Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JOHN BARCLAY AND SCOTLAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JOHN BARCLAY AND SCOTLAND
    Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:26pm
What a win by Scotland over Australia putting 53 points on them and great to see John score. What a player and great Scarlet
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:31pm
Scotland plays in a similar style to the Scarlets....if only Wales could...or would
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:32pm

Here !!! Here !! to a man take a bow .
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:41pm
Thoroughly enjoyed that game... Scotland will be a handful in the 6N
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:48pm
Seem a good number of Saffas and Kiwis in the team but we aren’t perfect I guess.
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 4:52pm
Both sides intent on attacking and knowing how to!! JB, what can you say, will be a huge loss to us next season but he is such a professional I'm sure he'll give it all for the rest of his time with us. He will have a nice rest next week and hopefully will be back with us fresh for Benneton.
Keep the faith
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 5:15pm
Well done Scotland and huge congratulations to John for scoring a brilliant try! ClapHug
"YMA O HYD"
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 9:48pm
Well said, there aren’t any words to sum up the man. He never has a bad game for club or country, is a brilliant captain. We will definitely miss him next season and beyond.
Congratulations on your achievements with your beloved Scotland this autumn international season. We as a country could only wish and hope for the kind of consistency and performances as you and your team have achieved against 2 world powerhouses.
Like I said on other threads in the past week, Scotland looked completely comfortable playing with ball in hand and playing high tempo, expansive rugby whereas Wales don’t have enough players who are comfortable playing that way.
Enjoy your weekend off Jon and carry on your rich vein of form against Benetton in the European Championship and let’s hope that we don’t suffer from any more injuries in our final autumn international (money spinner for WRU to then spend on making the Dragons great again).
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 11:09pm
A class act is Barclay, one of the best signings the Scarlets have made. Great performance Scotland, looking forward to the 6 Nations.
And We Were Singing...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 8:57am
He is a wonderful player and we won't find a like for like replacement or indeed as some have suggested a better player. I hope we will find a replacement who fits more our needs at the moment of carrying. Barclay is class. I had to laugh tho when Andy Robinson was singing his praises as he, if I am not mistaken, was responsible for dropping him from the Scotland squad. Keep fit JB and get that 8 scarlet shirt on your back and lead us to more glory. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 9:20am
Well if it was Robinson that dropped him he needs a huge thank you from us for making JB consider the Scarlets and eventually joining us 🤗🤗
Keep the faith
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 9:25am
Aye amazing for him and Scotland. They've been promising a performance like this for a while and great to see them gain confidence.

6N will be interesting.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

He is a wonderful player and we won't find a like for like replacement or indeed as some have suggested a better player. I hope we will find a replacement who fits more our needs at the moment of carrying. Barclay is class. I had to laugh tho when Andy Robinson was singing his praises as he, if I am not mistaken, was responsible for dropping him from the Scotland squad. Keep fit JB and get that 8 scarlet shirt on your back and lead us to more glory. 
oldn' be more of a dick than inverdale who said at half time when wales were 1 point behind"you have to remember this is the end f a long hard season for the all black"
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Seem a good number of Saffas and Kiwis in the team but we aren’t perfect I guess.

Hadleigh is coming up of course but other than that?

As for Scotland, to be fair although they don't have Scottish accents both McGuigan and Maitland who started (but only due to injury to full blooded Scots mind) are half Scottish, as is Tools who was sub. Du Preez is time served though. So but for late pull outs by Dunbar and Hogg ........

Scotland were great fair play
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 1:09pm
Kind of mirrors when Wales beat them 51-3 when Hogg was sent off.  Even so, their improvement has been fantastic, though I still expect either England or Ireland to win the next 6N.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 1:54pm
Scotland will be a real handful come 6 nations especially as they play England at Murrayfield. They will feel they owe the old enemy from their thrashing last year. Can we beat them first up at Cardiff - of course. We have to be able to slow down their ball first off which is why I would select Warburton ( if fit) at 6 with Cubby at 7. Then it will be down to who is fit - we are desperate for Samson, Liam & North to get and stay fit. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic