Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 43>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Excellent news about Foxy, Jake and Cawdor.   I too think Denton would look good in our pack. And I notice that the BBC in the same report hint Adams could leave Wuss early

Yeah the Dragons are open to buying him out of the contract.
Sponsored Links

BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:26pm

Excellent news about Foxy, Jake and Cawdor.   I too think Denton would look good in our pack. And I notice that the BBC in the same report hint Adams could leave Wuss early. 

Denton off to Leicester tigers.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Excellent news about Foxy, Jake and Cawdor.   I too think Denton would look good in our pack. And I notice that the BBC in the same report hint Adams could leave Wuss early

Wouldn’t we get first dibs as an ex academy player?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 3:20am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Wouldn’t we get first dibs as an ex academy player?
Not unless it's on an NDC
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 8:03am
I wonder what the whole hold up is with George North deciding where he is playing? Surely can't be that much of a decision
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 9:33am
absolutely terrific news. any ideas if there are anymore to announce? Is Ken out of contract?

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

I wonder what the whole hold up is with George North deciding where he is playing? Surely can't be that much of a decision

Waiting for the new kit launch perhaps?
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:31am

The more this goes on the less likely he will pick us I suspect.

He is looking at his options, and he would not be guaranteed a start with us whereas at the Dragons and Ospreys he would be first choice.

If he has the minerals to come and fight for his place then that would benefit him and us.

I doubt he has though.
Page the oracle
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

The more this goes on the less likely he will pick us I suspect.

He is looking at his options, and he would not be guaranteed a start with us whereas at the Dragons and Ospreys he would be first choice.

If he has the minerals to come and fight for his place then that would benefit him and us.

I doubt he has though.

Bit early to be on the double dragon.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:39am
Well I have to say that my reservations about George are purely financial. If he were to join us then performances like we had from McNichol last Sunday may become a thing of the past. Competition for places always raises standards. George, near the top of his game, would be one of the first names on the teamsheet & time spent with our coaching regime would allow him to fulfil consistently the huge promise he has always had but has shown only sporadically. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well I have to say that my reservations about George are purely financial. If he were to join us then performances like we had from McNichol last Sunday may become a thing of the past. Competition for places always raises standards. George, near the top of his game, would be one of the first names on the teamsheet & time spent with our coaching regime would allow him to fulfil consistently the huge promise he has always had but has shown only sporadically. 

We now have a saving of 60% of Cawdors contract.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:51am

I would have thought Pivac and the financial men knew long ago that that was the case & would have factored that into their spending plans for next which many sources are telling us have been finalised. I remain unconvinced that we have replaced Beirne & Barclay efficiently; why - nothing concrete at all just a gut feeling that I am waiting in hope for some great news about our signings from the Southern Hemisphere only to be disappointed.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:01am

I would have thought Pivac and the financial men knew long ago that that was the case & would have factored that into their spending plans for next which many sources are telling us have been finalised. I remain unconvinced that we have replaced Beirne & Barclay efficiently; why - nothing concrete at all just a gut feeling that I am waiting in hope for some great news about our signings from the Southern Hemisphere only to be disappointed.
Relax it will be fine
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Relax it will be fine

Sound advice - thanks!!!
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:23am
hope its fine scarletnut! still not good for blood pressure
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:26am

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Relax it will be fine

Sound advice - thanks!!!
How many poor signings has Pivac made?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 43>
  Share Topic