Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things
    Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:11pm
that were wrong in the barn or concourses today.

There were loads.

This isn't a bicth and moan, this is a "come on lets learn" people, so we make more money.

Beth goes to the kiddies food/drink thing in the Barn. Before 2, so not busy. Cost £6.40. beth hands over a tenner, girl says, do you mind rounding it up too a tenner we have no change.

Not good enough.

Not a bitch associated with the loss. I just want them to make as much money as possible on 26th.

No red wine in South Concourse, not for the first time this season, and they have been told previoulsly.

Come on people, are there professionals doing this or not?
#George
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:13pm
programmes sold out also i think?
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:14pm
I also couldn't believe the ques going into the barn. I went there around 2:30 to face a que of at least 100 standing outside waiting to go in!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
Oneeyedturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oneeyedturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:17pm
If its any consolation the Pemberton run out of ale by 2pm and only had 2 staff serving in the bar.

My concern re: food & drink is there never seems to be enough food or drink, surely this should be based on the numbers turning up.

Re: programmes they only ever print 2-3000 depending on the crowd expected.
Punk is live & kicking at Rebellion Festival
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:26pm
To be fair to programme sales, they are historically low, and today would have been very high given the circumstances. But, some of the management in the Barn and South Concourse tonight was shocking. Listen, I'm no economist, but on a night light tonight, you pay over the odds to get people in to work. End of. Some of the bar staff tonight were clueless. Kids in the barn, with no tills or calculators, who couldn't count.

Does this pay well? If it does, there are people on this forum who would do a far better job than the current incumbents
#George
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:27pm
They seem to have taken a lot of the tables and chairs out of the family bar.
Charging the kids £3.50 each to go on the bouncy castles etc, usually available free of charge.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

To be fair to programme sales, they are historically low, and today would have been very high given the circumstances. But, some of the management in the Barn and South Concourse tonight was shocking. Listen, I'm no economist, but on a night light tonight, you pay over the odds to get people in to work. End of. Some of the bar staff tonight were clueless. Kids in the barn, with no tills or calculators, who couldn't count.

Does this pay well? If it does, there are people on this forum who would do a far better job than the current incumbents

Best one, was waiting half an hour for the children to get three 7 ups and sweets, three people serving with four queues about 40 people long and one of the girls was eating a chocolate bar leaning on the till, priceless. 
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"        Roger going life is good.
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

that were wrong in the barn or concourses today.

There were loads.

This isn't a bicth and moan, this is a "come on lets learn" people, so we make more money.

Beth goes to the kiddies food/drink thing in the Barn. Before 2, so not busy. Cost £6.40. beth hands over a tenner, girl says, do you mind rounding it up too a tenner we have no change.

Not good enough.

Not a bitch associated with the loss. I just want them to make as much money as possible on 26th.

No red wine in South Concourse, not for the first time this season, and they have been told previoulsly.

Come on people, are there professionals doing this or not?

Hope said no to rounding up to tenner, that is just ridiculous

Mr Moon (not saying your fault) and co take note. Find out more info from once a monkey to determine which sales stand and speak with them. Not acceptable to ask a valuable customer such a question - not acceptable anywhere

Edited by Beefs army - 10 December 2011 at 8:40pm
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:45pm
Beefs, having read your post, I'm unsure of whether you are taking the piss or not.
Can you confirm?
#George
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:49pm
No piss take. Have tweeted moon to look at this.

No way should any customer anywhere be asked to round up 6.40 to ten notes.
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:55pm
Dear Mr Moon,

Send your Bar Manager (or those responsible) over to Ravenhill to see how this sort of thing is done properly (and regularly) match after match.

As I've said before, I might have many gripes with Ulster but one of the things you can never fault them of is the way they run their Hospitality and Bars (match after match, season after season).

Perhaps it's just that the Irish naturally understand hospitality like this better than we do (now there's a challenge if ever I heard one).

Go on Moonie...earn your corn and get it sorted. If you don't, you're leaving "loads of dosh" just lying around waiting for someone else to collect (and I thought we were supposed to be cash strapped...can't be that bad or they'd be @rsed getting it right.)
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:55pm
Began looking for a programme at 2:55 - 45 minutes prior to kick off. All sold out. Not good enough. Lost revenue.

Edited by Alun - 10 December 2011 at 8:55pm
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:56pm
This is my issue, the money left there not spent. Munster fans moaning because they couldn't get a drink. I gave up at half time and I had 8 with me. FFS people, this shambles is the last remaining hangover from Stradey. Can it be sorted please?
#George
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 9:01pm
The bars in the South Stand were so slow before KO AND at HT. I couldn't be arsed to go at HT when I saw the ques - and if I couldn't be arse I probably wasn't the only one.

I have a feeling that the region may have lost a LOT of money today - just because things aren't run as smoothly as they should be. As mentioned earlier, I was intending on going into the barn before KO, but I saw the ques and thought sod it - again money lost!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 9:03pm
They've recently appointed a new catering/hospitality manager who's come from Goodwood in Sussex. This was her first game, by the sound of it not a very good start.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 9:04pm
Concourse staff couldn't cope with extra people. Disappointed that there were no cans of grolsch or coors in barn either, as they were ordered to send them all up to hospitality, everyday fan shafted again. Can't believe the rounding up question OAM, pretty shocking tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic