Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Rule In Rugby?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Rule In Rugby?
    Posted: 01 January 2005 at 3:26pm
for me it's the 'knock on'.  watching the blues v ospreys and the number of knock ons in that rain, it can't really be helped can it?  fair enough for deliberate knock on's but knock ons are another thing that slows the game down
Sponsored Links

connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2005 at 5:08pm

lifting in line-out??whats the point,rolling(unfair)mauls,theres no legal why of stopping them,you cant pull it down, come in the side.and 9 times outof10 the guy in the back isnt binding anyway.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2005 at 8:08pm
The worst law in rugby has to be numbers in the line out...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 9:38am
Apparently, if you hack the ball on with your foot, whilst having your body still in touch it is allowed (as long as the ball is in play of course) . It happened the other day in a powergen cup match and none of the players or pundits knew the rule. the ball was hacked on and a try was scored for Leicester. What's that all about?
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 10:33am
The rolling maul very rarely done properly and should be banned.
Through Thick And Thin!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 11:28am
Originally posted by beanboy beanboy wrote:

Apparently, if you hack the ball on with your foot, whilst having your body still in touch it is allowed (as long as the ball is in play of course) . It happened the other day in a powergen cup match and none of the players or pundits knew the rule. the ball was hacked on and a try was scored for Leicester. What's that all about?
i wondered that myself?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

what the deffending team should do there is,have a call and all break away the same time,and see how they control it then
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by connor boy connor boy wrote:

i wondered that myself?

Download the laws here:

http://www.irb.com/Laws/Laws/LawsOfTheGame/

page 92, law 19, it says:

A player in touch may kick or knock the ball, but not hold it. providing it has not crossed the plane of the touch line.

I wonder how many players or officials know that one. I can rememebr loads of times when a player with one foot in touch has fly hacked the ball with the other on only to be recalled by the touch judge. A ludicruous ruling.
HuwL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuwL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 12:56pm
The game having to be stopped for minor injuries.  This season more than any it’s doing my head in   Fair enough if it’s a serious one, but Union should employ the League system where play continues and a sub can come on until treatment has finished.
mAce View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
I'm Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 1:40pm

3 points for a pen... It does nothing for the game IMO...  throw them in the sin bin and open up the field for 10 mins.... like in Ice Hockey.. POWERPLAY!

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 1:41pm

I agree with this. About 50% of rolling mauls look dodgy to me. Munster are one of the biggest culprits of this. I don't think it should be banned but the rules should be cleared up and the refs in both hemispheres need to be consistent.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 1:42pm
And 3 points for a drop goal? should be 2 at the most.
yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by capt.ace capt.ace wrote:

3 points for a pen... It does nothing for the game IMO...  throw them in the sin bin and open up the field for 10 mins.... like in Ice Hockey.. POWERPLAY!

There'd be no players left on the pitch :)

What about 2pts for a pen? The problem with this of course is that it isn't enough of a deterrent.
yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by HuwL HuwL wrote:

The game having to be stopped for minor injuries.  This season more than any it’s doing my head in   Fair enough if it’s a serious one, but Union should employ the League system where play continues and a sub can come on until treatment has finished.

But is the ref the right person to decide what is a serious injury and what isn't?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by yedarts yedarts wrote:

I agree with this. About 50% of rolling mauls look dodgy to me. Munster are one of the biggest culprits of this. I don't think it should be banned but the rules should be cleared up and the refs in both hemispheres need to be consistent.
you can only bring it down before it starts,depending on who ref's.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 7:23pm

And 3 points for a drop goal? should be 2 at the most.
naw disagree 3 points is alright,conversions& pens should be less,lot of a skill in drop goals&bottle  

Edited by connor boy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic