Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

This is the link from the Scarlets website:

His attacking skills look very good indeed, from what little I've seen - not seen any clips of him in defence yet.

As is pointed out on the site, Scarlets are looking to beef up the squad with a view to being stronger in the international periods - a sensible way to move forward.

Sensible indeed. Our backline has really suffered this season during the International window and of course now with injuries. A starting backline during the window next season of :-

15. Clayton 14. Jonny 13. Fonotia 12. Steff Hughes 11. Asquith 10. Dan 9. Jonathan

With Tom Williams, Prydie, Nicholas, Baldwin & Conbeer waiting in the wings. 

Edited by ap sior - 10 April 2018 at 1:43pm
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

His attacking skills look very good indeed, from what little I've seen - not seen any clips of him in defence yet.

As is pointed out on the site, Scarlets are looking to beef up the squad with a view to being stronger in the international periods - a sensible way to move forward.

Sensible indeed. Our backline has really suffered this season during the International window and of course now with injuries. A starting backline during the window next season of :-

15. Clayton 14. Jonny 13. Fonotia 12. Steff Hughes 11. Asquith 10. Dan 9. Jonathan

Or in the centre in Conbeer's case.

Surely, Conbeer is more of a wing? Baldwin's the centre - I think...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:43pm

Or in the centre in Baldwin's case.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:45pm

Don't know what you saw there Aber-fan !!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 1:50pm

Don't know what you saw there Aber-fan !!!

Haha!LOL
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 4:01pm
Any other signings to be announced
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 4:13pm
imagine keiran hardy and angus O'Brien will be 2. and some re-signings I imagine. you never know with wayne pivac and the board!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
scarletsmad_87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsmad_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

From what I've seen of our new S. African signings I'm really impressed, but can somebody tell me whether Wells has signed for sure?
It's fallen through

I'm quite gutted that the Wells deal has fallen through. He has been progressing very well every week so far this Super rugby season. Surprisingly quick for a big man and is a work horse.

But I'm more than happy with the Cassiem signing. Quite ironic he puts in a MOTM performance the day we said fairwell to the lads at the Parc Shocked

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:04am
Any chance of Josh Adams being released now Worcester are losing so much money?
I have a feeling he’ll end up here..
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

No
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

No
Fair Enough! Big smile

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:19am

the above is already mentioned above, a backline that is more than capable during internationals.
But what strikes me more at this stage is the backline beneath that again:

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Tom Williams
13. Cory Baldwin
12. Paul Asquith
11. Ioan Nicholas
10. Angus OBrien
9. Declan Smith / Kieran Hardy

and we still have Tomi Rogers, Ryan Conbeer coming through. Any inside centres coming through likely to be able to step up next season or two? Scott Lloyd?

Edited by PE SA - 12 April 2018 at 9:24am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

the above is already mentioned above, a backline that aint half bad. but what strikes me more at this stage is the backline beneath that again:

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Tom Williams
13. Cory Baldwin
12. Paul Asquith
11. Ioan Nicholas
10. Angus OBrien

and we still have Tomi Rogers, Ryan Conbeer coming through. Any inside centres coming through likely to be able to step up next season or two? Scott Lloyd?

From all reports I have read this lad Knott from the 18's is going to be some 12 in the future. Be about ready when Hadleigh decides to hang up his boots. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:26am

the above is already mentioned above, a backline that aint half bad. but what strikes me more at this stage is the backline beneath that again:

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Tom Williams
13. Cory Baldwin
12. Paul Asquith
11. Ioan Nicholas
10. Angus OBrien

From all reports I have read this lad Knott from the 18's is going to be some 12 in the future. Be about ready when Hadleigh decides to hang up his boots. 
good to know. look forward to seeing him play. Likely to be in contention to be centre for u23s then in a years time?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:28am

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Tom Williams
13. Cory Baldwin
12. Paul Asquith
11. Ioan Nicholas
10. Angus OBrien

good to know. look forward to seeing him play. Likely to be in contention to be centre for u23s then in a years time?

Very much so - his colleague playing at 13 Roberts - Joe I think is also pretty tasty as well.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:41am
great to hear we have such good prospects coming through. cant wait to see the under 23 side. will be great to see the young up and coming players coming through.
there is so much talent in wales, hopefully it can be funnelled in the right direction
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 389>
  Share Topic