Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

What is it that top English club Exeter see in Tom that our coaches don’t? Shame to lose a Welsh qualified second row. Hopefully not a mistake 🤔
They’ll be working to a budget where they can afford to carry more squad fodder. 
I must admit I’m ready to hear some positive contract news though!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 2:04am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Sorry do not understand this SHC out on loan, Jon Evans out for season and with our bad luck with injuries we needed 3 quality 9s for the remainder of the season even understanding Sam can be recalled .

A quality player who hasn't found form here.  Assuming we can recall him if needed, maybe he'll get more games and play himself into form. 

He may have asked to go as could see no future here. 

Indeed, but why we'd let him go is harder to understand, unless we can have him back if we need him.   Next season is another matter, but we're down to Cawdor, Hardy and Smith. One injury to any of them, and all we'll have is a matchday squad and raw kids. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

What is it that top English club Exeter see in Tom that our coaches don’t? Shame to lose a Welsh qualified second row. Hopefully not a mistake 🤔
They’ll be working to a budget where they can afford to carry more squad fodder. 
with tom going and SHC leaving it seems more of a cost cutting exercise.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 7:39am
SHC is on loan only.

Harlequins had lost their 2 first team scrum halves and put out on APB.

Smart match for all I think.

Plenty of good news post this weekend I suspect...

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

SHC is on loan only.

Harlequins had lost their 2 first team scrum halves and put out on APB.

Smart match for all I think.

Plenty of good news post this weekend I suspect...

hope your right wil.Big smile
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

That’s not the case
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:43am
lack of info coming on social media since nerys has finished down there is very poor. she was always very pro-active and responded to queries quickly and let fans know info.
at the moment its like the old days and only trickle of info. I know there has been a lot going on down there and with everything from reset causing issues.
but they do need to think about the fans
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:49am
Lets be fair Tom Price is not the player we had hoped to would be. He has had a fair run. Helps' development has seen him become a genuine first team player to replace Tom. I assume the current under 20's lad Jac Price will grow into the project player & that leaves some funding towards a genuine ball carrying 2nd row. If SHC moves on that again frees up much needed cash for some carrying forwards. Seems like good housekeeping to me. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets be fair Tom Price is not the player we had hoped to would be. He has had a fair run. Helps' development has seen him become a genuine first team player to replace Tom. I assume the current under 20's lad Jac Price will grow into the project player & that leaves some funding towards a genuine ball carrying 2nd row. If SHC moves on that again frees up much needed cash for some carrying forwards. Seems like good housekeeping to me. 

bit telling no other region has gone in for him,
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

We dont know that do we.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

We dont know that do we.

fair enough, i'll rephrase no region made him a good enough offer to keep him in wales
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Why? Tom has made little or no impact in four seasons for whatever reason and Sam is probably on a good wack and doesn't feature in first team plans. He's probably been loaned to Quins to get game time/match fitness and can be recalled if needed. Seems like sensible squad management to me.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 2:07pm
One point on loan players, normally a clause in the loan agreement that if the parent club (Scarlets) have an emergency then they can recall the player, so I assume that we are covered.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 3:25pm
Tom Price has had 14 first XXIII appearances this season, including 3 starts. Last season, he started once, with 3 further appearances from bench.

He's been one of the 'Tesco/Lidl Team' stalwarts, but perhaps he feels he has one more big opportunity at a great club back in England. Good luck to Tom.
Red Army View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 3:59pm
Steff Evans going to Glasgow.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 4:35pm
Interesting.. thx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic