches against both Leinster & Munster, they have a few good young players coming through. Thought Scott looked really good when he came on yesterday, still a powerful runner. Surprised at how quiet Adam Beard has become seeing as it wasn't that long ago he was a starter for Wales.

Looking good in patches was what we did a decade ago and scored some fabulous tries but lost a lot of matches. A bit like the Os first try yesterday. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I thought the Ospreys looked good in patches against both Leinster & Munster, they have a few good young players coming through. Thought Scott looked really good when he came on yesterday, still a powerful runner. Surprised at how quiet Adam Beard has become seeing as it wasn't that long ago he was a starter for Wales.

Yes as Wil mentioned a few weeks ago needs must has dictated to a great extent that young players are being used. They are going to benefit from the exposure. Their scrum is developing into a decent weapon even without Nicky Smith. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Although the Ospreys were well beaten by Munster today, they had a bit of a revival when they started bringing players off the bench. None was more impressive than young hooker, Dewi Lake. He's a heck of prospect and if ever he falls out with his current superiors we should welcome him to Parc y Scarlets with open arms/wallets etc.
He needs to learn how to throw into the lineout first. 

Totally agree,there,sn.The only players I'd be envious of are Kieron Williams(?)the centre,and Protheroe.Lot of talk re.Beard,who's always been a paper tiger imo.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Although the Ospreys were well beaten by Munster today, they had a bit of a revival when they started bringing players off the bench. None was more impressive than young hooker, Dewi Lake. He's a heck of prospect and if ever he falls out with his current superiors we should welcome him to Parc y Scarlets with open arms/wallets etc.

Totally agree,there,sn.The only players I'd be envious of are Kieron Williams(?)the centre,and Protheroe.Lot of talk re.Beard,who's always been a paper tiger imo.

Protheroe is quick but very slightly built. As for Kieron he is a future International for me and frankly I am more than happy with our young locks. Morgan Jones is improving every game. He will have a couple of big tests coming up but he was up against Dillane who is no mug. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Protheroe is quick but very slightly built. As for Kieron he is a future International for me and frankly I am more than happy with our young locks. Morgan Jones is improving every game. He will have a couple of big tests coming up but he was up against Dillane who is no mug. 

Was just talking to an Ospreys fan in work who was saying how he wished they had someone like Morgan Jones in their ranks now.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 1:37pm

Unfortunately, so does Ryan Elias - judging by his performance for Wales. Was that down to Humphreys/whoever was calling the lineouts? I have no idea, but it wasn't good enough.

I wrote here a while back that Elias would eventually be in the same position as Ken O - who took over as first choice from Smiler for both Scarlets and Wales - when Ken finally quit or felt the years hanging heavy... but I also said that he needed to improve his throwing in (this was possibly 2 years ago). That game v Ireland makes me wonder if he'll ever get his throwing up to top class test standard, unless the fault lay elsewhere. 

I really hope to see him improve that skill - he's got everything else.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 9:33pm
Cardiff Blues 22 Benetton Treviso 5 Full Time
Zebra 14 Ulster 57 Full Time
Leinster 38 Edinburgh 3 Latest Score

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 9:45pm
Quite frankly, the strength of the Irish sides is currently making a mockery of the league.

We, the Scots and the Italians are currently a very long way behind. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 9:59pm
Leinster 50-10 Edinburgh with 1 minute to go. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 10:22pm
From what I saw of the Leinster performance many of their absent Irish players will have it work cut out to get back into the side. 
Two big games ahead for us with both Ulster and Leinster playing powerful and accurate rugby and winning comfortably. 😱🤔

Good win for the Blues over Benetton in awful conditions at the Parade.
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Quite frankly, the strength of the Irish sides is currently making a mockery of the league.

We, the Scots and the Italians are currently a very long way behind. 
ulster are 19 points ahead and leinster 21 points of the ospreys in 3rd on 9 points the welsh are a joke in this league because we are hamstrung by our union
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 8:08am
Last night's results emphasise the task we face over the next couple of weeks. If we can glean 2 losing bonus points it will be a huge achievement for us. If I am being honest I think losing by a combined 40 points is more realistic. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 8:20am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Last night's results emphasise the task we face over the next couple of weeks. If we can glean 2 losing bonus points it will be a huge achievement for us. If I am being honest I think losing by a combined 40 points is more realistic. 

I was feeling a tiny bit optimistic before last night! Embarrassed
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 8:48am
Also Ulster will be allowing 1000 fans in for our game.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 1:15pm
Bit of a mockery but Fijis game against Scotland next week has been called off.... Fiji hopeful that they can play the final round against whoever finishes bottom of the other pool.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 8:47am
That Itoje is some player. He demolished the Irish lineout almost single handed. England went into the game with two recognised jumpers against the Irish 4 & made a mess of the Irish set piece. Eddie can afford the luxury of having Curry & Underhill to compete hard at the breakdown because they have such excellent 2nd rows in Itoje ably supported by Launchbury.

The Welsh set piece is going to come in for a good examination next weekend thats for sure but all is not lost. Wyn, Samson & Ball kept the Scarlets flag flying yesterday at PYS and, if selected, will give the English front 5 a game. The most impressive thing about England, apart from Itoje, is their suffocating defence. If our set piece can hold up we have nothing to lose in letting our young backs off the leash. Let Hardy, Sheedy Johnny & LRZ take the game to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 158>
  Share Topic