Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to ditch the Dafydd Iwan song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 7:35pm
Haggis. Iused to be pretty mean on the keyboards lets form a group and release it with Dafydd. ( serious now)

Edited by TheMightyCD - 02 February 2009 at 8:57pm
once more into the breach
Sponsored Links

Sgarleteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgarleteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 11:12pm
First time for me to see this topic, probably the most ridiculous one ever!!
Phil John - Man Of Steel

Jonathan Davies Lion in the Making
Wil Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Highburyscarlet Highburyscarlet wrote:

Haggis. Iused to be pretty mean on the keyboards lets form a group and release it with Dafydd. ( serious now)

Would that be with - Dafydd James, Jones or the one from Llanddewibrefi?
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 9:39am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

The Black Heart Procession, Troubles, Sigur Ros, Band of Horses, Death Cab for Cutie, Interpol, Shearwater, Elbow, The Cure, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Alela Diane, Beth Orton, Doves, Efterklang, 16 Horsepower, The Boy Least Likely to, Peter Broderick, Lightspeed Champion, Los Campesinos,  The National, The Shins, The Raveonettes, The Duke Spirit, Darren Hanlon.

All those bands are my no 1 favourites and I have all their records. Also my no 1 favourites are:

Regurgatron
Nokia Ringtone
The Bagladies
Cygnus Smellbucket
The Dave Doubledecks 6
Look Out! We're Hard as Cement!
xXx
Quim

I also know that No.6 likes Alternative Car Park and Lufthansa Terminal
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 9:45am
I think dear old Hatch is on a wind up,and he has got a response.

It's a beautiful song,a real motivational anthem.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the mighty Half Man Half Biscuit in the discussion about contemporary bands.

Surely the finest British group since The Smiths they are what the Beatles could have been if they had had a sense of humour.

I saw Bryan Adams mentioned on a nother thread.

I have only just managed to get myself up from the floor laughing.
The light at the end of the tunnel-is the light of an oncoming train
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 2:21pm
Some time ago the club offered Ringtones, unless I'm mistaken they are no longer oddering any on the web site. My point is why not offer Yma O Hyd as a ringtone that will generate decent income for the club.
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by The Admiral The Admiral wrote:

Some time ago the club offered Ringtones, unless I'm mistaken they are no longer oddering any on the web site. My point is why not offer Yma O Hyd as a ringtone that will generate decent income for the club.

Can't you download the choir's version to your phone

see

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Can't you download the choir's version to your phone

see

I have, Yma O Hyd was a for instance, why not re-instate Ringtones for the benefit of generating income for the club.Thanks Wiz for bringing this up.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 8:22pm
Already have yma o hyd as a ring tone , if you want it pm b4 friday as im off to the carribean (so hurry up)
Heartonmysleeve View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heartonmysleeve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 9:01pm
Poor old Hatch. But at least he's taken the slating like a man. Not to presume Hatch is  a man.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 6:38am
nice one haggis,can you help my daughter with her welsh homework.LOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 9:25am
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Already have yma o hyd as a ring tone , if you want it pm b4 friday as im off to the carribean (so hurry up)

Mike,
I have already got it as a ringtone thanks, my point is that we should offer a selection of ringtones  via the club web site to generate additional income like we used to do up to a few years back.
Have a great time in the Carrbean (lucky sod !!)
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 11:27pm

Mike,
I have already got it as a ringtone thanks, my point is that we should offer a selection of ringtones  via the club web site to generate additional income like we used to do up to a few years back.

As a seafaring man /woman (cannot be 2 carefull these days, ask Lofty ) you obviuosly understand the ways of the seaman(no pun meant), so to put the point straight , i totally agree with you about using every possible avenue for new revenue.....also im not just going to the carribean , but we also being forced down to south america....its a hard life , but i suppose someone has to do itEmbarrassed
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:41am

Mike,

As a seafaring man /woman (cannot be 2 carefull these days, ask Lofty ) you obviuosly understand the ways of the seaman(no pun meant), so to put the point straight , i totally agree with you about using every possible avenue for new revenue.....also im not just going to the carribean , but we also being forced down to south america....its a hard life , but i suppose someone has to do itEmbarrassed

Enjoy, and to set the record straight I am a MAN, well my wife seems to think so.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:45am
They play it before the game and when a try is scored. It's hardly played to death so you can't really complain it's over used.
scarletchick View Drop Down
HUA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 12:04pm
Dafydd Iwan is playing in Calsonic tonight - should be a good night - on the eve of the England game also supporting are Brigyn who are Scarlets supporters from North Wales.
tickets are £10.
What greater thrill could there be than to be told you played the game and led the life that showed some kid the way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic