Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 193>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

we need pace 

Not an attribute for a coach in my book.
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Pound shop.
This is such an ignorant post. The board have invested heavily into the coaching group. Brad Mooar and Glenn Delaney are top end coaches who were wanted by some big clubs. Scarlets also have a responsibility to develop home grown coaches. Not sure what you expect tbh.

Not sure, but it may be one of the KPI's under the new funding model. However, if not, it should be in my opinion.
You’re right on both fronts 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I wonder what they said about Carwyn James when he started, I 100% agree with Will and succession planning, out of the 5 senior coaches we have 3 very experienced, 1 with 3 years, all with senior teams and 1 with a lot of age coaching.

We have a budget that needs balancing out, on players, coaches & back room.

Lets give everyone a chance, comments are similar to many when Wayne started, and by other regional supporters now on Wayne coaching Wales.

I honestly think it's a Welsh trait that glasses are never full be it half or otherwise but empty.

err carwyn was an ex welsh cap who had been a star player for the club. Hows that any where near the same??
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Quite excited by the new setup especially if Richard whiffin comes in too. He has done a superb job at Gloucester academy and will help massively nurturing our young players coming through. Think Dao flanagan will.learn a lot from him. Think loan will learn a lot from delaney who although employed as defence coach is also a very experienced excellent forward coach.
All this brad moarr overseeing the set up. We certainly seem to have recruited quality in coaching team and I think it will refresh and re-ignite the squad.
Couple more player signings and I think we will be back on track 
 i watched glaws today. I don’t think any of the backs had come through the academy? Not saying he is or isn’t a top young coach maybe he works more with the pack?

Edited by RR1972 - 25 May 2019 at 4:18pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:37pm
It’s essential that home grown coaches are developed along with external coaches and if it’s WRU KPI’d then that’s excellent . I have to say that some expectations here are quite ridiculous unless simply wind ups 🤨
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:59pm
You watch the rfc a lot how do you rate his coaching?
Cwmgwuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cwmgwuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:03pm
I agree some of the expectations on here are a bit silly and quite unfair to the coaches coming in. I remember a lot being the same when Pivac came in. Yes we had a bad season but there were obvious reasons why but i thibk Pivac and his staff have done an incredible job. Lets stop the negativity are get behind them next season 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:19pm
This is a forum for opinions not a cheer leading section. If i have my doubts about coaching or playing appointments . I”ll voice them . If you find that unfair well with all due respect that is just tough luck
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:25pm
Whiffin has developed a lot of quality Gloucester players. Also coached England u20 backs. Please do some research r1972. We have a quality head coach who is picking his own staff. Trust him. Just do a Google search on him! If you knew anything about rugby do some research and not [beep] people off
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:35pm
 I’m not slating him just asking where were these backs their academy developed under him today?

Edited by RR1972 - 25 May 2019 at 7:36pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:01pm
There is a lot of talent in the Gloucester academy feeding up through the England system. They have a great system and you ask any knowledgeable Gloucester fan and they know what he is doing for them. Great pick up for us. 
Guy has a great future
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Pound shop.
This is such an ignorant post. The board have invested heavily into the coaching group. Brad Mooar and Glenn Delaney are top end coaches who were wanted by some big clubs. Scarlets also have a responsibility to develop home grown coaches. Not sure what you expect tbh.

Correct
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

There is a lot of talent in the Gloucester academy feeding up through the England system. They have a great system and you ask any knowledgeable Gloucester fan and they know what he is doing for them. Great pick up for us. 
Guy has a great future
i agree glaws have a greAt academy set up. Big links with hartbury and the fee paying schools. I’m not knocking him just asking questions.  I think he is a good appointment as i think brad and delaney are
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:39pm
RR.....an international player does not automatically make a good coach, I was looking at coaching which is the role in question.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:52pm
Whiffin is one of the most highly sort of coaches out there. The board have done a hell of a job with the coaching team. Couple of good signings we will be back on track
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:05pm
I agree
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 193>
  Share Topic