Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 222>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I think Dan Davies is out of contract end of season. Would be a good announcement.
I recall about 6-9 months back the Ospreys were meant  to be after poaching him but it looks that they then jumped horse onto Jac Morgan! We really can’t afford to lose another young talent although he hasn’t yet broken through to the extent shown by Morgan who seems much better ( admittedly based on limited games but in which he has been outstanding). Dan really needs to up his game now with added incentive of Jac seemingly leaving 

Pretty difficult for Dan to up his game from the stand. One start and 20 minutes from the bench means he has effectively had a year in limbo. Undoubtedly Jac's form has been on another level this season probably meaning that he would have been selected ahead of even Josh.

There has been more than enough column inches on Jac's departure. For me I only really get annoyed when I feel a player may have been treated unfairly in the build up to them leaving as I felt happened to Baldwin and may transpire with Asquith. Jac has been given every opportunity so when he leaves I wish him well. He is being talked of as a future Welsh star in the making - that may be true but he will have his hands full with competition from our boys Josh & Dan. Dan will shine again just give him games. I certainly haven't forgotten the way he went round the Irish full back and set up a try for hardy in Dublin a couple of years ago or his performance in Paris against a fully loaded Racing team. 
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:07am
I think the other side of it is the amount of press & images the Scarlets have given Jac too.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think Dan Davies is out of contract end of season. Would be a good announcement.
I recall about 6-9 months back the Ospreys were meant  to be after poaching him but it looks that they then jumped horse onto Jac Morgan! We really can’t afford to lose another young talent although he hasn’t yet broken through to the extent shown by Morgan who seems much better ( admittedly based on limited games but in which he has been outstanding). Dan really needs to up his game now with added incentive of Jac seemingly leaving 

Pretty difficult for Dan to up his game from the stand. One start and 20 minutes from the bench means he has effectively had a year in limbo. Undoubtedly Jac's form has been on another level this season probably meaning that he would have been selected ahead of even Josh.

There has been more than enough column inches on Jac's departure. For me I only really get annoyed when I feel a player may have been treated unfairly in the build up to them leaving as I felt happened to Baldwin and may transpire with Asquith. Jac has been given every opportunity so when he leaves I wish him well. He is being talked of as a future Welsh star in the making - that may be true but he will have his hands full with competition from our boys Josh & Dan. Dan will shine again just give him games. I certainly haven't forgotten the way he went round the Irish full back and set up a try for hardy in Dublin a couple of years ago or his performance in Paris against a fully loaded Racing team. 
Good points. We have not seen much of Dan at all so hopefully we shall now see a lot more of him 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:31am

I recall about 6-9 months back the Ospreys were meant  to be after poaching him which outraged us, but it looks that they then jumped horse onto Jac Morgan! We really can’t afford to lose another young talent although he hasn’t yet broken through to the extent shown by Morgan who seems much stronger  ( admittedly based on limited games but in which he has been outstanding). Dan really needs to up his game now with added incentive of Jac seemingly leaving 
Or maybe the rumour was that a Scarlet 7 was leaving for the Ospreys and people got the wrong one?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:45am
Nothing again today they've said Ermm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:46am
Sigh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:49am

Dan is in contract 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:51am

The key question is has Dan got the physicality to compete at the breakdown against the better sides? 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The key question is has Dan got the physicality to compete at the breakdown against the better sides? 

That is the big question in such an attritional position unless, of course, much discussed rule changes are brought in which rewards speed to the breakdown over the ability to ride clear outs.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Nothing again today they've said Ermm
probably waiting for the end of season sale.Wink
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

True but I remember him having a great game away against Racing. A run of games would be good for him but he's not getting that. I guess as a player I would be boiling mad if my coach wouldnt pick me but would pick another player who is not only leaving (if the rumours are true) but going to our massive rivals. That may actually make me want out as well. Tough being a coach isnt it
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 10:19am
Hopefully we will get something today.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 3:46pm
message scarlets on twitter, no tnewsday again today, but there is some news later today. didnt say whether its good or bad
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

message scarlets on twitter, no tnewsday again today, but there is some news later today. didnt say whether its good or bad

What was the news?
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

What was the news?

Delaney nominated Pro14 Coach of the Month.
N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2021 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

What was the news?

Delaney nominated Pro14 Coach of the Month.

Right........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 222>
  Share Topic