Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 10:02pm
He has been either the best or near enough the best 7 for last 2 seaons. He would walk in to most teams including ours. 
Sponsored Links

scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 11:21pm
Sam Davies to us according to Graham Thomas (Dai sport article)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:14am
Sam possibly moving to us may have spurred Ospreys on to go for Anscombe in fact 🤔
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:48am
Sam Davies, lets not forget, has hit some pretty high heights in recent years culminating in him keeping a fully fit Biggar out of the Ospreys team. He has certainly lost form over the past couple of seasons but he has some serious DNA & form from his under 20's World Cup years.

The Ospreys attacking game, which with their first choice backs baffles me, is heavily based on kicking with Scott this year kicking more in the games he has played than he probably did during his whole time with us. I think he would be a great fit with us & is realistically priced. 

As for other signings we don't need Young if all our current walking wounded return to play. We do need another lock & no 8. Much has been written about the development of players which is an art for coaches in itself. Remember Hardy has had the benefit of two years playing for Jersey and is 23 I think whereas Ioan & Corey are 21. That two years can make a huge difference. Baldwin for me is the next centre off the rank. I would love to see Conbeer getting game time because attacking wise he gets people off their seats. Tomi I think will take a little longer. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:06am
I might be wrong but I don’t think there’s any truth in Sam Davies coming here
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Does he have international aspirations at the moment is the big question, if he does then he needs to be starting week in week out & as it stands the only region where that would happen possibly would be the dragons.

If he hasn't got immediate international hopes, or he wants a bit more money I'm sure there would be a couple of English & French sides interested.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:14am
I think owen Williams would be a good fit for us, play 10/12 and goalkick. still wouldn't mind sam coming to us though!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

I think owen Williams would be a good fit for us, play 10/12 and goalkick. still wouldn't mind sam coming to us though!
I've got a dragon LOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:34am
I m still hoping for Scott Williams...
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:53am
Thanks Nige!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 10:36am
Nothing on the Scarlets Twitter page suggesting a Tnewsday today.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 10:43am
Don’t want Sam “powderpuff” Davies here mun
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

There is
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 11:08am

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

There is

Must be blind, I can't see anything there.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 11:20am

Good.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 12:11pm
my main concern has been lineout issues and without knowing the future of Shingler and Blade who can be used to jump at any spot in the line I would assume one at least (hopefully both) will be back as Shingler was having an outstanding couple of seasons and we badly (and Team Wales) missed him.

With Brad having seen so many SH players and potential to plug gaps such as 8 and centre / wing that are not going to get Team Wales call up … like Jonny Mac in 2020 
2 players I would love us to get at PyS

Wing / Centre .. Braydon Ennor at Mooar's Crusaders … young so may look at his AB chances in the future 
No8 ...always liked the Highlanders forwards … Liam Squire … would love his team mate Shannon Frizell but no chance currently as will be with the ABs at RWC  

I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758>
  Share Topic