Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Young

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas Young
    Posted: 07 January 2019 at 11:49am
Surely we should be focusing on getting this guy down at PYS.
I am sure he has ambitions to play for Wales, and will not whilst he remains in the English set up.

He can play across the back row, and would be a fabulous asset.

His Dad is Cardiff affiliated but perhaps the pressure would be off if he came to us as opposed to the Blues?
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 12:17pm
I would speak to him and let him know he's a Barclay replacement. I think he could be a similar player for us.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 12:43pm
Class act agree 100%. Cardiff don’t need him with Navidi and Ellis.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 1:10pm
Cardiff could easily fit him in to their back row.

Ellis at 6 and Navidi at 8 can work. And as we've seen, there are always injuries
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 1:36pm
lets go out get him, as been said can play across the back row, he in great form at wasps
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 2:07pm
Cardiff have other priorities
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 2:23pm
So do we - nos 5 & 8 to name two. 
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:22pm
Totally agree about the quality of Young. However, if he’s going anywhere, it’s going to be the Blues. Despite the fact that Navidi, Jenkins and Robinson also ply their trade in the back row. We have a superstar #7 coming up behind Cubby already, Dan Davies. Let’s nurture his talents and see what he can do.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:35pm
Again, I would sign him and play him at 6 or 8 a la Barclay. Yes, I know everyone is clamoring for a big  number 8, and that would be great as a plan B, but our style of play worked best with Barclay, Shingler and Cubby. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:41pm
Probably the best number 7 currently playing in northern hemisphere rugby. Stronger over the ball than Cubby and Tipuric and just as quick with good hands. If we want to be the best we need one or two players who are the best in their position.
Keep the faith
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:50pm

It would crazy not to attempt to sign Thomas Young, plays 6/7 and 8 as people are saying a replacement for Barclay .
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:06pm
I’d love to see him here as an 8. He’s an excellent carrier.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:15pm
It’s all well and good us saying play him at 6 or 8, but where does he want to play? Injury cover aside. Who ever signs him may assure him of his preferred position, #7. Remember, we did the same when we signed Patch with regard at playing #10.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:19pm
Watched him yesterday against the Saints, he would be perfect for the way we (used to) play.
gorau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 5:10pm
Thomas Young as an 8 would be great for us, he can carry well, tackle well, tackle well, he's a great line out option with great hands. 

A perfect fit! Let's not forget that Aaron Shingler is now 30. A back row of Young, Cubby and Shingler would be awesome. 

I do think an out and out 8 is needed, as Cassiem is not up to it in my eyes. Luke Whitelock would be a great signing. 

I hope we keep hold of Boyde and McCloud as well, along with Tom Phillips, Kennedy and Dan Davis with Rawlins able to do there should required... And Ken of course!
eds
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Thomas Young as an 8 would be great for us, he can carry well, tackle well, tackle well, he's a great line out option with great hands. 

A perfect fit! Let's not forget that Aaron Shingler is now 30. A back row of Young, Cubby and Shingler would be awesome. 

I do think an out and out 8 is needed, as Cassiem is not up to it in my eyes. Luke Whitelock would be a great signing. 

I hope we keep hold of Boyde and McCloud as well, along with Tom Phillips, Kennedy and Dan Davis with Rawlins able to do there should required... And Ken of course!

Cassiem still has time, he was signed to be a flash 8 playing behind a strong pack. The whole team needs to improve before we realise Cassiem's potential
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic