Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Prydie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Needs to be remembered that you are bound to look better playing for us than for Dragons at the moment.

Beard is with the Ospreys... or were you referring to Prydie?

No just losing it!
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I have always thought he was a good squad player but has improved and started to play his best rugby.

I think it goes to show what value there is in a good coaching set up.

I don't think we can praise the current set up highly enough in the work they have done in developing players.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:24am
I think with Prydie, its obvious he has the talent. He was a Welsh international at 18. The Ospreys did nothing to develop him further, instead aiming for Tommy Bowe, Nikki Walker etc instead of developing him (Kristian Phillips and Gareth Owen too).

Nobody is a success at the Dragons. That is the harsh reality of it. For whatever reason, they sign decent players some times, and with regular rugby, like Prydie for example, they should have kicked on. Even Falatau stalled there. The same will happen with the current crop of youngsters.

Prydie, came to us, hungry to make a success, bulked up, played well when given the opportunity, and that has not gone un noticed.

Pivac is known for his man management with Xavier Rush stating that he was the BEST man manager he had ever played under. That comes through with players like Tom Prydie, Tadhg Beirne, Paul Asquith..."scrap heap" players in some ways. Players we took the chance on and developed.
MASSIVE credit to the coaches for drawing out their qualities, and MASSIVE credit to the players who have put things to action.
stevve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 2:54pm
The competition for places is the highest I can remember within the squad and it looks to be pushing everyone's games on.
Tom knows with Jonny out injured this is his best chance to stake a claim for himself.
Fair play to him, he's shone and looks desperate to keep the shirt and prove he has what it takes to be an international again.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:08pm
Says there’s one reason he’s back in the Wales squad - “world class coaches and players”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44125211

Edited by minded - 16 May 2018 at 12:12pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Says there’s one reason he’s back in the Wales squad - “world class coaches and players”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44125211

Indeed - here's a longer quote from a nice interview:

Prydie, who has scored seven tries for Scarlets, said: "It was a bit of a surprise. I think I found out a bit later than everyone else, but obviously I'm delighted to be selected.

"It's a credit to the coaches here and the environment I'm in. I'm really enjoying coming to training, learning off world-class players and coaches as well. Being in a competitive environment has really helped a lot.

"It's going to be a big challenge for me. It was a good few years ago now when I was last involved in a camp.

"I'm grateful for it and hopefully I can repay the favour to Warren and the team, and go well on the summer tour.

"It's a huge privilege to be selected for Wales and when you get picked it's a confidence boost as well."

I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic