Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Originally posted by Boisbach Boisbach wrote:

Excellent news re Javan, he going to get better and better.

Hasn’t taken a step back really against some very good props this season.
Only one thing is that he is first receiver to many times  and the move either is to slow or he  knocks on.

Easily rectified, get him to latch on to the receiver whilst he develops his handling skills.
I expect part of that is a confidence thing this is his first season really as a ‘starter’ for us. Next season i expect him to kick on and potentially be one of the better front rows in the league. 
Sponsored Links

shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Only one thing is that he is first receiver to many times  and the move either is to slow or he  knocks on.

Easily rectified, get him to latch on to the receiver whilst he develops his handling skills.

True. I don't undertand why  the coaches use him as first  receiver/playmaker . It kills the move. 
As a 3 he  is more than holding is own 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:13pm
I’m sure he’ll only get better. I still have nightmares of him staring at the ball instead of claiming it in the Toulon cup game. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:17pm

You're right I don't know why they persist in using him like this.It doesn't work,so do something else and allow him to get on with the bread and butter stuff.Plain stupid.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I’m sure he’ll only get better. I still have nightmares of him staring at the ball instead of claiming it in the Toulon cup game. 

Careful what you wish for !!!! 

He claimed one in the Blues away game from a Steff Evans knock on after an up and under. Trouble was that Javan did it from an offside position !
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:57pm

Can people please get off his back for thst. It was once incident. Apart from that he has been solid. Gret news today.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:59pm
I think that any Tnewsday that involves 1st teamers re-signing is great news. Great stuff
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Can people please get off his back for thst. It was once incident. Apart from that he has been solid. Gret news today.
Totally agree far too many people on here are too negative and personal to certain players. I will call our poor play but some players treated like gods beyond reproach certain players hammered no matter how they play. 
We as supporters have a responsibility as well to get behind the boys, constant whinging and griping doesn’t help. Test of a supporter is he is behind team in bad times as well as good. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Totally agree far too many people on here are too negative and personal to certain players. I will call our poor play but some players treated like gods beyond reproach certain players hammered no matter how they play. 
We as supporters have a responsibility as well to get behind the boys, constant whinging and griping doesn’t help. Test of a supporter is he is behind team in bad times as well as good. 

You haven’t been on here after the last few matches I take it?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 7:08pm
Im on here everyday mate
N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 7:38pm

Totally agree. I was as cheesed off as the next person at the time, but it’s not as if he’s the first or last player to make an error that costs us a game. And he’s put in plenty of good performances since then. I also agree with others about his handling, it’s not fantastic so stop having him as first receiver. He’s a prop, it’s not needed! Let him stick to what he’s good at.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 9:12pm
Just reading some of the comments on scrum 5 instagram - derogatory and borderline racist! Shocking! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200
  Share Topic