Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


#Tnewsday Signings

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 119>
Author
Message
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 June 2010
Location: Sir Berk
Status: Offline
Points: 5320
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:34pm
#Tnewsday signings for 2019/20

2019
14/5 Tom Prydie (re-signed
Steff Hughes (re-signed
Paul Asquith (re-signed
07/5 Ioan Nicholas (re-signed
Javan Sebastian (re-signed
Rhys Fawcett (re-signed
Steff Thomas (re-signed
Tom Phillips (re-signed
Shaun Evans (re-signed
Dafydd Hughes (re-signed
23/4 Dan Jones (re-signed
16/4 Dan Davis (first pro contract
09/4 Werner Kruger (re-signed
02/4 Sam Lousi (lock forward from Hurricanes, signed for "next few years"
26/3 Johnny McNicholl (at least 2 yrs, eligible for Wales by Dec-19
24/3 Tom Price to Exeter (2 yrs
19/3 Jon 'Fox' Davies (off NDCs
Ken Owens
Rob Evans
14/3 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne - on loan to Harlequins for rest of season

2018
3/12 Brad Mooar - Head coach  (from Crusaders


Rumours
Jon Fox to Leicester
Richard Whiffin - Backs & Skills Coach  (currently Gloucester Academy head & RFU U20 Skills coach
Glenn Delaney - Forwards Coach  (currently Hurricanes forwards coach, prev London Irish
Dane Blacker  (Cardiff Blues & Wales U20 scrumhalf
Alex Jeffries  (Ospreys prop

Confirmed
Sam Hidalgo-Clyne to Harlequins for remainder of season - confirmed 14/3
Tom Price to Exeter - confirmed 24/3
Clayton Blommetjies on loan to Leicester Tigers for remainder of season - confirmed 09/4
Sam Lousi from Hurricanes - confirmed 02/4
Will Boyde, David Bulbring, Declan Smith to leave at end of season - confirmed 12/4
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 31 January 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1336
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:57pm
Does anyone actually know what's going on?
 
There is quite a bit of 'I know something but cant/won't say' going on in respect to there aren't anymore signing/there is a nice surprise coming/coaches are sorted!
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 21942
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I doubt there's a champions cup clause in any contract, the way budgets are no player would wait and see and then find all the clubs have spent their budgets and don't have room for them.

We signed Prydie and Asquith months ago and now it's announced so it's probably the same for the other signings.



Maybe we've signed an osprey player and are waiting until after the game to announce?
2 players who have been playing semi pro rugby recently Cry no wonder tuesdays  are such a dissapointment
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 7393
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:27am
I have to admit to being pretty underwhelmed by our announcements so far. I accept that some of the retentions, particularly of our homegrown talent is admirable. Retaining Mcnichol is a huge plus and the signing of Lousi looks to be a step forward. Are our management really saying to us that we have the players in our squad to be competitive but due to a combination of circumstances they haven't been this season? 

A glance around the other regions seems to support the view that regions appear to be happy with the status quo or should I say are being forced to take the status quo due to Project Reset. Compare the lack of business in Wales with the signings being made by Sale & London Irish. 

The Dragons have only got rid of players, the Blues have signed two quality back 3 players, lost an International 10 and have lost 3 quality forwards - Williams, Carre & Earle an area that they were looking to strengthen. The Ospreys seem settled with their main business being the signing of a top 10. They await AWJ's decision. 

We may yet see a burst of activity on the signing front but, at the moment, it could be said that the regions appear to be resigned to making do with their current squads. That would be understandable if we were talking about one of the big hitters but surely not about regions who all failed to make the top 3 play offs this season.
Back to Top
mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 April 2007
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 130
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:08am
just trying to put this in some context of what I think may happen, if Brad is looking at a few key signings from NZ to strengthen the squad then it wont be until the end of June or early July (final is on 6 July) and likely Brad will be there with the Saders at the final.

I would not expect anyone playing in NZ to announce a move if looking at playoffs with current team ... unlike Lousi who was injured and out for the season

Sale has the DuPreez signed early because they will return to Durban and the Sharks for the 2020 super rugby comp ... dont think we would want a player(s) for 1/2 a season



I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
Back to Top
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 14 March 2012
Location: Droitwich
Status: Offline
Points: 4235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:12am
also look at how. I have more sale and London Irish will have to spend with this new Cvc deal. There are no guarantees that all the plays Irish have signed will keep them up anyway 
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 11177
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by mark in sydney mark in sydney wrote:

just trying to put this in some context of what I think may happen, if Brad is looking at a few key signings from NZ to strengthen the squad then it wont be until the end of June or early July (final is on 6 July) and likely Brad will be there with the Saders at the final.

I would not expect anyone playing in NZ to announce a move if looking at playoffs with current team ... unlike Lousi who was injured and out for the season

Sale has the DuPreez signed early because they will return to Durban and the Sharks for the 2020 super rugby comp ... dont think we would want a player(s) for 1/2 a season



Kiwi players announce moves mid Super Rugby season all the time.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 04 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:36am
Think there's better value for the Scarlets to announce new signings closer to the season start, the season ticket renewals are always going to take up the bulk of the initial season tickets sold, but it's the new supporters who are contemplating getting a season ticket the new signings will be targeting.


Edited by crj89 - 16 May 2019 at 10:37am
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 42009
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I doubt there's a champions cup clause in any contract, the way budgets are no player would wait and see and then find all the clubs have spent their budgets and don't have room for them.

We signed Prydie and Asquith months ago and now it's announced so it's probably the same for the other signings.



Maybe we've signed an osprey player and are waiting until after the game to announce?

2 players who have been playing semi pro rugby recently Cry no wonder tuesdays  are such a dissapointment


Mate, you seem to be twisting every thread to a negative narrative.

These guys have played plenty for the Scarlets and are good squad retentions.

More signings pending, although I get the feeling that there’s an inexplicable expectation that there’s a jaw dropping one to come...not sure how or why.


Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 2674
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I doubt there's a champions cup clause in any contract, the way budgets are no player would wait and see and then find all the clubs have spent their budgets and don't have room for them.

We signed Prydie and Asquith months ago and now it's announced so it's probably the same for the other signings.



Maybe we've signed an osprey player and are waiting until after the game to announce?

2 players who have been playing semi pro rugby recently Cry no wonder tuesdays  are such a dissapointment


Mate, you seem to be twisting every thread to a negative narrative.

These guys have played plenty for the Scarlets and are good squad retentions.

More signings pending, although I get the feeling that there’s an inexplicable expectation that there’s a jaw dropping one to come...not sure how or why.




Probably to do with whoever said, on here, that was a massive announcement to be made at the end of the season.
Back to Top
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 24 July 2010
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 5652
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have to admit to being pretty underwhelmed by our announcements so far. I accept that some of the retentions, particularly of our homegrown talent is admirable. Retaining Mcnichol is a huge plus and the signing of Lousi looks to be a step forward. Are our management really saying to us that we have the players in our squad to be competitive but due to a combination of circumstances they haven't been this season? 

A glance around the other regions seems to support the view that regions appear to be happy with the status quo or should I say are being forced to take the status quo due to Project Reset. Compare the lack of business in Wales with the signings being made by Sale & London Irish. 

The Dragons have only got rid of players, the Blues have signed two quality back 3 players, lost an International 10 and have lost 3 quality forwards - Williams, Carre & Earle an area that they were looking to strengthen. The Ospreys seem settled with their main business being the signing of a top 10. They await AWJ's decision. 

We may yet see a burst of activity on the signing front but, at the moment, it could be said that the regions appear to be resigned to making do with their current squads. That would be understandable if we were talking about one of the big hitters but surely not about regions who all failed to make the top 3 play offs this season.
Unlike the English Premiership clubs, the Welsh teams haven’t had any new money and instead only had uncertainty on what their budgets would be due to “Project Reset”. 

As we’ve not lost any big money players off the wage bill for next season, I don’t expect any big name signings to be coming in. Lousi looks to be a really good addition to the squad. Apart from him Aaron Shingler, James Davies and Blade Thomson might be the ‘new’ players we’ll have to look forward to watching next season. 
Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 2674
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 3:20pm
Gloucester have confirmed an approach from the Scarlets for one of their coaches to join their coaching set up next season.

Back to Top
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 14 March 2012
Location: Droitwich
Status: Offline
Points: 4235
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:02pm
already known about , along with defence coach from nz
Back to Top
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 January 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Online
Points: 14128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Gloucester have confirmed an approach from the Scarlets for one of their coaches to join their coaching set up next season.


  Done deal according to people on Twitter!
Back to Top
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 April 2008
Location: Sunny Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 14672
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:42pm
Without wishing to upset Mellisa Bulbring, Lousi should be a big upgrade on Dai. 
We have retained a very expensive squad for next year already and haven't lost anyone I'd really like to retain apart from Boyde Cry

I think there's one or two more names to come hopefully up front and behind, but we have a decent depth chart and if we're in the challenge cup we should be looking to win it.


We're still still here!
Back to Top
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2100
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Without wishing to upset Mellisa Bulbring, Lousi should be a big upgrade on Dai. 
We have retained a very expensive squad for next year already and haven't lost anyone I'd really like to retain apart from Boyde Cry

I think there's one or two more names to come hopefully up front and behind, but we have a decent depth chart and if we're in the challenge cup we should be looking to win it.



Do you know which positions?
Scarlets before Wales
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 119>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.