Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2011
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWales in South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musical Glove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales in South Africa
    Posted: 18 March 2008 at 1:37pm
Please for once can we take an end of season tour seriously, go with our best squad, and try to win rugby matches.

I think we'd give a good account of ourselves.

For as long as I can remember we've always taken a weak squad, and treated it as 'Development', well at some point we need to see the benefits of all this 'Development' and have a side good enough to front up against the Southern Hemisphere sides, and I think it should start now. If the Gread Slam winners cant go there intending to win, then what hope for the others.

Ireland pushed NZ close a few seasons ago, and England have had some limited success down under, it's about time we had a pop at them.

Also, does anyone know who the tour operator for SA is? and when the packages are announced. Nothing on the WRU website as yet.
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 2:59pm
Gatland hinted he'd be sending Martyn Williams and other senior players to South Africa. So it looks like it will be a strong squad.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:19pm
I agree wholeheartedly, the last thing we want to do is start the "Losing Habit" again!!
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Bouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 4:38pm
Robert Davies Travel offer a good quality trip at £1,995 .....

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 9:48pm
I think that Gatland has consistantly had the squad guessing who is going tobe picked, an example of this was Hook being picked in front of SJ on saturday. Any player making himself unavailable for this trip will be effectively saying, 'I dont want to play'.  Mr Gatland has got them where he wants them, namely fighting for seats on the plane, never mind who gets picked to play. Thats how it should be. Taking a weakened squad to the SH is just asking for trouble, I wouldnt even chance it to Argentina!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic