FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regional Transfers
    Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:49pm
An interesting signing for development. If he’s only managed one sub appearance for the Kings, then he would seem unlikely to make much difference to the Drags.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Dragons have signed Wales-qualified centre Jarryd Sage from South African Pro14 rivals Southern Kings.

The 22-year-old is expected to arrive at Rodney Parade in time to play in December after making one appearance as a replacement for Kings.

Sage has family connections in Newbridge and said: "My father is from Wales and being able to join the Dragons is a real privilege for me."

Dragons boss Bernard Jackman says Sage can play across the three-quarters.

"He can play inside or outside centre and has the ability to play wing if needed," said Jackman.

"I have been tracking him since June and because he had a release clause in his contract at the Southern Kings, I felt it was better to get him into the environment immediately rather than wait until next season."

Which translates to "Basically we are running out of players so we need to get people in sharpish!"
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:42pm

Dragons have signed Wales-qualified centre Jarryd Sage from South African Pro14 rivals Southern Kings.

The 22-year-old is expected to arrive at Rodney Parade in time to play in December after making one appearance as a replacement for Kings.

Sage has family connections in Newbridge and said: "My father is from Wales and being able to join the Dragons is a real privilege for me."

Dragons boss Bernard Jackman says Sage can play across the three-quarters.

"He can play inside or outside centre and has the ability to play wing if needed," said Jackman.

"I have been tracking him since June and because he had a release clause in his contract at the Southern Kings, I felt it was better to get him into the environment immediately rather than wait until next season."

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 12:27pm
Dragons have signed centre Jarryd Sage from the Kings, arriving in December.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I would add Lydiate to your list GPR - a very limited player only suited to a static game.

Yes Ffidel you are correct. It is quite telling really that if I was selecting a combined 23 only two of the Ospreys forwards would make the cut - AWJ & Tips. Thats 2 from Ospreys & 11 from Scarlets. If anything sums up their current malaise that is it. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 3:15pm
I would add Lydiate to your list GPR - a very limited player only suited to a static game.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The Ospreys are an example of investment by WRU in unwarranted DCs that has been shown to be horrendously flawed and has probably caused their current malaise.

That is a fair point with regard to NDC's but the current malaise at the Ospreys is mainly down to poor recruitment. An analysis of key appointments over the past few seasons between us and the Ospreys gives a clue. Parkes vs Fonotia, Jones vs Kruger etc. Couple that with some very over-rated individual players - King, Baker, Thornton, Smith, Baldwin & you begin to see why they have slipped up. These 5 players, despite some being on NDC's & in the Welsh squad would not get in our first 23 which is very telling.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 11:56am
The Ospreys are an example of investment by WRU in unwarranted DCs that has been shown to be horrendously flawed and has probably caused their current malaise.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 8:39am
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Although going through an appalling patch I think the Sprays are still in a different class to the Dragons, at least defensively and with a powerful pack. The Dragons have such a poor squad that they only pick their better players for home games and any half decent opposition are guaranteed a try bonus win in the away matches.

Indeed, would an off-colour Dragons run Clermont and Saracens as close as the off-colour Ospreys had?  (Especially the latter match, where they were playing away, already lost their first-choice scrum-half and lost two first-choice flankers just minutes before the match started).  
here we go againAngry

Just making a point.  (For that matter, I even think there is a considerable difference between the Blues and the Dragons, even though the former over the years have underachieved even more than the Ospreys have.  I doubt the Dragons would have beaten Lyon and Toulouse in consecutive weeks, even taking into account the weakened teams the French sides usually enter into the Challenge Cup).

What point are you trying to make? Who is saying that the Dragons are on the same level as the Blues or your precious Ospreys? For many years now the Ospreys & Scarlets have been the standard bearer for Welsh rugby. The WRU recognise that there is a huge amount of emerging talent within the Dragons & Blues areas which, historically, has not converted into full time pro 12/14 players. That has to stop hence the taking over by the WRU of the Dragons and the WRU running the appointment process for the next Blues coach. All pretty common sense stuff really. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:22pm
🙈🙉😤🤬

At least Groundhog Day was funny.

🎣
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Although going through an appalling patch I think the Sprays are still in a different class to the Dragons, at least defensively and with a powerful pack. The Dragons have such a poor squad that they only pick their better players for home games and any half decent opposition are guaranteed a try bonus win in the away matches.

Indeed, would an off-colour Dragons run Clermont and Saracens as close as the off-colour Ospreys had?  (Especially the latter match, where they were playing away, already lost their first-choice scrum-half and lost two first-choice flankers just minutes before the match started).  
here we go againAngry

Just making a point.  (For that matter, I even think there is a considerable difference between the Blues and the Dragons, even though the former over the years have underachieved even more than the Ospreys have.  I doubt the Dragons would have beaten Lyon and Toulouse in consecutive weeks, even taking into account the weakened teams the French sides usually enter into the Challenge Cup).
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:06pm

here we go againAngry
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 6:55pm

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 6:26pm
Can Crys16 ask the Board at their next opportunity if the equal distribution of WRU money continues as per the terms of the RSA.

Even if Dragons’s status has changed, has the legal position remained unaltered i.e. if WRU have £4m to distribute, each Welsh side in the PRO14 gets £1m?

If the legal position has not altered, are the WRU abiding by this position or are they trying to favour their subsidiary at the expense of the independent regions?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 3:37pm
To be fair to them they have been producing a number of good players, but not maturing, Amos & Morgan have been around for some 3 years, Hewitt 2 years, Brown & the No 8 second season now, so the issue is really, no experience in the team to really introduce these players, and injuries.

We were lucky we had the experience, Ken & Samson, so Wynn could come in, Ball was fed in gently in the beginning, and also Steff, and also we were a reasonably successful team, much easier then.

Also lets not forget how good this coaching team is.  
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

They have been put on a rescue plan which surely accepts the previous shortcomings. Wales needs 4 regions and they are now producing some decent talent. The bean counters will surely make sure that funding is equitable. 

They cannot improve without huge injection of money their coach has said he wants twelve new players are we and the other two regions going to get same money from WRU I somehow think not. Why are the Dragons more deserving than the growing amounts of junior clubs whose mere existence is in doubt because of lack of cash. We need four regions I agree but the Dragons has never worked on or off the pitch.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>
  Share Topic