Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 93>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Can people describe him?
Any details or estimates and/or descriptions of height, facial hair, family members with him?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Sponsored Links

Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by anniesboy anniesboy wrote:

Heard a number eight is on his way.
Jordan Taufua

Hadn't we done this to death. Anyway, thought he had a year left to go on his contract.

A year left on a super rugby contract mean players would be available in the autumn like parkes and mchnicol were.

Edited by Matthew Cardey - 30 December 2017 at 9:00am
Ben10thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben10thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:36am
I was in the one of the suites on Boxing Day, there was an islander being shown around, with his family. Spent a while being introduced to Benny, looked in his early twenties, 6-2ish. Maybe an announcement soon.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:37am
Just seen on Twitter, Lewis Rawlings stays with Scarlets.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Ben10thomas Ben10thomas wrote:

I was in the one of the suites on Boxing Day, there was an islander being shown around, with his family. Spent a while being introduced to Benny, looked in his early twenties, 6-2ish. Maybe an announcement soon.
Thanks Ben. Any facial hair and did you see any of his family?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:55am
[URL= ][/URL]https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=Jordan+Taufua&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=eWJHWpHWCbHL8ge3p7PwBQ#gfe_rd=cr&imgrc=kIpiC8bb_B7JRM:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:57am
Was he wearing glasses?
Like a game of guess who.

Maybe you could google an image/video of jordan taufua.....

totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Good news that!
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:02am
Sent link of image, didn't know how to highlight it though.is that guy mysterious guy spotted
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

Was he wearing glasses?
Like a game of guess who.

Maybe you could google an image/video of jordan taufua.....

Video
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:23am
I don't think it's particularly likely it's Taufua.

His Instagram page suggests he was in Fiji just before Xmas and is now back in NZ. It isn't credible that we'd fly him and his entire family all the way round the World for a few days just to watch the Ospreys game.

If it is a player then far more likely they are currently based far closer to Llanelli or were nearby on holiday.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

His Instagram page suggests he was in Fiji just before Xmas and is now back in NZ. It isn't credible that we'd fly him and his entire family all the way round the World for a few days just to watch the Ospreys game.

If it is a player then far more likely they are currently based far closer to Llanelli or were nearby on holiday.

Faletau it is then
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Faletau it is then

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:33am
Could well be a player in a different position.......
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Good news that!

Very good - Rawlins's continued absence from the match-day squad was baffling to me, unless he was injured - or was on the naughty step for some unreported reason.

Given his contribution last season, I'm delighted he's staying.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:10am

Other than the holiday option, or someone on the injured list, it is most likely to be someone within the UK, or the Top14.

If in the UK, it’s more likely that he would’ve been recognised, so that leads me towards a Top14 player. They played on Sat 23/12 and it’s perfectly feasible to fly in on 26/12 and leave the next morning to return to his club in time for training, subject to snow and location. If being rested for this weekend, it’d be even easier to fit in a visit to a prospective club.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 93>
  Share Topic