Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Tnewsday Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:18pm
Makes good reading, doesn't it?Thumbs Up
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

Llywarch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llywarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Even younger than Knott and Roberts is winger Alex Varney who was amazing in a televised Rygbi Pawb U18 televised match.

Yes Ffidel young Varney looks like another natural try scorer. Was he involved in the under 18's Welsh team in their recent Internationals?

No, he wasn’t, which was very surprising as he looked like the most dangerous attacker in the Scarlets U18s team in the match highlights I saw.
Wales u18s selection is a disgrace. It's disproportionately skewed to the East, even in years like this when the Scarlets have been by far and away the best team.

There were also far more "Exiles" than usual including Carwyn Tuipoloto (excuse my spelling) who is coming back to join us next season. In the game v Ireland U18, that I watched at the Arms Park, he didn't actually come on from the bench, but a busload of Tongan supporters/family had come up to watch him. Carwyn is 6ft 2ins and 18st with no visible bola on him.  Not bad at 17 years of age. He'll be a big boy when he grows up !!!
As for the game, it wasn't of a particularly high standard, and of the 4/5 Exiles on show the best was a big prop who scrummaged and carried well. MOM was the Glantaf  second row.

Believe the squad was only those 17 and under, because many who you'd have thought good enough to get in the squad were not selected. Llew Smith another example.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:24am
Will there be anymore signings for next year? any spots anybody thinks we still need to look at?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:46am
what became of morgan williams he was quality pre season?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:33am
He's with Wales 7's
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

what became of morgan williams he was quality pre season?

Currently with Wales 7s - played in Singapore last weekend.

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Will there be anymore signings for next year? any spots anybody thinks we still need to look at?

Angus O'Brien confirmed as leaving Dragons today.

Edited by NobbySosban - 02 May 2018 at 11:38am
Twitterer @ebenezer68
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
  Share Topic