Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 389>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I doubt there's a champions cup clause in any contract, the way budgets are no player would wait and see and then find all the clubs have spent their budgets and don't have room for them.

We signed Prydie and Asquith months ago and now it's announced so it's probably the same for the other signings.

Maybe we've signed an osprey player and are waiting until after the game to announce?

2 players who have been playing semi pro rugby recently Cry no wonder tuesdays  are such a dissapointment

Mate, you seem to be twisting every thread to a negative narrative.

These guys have played plenty for the Scarlets and are good squad retentions.

More signings pending, although I get the feeling that there’s an inexplicable expectation that there’s a jaw dropping one to come...not sure how or why.

i'm afraid that's how i'm feeling at the moment wil,yes we have made the retensions but that is the same squad that sadly let us down throughout this season lousi is a good signing on the supposition that he remains injury free i'm sorry I feel this way but it comes at the end of a season where I feel let down by players and coaches alike.
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:21am
have to say ladram I feel the same, think especially the coaches have took their eye off the ball and the players in some way have followed them.
it is great we have retained everyone we wanted to, but its still the same squad that has been so poor this year.
I await further news and developments over the next few weeks.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:23am
I'm not the most of optimistic people but I do think we have to realise that not once this season have we been able to field out strongest XV.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

have to say ladram I feel the same, think especially the coaches have took their eye off the ball and the players in some way have followed them.
it is great we have retained everyone we wanted to, but its still the same squad that has been so poor this year.

Nigel & turkishrebel - I don't think any fan on this forum does not share your disappointment. I, for one, have been pretty scathing in my comments throughout the season but surely we all have to look at the overall squad and accept that our injury situation this season has been devastating.

The squad make up for next season so far with retentions etc is no weaker than when we started this season. Many questions still remain of course but if we can just get through next season with an ordinary injury list we may get an idea of where this squad is. Lousi, Blade, Cubby & Aaron will be like new signings for us; Casseim, Clayton & SHC will certainly be given their chances early season to prove their doubters wrong; young guns like Hardy, McLoud, Dan Davis, Ioan, Kennedy, Helps & Tom Phillips will have their chances to build on this season; younger guns like Conbeer, Tomi Lewis & Jac Morgan will hopefully break through.

A lot of my criticism this season has been, fairly in my opinion, at our coaching team who for me have regressed from previous seasons. From team selections to defence and lineout performance. A totally new coaching team is being assembled and that can have a huge effect on attitude & perfromance. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:24am
Big worry for me other than what looks a v good 2nd row addition , we have not addressed the weak areas in our squad 

If Cazziem goes down who plays 8? we have a trio of new coaches who are not familiar with the lge and have not worked together before (to my knowledge)

They have a good track record and will do well I'm sure but it will take time to gel, also we will miss a load of players during the wc period and even more in the 6 nations once pivac takes charge (mcnicholl,patchell will both get a call up imo)

I think next season will be a transitional one and we will not see the best of the team until the following season
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Nigel & turkishrebel - I don't think any fan on this forum does not share your disappointment. I, for one, have been pretty scathing in my comments throughout the season but surely we all have to look at the overall squad and accept that our injury situation this season has been devastating.

The squad make up for next season so far with retentions etc is no weaker than when we started this season. Many questions still remain of course but if we can just get through next season with an ordinary injury list we may get an idea of where this squad is. Lousi, Blade, Cubby & Aaron will be like new signings for us; Casseim, Clayton & SHC will certainly be given their chances early season to prove their doubters wrong; young guns like Hardy, McLoud, Dan Davis, Ioan, Kennedy, Helps & Tom Phillips will have their chances to build on this season; younger guns like Conbeer, Tomi Lewis & Jac Morgan will hopefully break through.

A lot of my criticism this season has been, fairly in my opinion, at our coaching team who for me have regressed from previous seasons. From team selections to defence and lineout performance. A totally new coaching team is being assembled and that can have a huge effect on attitude & perfromance. 
I can't see them returning. SHC is on record in the Rugby Paper about a month back saying there may be an opportunity for him to leave early.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I can't see them returning. SHC is on record in the Rugby Paper about a month back saying there may be an opportunity for him to leave early.

Whilst I can understand the situation with Clayton I am surprised with SHC. From our point of view we are going to be light at 9 if he leaves. As I see it we would only have Hardy who is fit at the moment; does anyone know the situation with Jonathan Evans' injury? I assume if all goes well we would have Hardy, Evans & Blacker available. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Big worry for me other than what looks a v good 2nd row addition , we have not addressed the weak areas in our squad 

If Cazziem goes down who plays 8? we have a trio of new coaches who are not familiar with the lge and have not worked together before (to my knowledge)

They have a good track record and will do well I'm sure but it will take time to gel, also we will miss a load of players during the wc period and even more in the 6 nations once pivac takes charge (mcnicholl,patchell will both get a call up imo)

I think next season will be a transitional one and we will not see the best of the team until the following season

RR1972 - Blade was signed primarily as an 8 so all things being equal I see the pecking order at 8 as Blade, McLoud & Casseim. I would be happy to see a back row of Aaron, Cubby & Blade start in our big games with a 2nd string of Kennedy, Davis & McLoud and a 3rd string of Phillips, Jac Morgan & Casseim. In my opinion that is a pretty formidable array of back row talent. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

RR1972 - Blade was signed primarily as an 8 so all things being equal I see the pecking order at 8 as Blade, McLoud & Casseim. I would be happy to see a back row of Aaron, Cubby & Blade start in our big games with a 2nd string of Kennedy, Davis & McLoud and a 3rd string of Phillips, Jac Morgan & Casseim. In my opinion that is a pretty formidable array of back row talent. 

I forgot about blade! Sleepy

When fit Aaron, Cubby & Blade sadly all 3 appear to be injury prone at the moment and also 3 will get test call ups if they are fit

Mcleod could be a huge player for us next season
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:05am
Really hoping today's Tnewsday, if there is one, is a signing rather than an extension.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:08am
agree Fscarlet, would think and I know nothing it would be maybe something to do with the coaching staff? we seriously need some good news and a couple of good signings (hopefully back 5 and maybe back 3) would make us feel a tad better
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:23am
I wonder if Lousi will get picked up by Tonga for the world cup?

It would be a huge bonus if he was available all season.

Our Wales internationals won't be back until November, and will be released again to Wales in late January for the Six Nations. 

So the non-international XV is going to be absolutely crucial.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:30am
Am worried, that our failure to qualify for champion Cup rugby, will deter potential signings. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:38am
had twitter message from scarlets, something going to be announced around lunchtime. wait and see
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:49am
Clayton was on the list of Tigers released players last weekend.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I wonder if Lousi will get picked up by Tonga for the world cup?

It would be a huge bonus if he was available all season.

Our Wales internationals won't be back until November, and will be released again to Wales in late January for the Six Nations. 

So the non-international XV is going to be absolutely crucial.
Lousi is likely to be with Tonga
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 389>
  Share Topic