Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

[QUOTE=Sosban bach]Rumour on Corey is that he wants to play for England if true then he’ll be gone and if that is the case then nothing can be done and best for both parties. I’d of course like him to stay as I think he has got some good potential. [/QUOTE

He’s played all his rugby in Wales so why would he want to try his luck with England now when he is on the cusp with the Scarlets ? He would also be a small  fish  in a big pond as well. Doesn’t make sense but if Corey wants to gamble over the border it’s his decision. Rumours are just that- rumours. 
Dad is English and he seems himself as English but yea could and hope it’s just rumours. Big smile

Well that changes things... would like him to stay too, but if he sees himself as English, and Exeter are coming in for him you can't blame him for wanted to chance his hand there. They have a great set-up to be fair from what I can see. 

I like him a lot and hope he stays, but we might be fighting a losing battle. On the plus side, a future back row and backline of... Jac Morgan, Carwyn and Dan Davies, then Hardy, Costelow, Steff, Knott, Tompkins, Conbeer, Rogers for example, wouldn't be terrible...
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:28pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

[QUOTE=Sosban bach]Rumour on Corey is that he wants to play for England if true then he’ll be gone and if that is the case then nothing can be done and best for both parties. I’d of course like him to stay as I think he has got some good potential. [/QUOTE

He’s played all his rugby in Wales so why would he want to try his luck with England now when he is on the cusp with the Scarlets ? He would also be a small  fish  in a big pond as well. Doesn’t make sense but if Corey wants to gamble over the border it’s his decision. Rumours are just that- rumours. 

If he wants to play centre and we are signing Tompkins as well as keeping foxy and parkes and having stef as captain when those are away , I can certainly understand why he wants to go

he is 5th choice centre at the moment and we are signing another one  (plus young knott is ready to push into the first team mix next year) how do you expect him to take that news?

Hats off to him in 1 way for not wanting to sit around and take the money to be a squad player but to back himself to go and be a first team player at another club.

Scarlet Emperor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:38pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Scarlet Emperor Scarlet Emperor wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Agreed.  Must keep Baldwin and halfpenny , bring in Tompkins - release fonotia as unfortunately his age is against him and he’s been injured a lot . Planning for the future - I still feel that Leigh has got a lot of gas left in the tank 
 Class is permanent and Halfpenny has been great for us. Not blockbusting like L. Williams but dependable and work class goal kicking. I’d love to have Tompkins here but on a permanent deal only, Baldwin And Conbeer deserve a run in the team and shouldn’t be blocked by a loan player no matter how good he might be.
Whoever gets Tompkins on loan will be well placed to sign him permanently when the time comes. If he wants to come here it’s a no brainer
Hope your right, I’d like see to him with us. J.Davies replacement medium/long term. How does a loan work? Are we paying sarries a commission or just paying his salary?If he’s going to free after next year then maybe it would be a permanent  deal from the start?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:51pm

With regards Corey Baldwin, his family have  always hoped he would play for England. A real shame if he was to leave the Scarlets. 

Edited by 157cb - Yesterday at 3:51pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:52pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

With regards Corey Baldwin, his family have  always hoped he would play for England. A real shame if he was to leave the Scarlets. 

that puts a different slant on it in fairness to the guy, wasn't randall's family the same?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:26pm

I maybe wrong but I think Harry Randall was released . A huge mistake if this was the case .
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:39pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I maybe wrong but I think Harry Randall was released . A huge mistake if this was the case .

Went to hartbury. He and his family are english but living in tycroes
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I thought the rumours around Tompkins were that he'd come on loan for a season whilst Saracens are in the English Championship?

Does anyone know one way or the other.

Losing Baldwin would be frustrating either way.

It was the case, but now he's NEQ that might change. the players Saracens have released/lost are all NEQ to date ( Sanjay, Gallagher).

Edited by Wil Chips - Yesterday at 6:42pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:43pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Sanjay early return to us confirmed this morning.

Indeed - BBC report here:

Good news!

This and the signing of the pussycat dolls, what more does an self respected Scarlets fan want from Tnewsday.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:53pm
Pussycat Dolls?  Assume that was the lot playing against Edinburgh the other week. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:56pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Pussycat Dolls?  Assume that was the lot playing against Edinburgh the other week. 

Now that's a bit catty. Not related to Miaow are you?
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:02pm
Not something any sane individual would own upto
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Mike Catt be good singing as backs coach Wink
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Mike Catt be good singing as backs coach Wink

Why do backs coaches sing? Genuine question like! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160
  Share Topic