Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New jersey this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New jersey this year?
    Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Leinsters shirts last night looked stunning.

I thought it looked like last year's Munster away that hadn't been washed since being dragged through the Thomond Park mud. With gold badges. LOL

Perhaps Adeedaz can get away with anything... Wink

Odd seeing them in that colour (called green) which on closer inspection looks like the growth on a petri dish, or food compost bin on a warm summer... 

Sponsored Links

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:13pm

I thought it looked like last year's Munster away that hadn't been washed since being dragged through the Thomond Park mud. With gold badges. LOL

Perhaps Adeedaz can get away with anything... Wink

Twitterer @ebenezer68
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 8:46am
myself and my son bought the home kits yesterday.lush they are
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 11:35pm

Tracksuit is lush mun. Finally something neat and retro. Smart.
Yeah I thought so.
Mrs thought it was hideous, but I haven’t seen it in the flesh yet
We're still still here!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 11:07pm
Just seen the semi pro shirt on wales online, it reminds me of the coca-cola can shirt of the early 1990s. Very nice design.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 7:26pm
https://scarletsmacronshop.com/product/scarlets-adults-nixi-red-white-full-zip-top/
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 7:24pm
Tracksuit is lush mun. Finally something neat and retro. Smart.
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 5:58pm
Still can't get over what a dogs dinner it is. I'm over the sponsor count, that's not the biggest problem (even if each logo is small enough not to be very recognisable for said sponsors). The white collar seems very old-fashioned.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:13pm
1000ydstare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1000ydstare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2018 at 8:00pm
Got my shirt from the shop yesterday ,and if I say so myself It looks great on me.
Can't wait for Next weeks home game.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 6:55pm
Mrf has definitely won.

His 30 page prediction has been achieved.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Jeffrz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 6:00pm
I just tried online and only replica socks available to buy at this time. Pretty poor situation to be in. 

I am sure that they will make enough this year !!

Edited by Jeffrz - 26 August 2018 at 9:42am
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 4:10pm
Thought it looked good last night watching from the stand
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

These days jerseys are just as important in bringing in revenue as it is cosmetically. There must be a give in style and cosmetics to accommodate the extra revenue. In all honesty how much does the club make from sales? I bet it's not a fraction of the money the big sponsors have invested in it. I'd rather see a shirt full of sponsors than not. At the end of the day this is a business and they have to maximise every opportunity.

But yes, the VX3 shirt does look nice

Exactly. At the end of the day deal/moneys from a supplier will outweigh any jersey sales by a mile and any kit sponsor will also make more money than jersey sales.
Last seasons kits are the best selling jerseys we have ever had (plus most expensive plus by a supplier everyone apparently hates!!)...Macrons deal with us again, the biggest kit supplier deal we have ever had, and this season, the best sponsorship income we have ever had. Add those things up and its happy days. Onwards and upwards.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 2:00pm
These days jerseys are just as important in bringing in revenue as it is cosmetically. There must be a give in style and cosmetics to accommodate the extra revenue. In all honesty how much does the club make from sales? I bet it's not a fraction of the money the big sponsors have invested in it. I'd rather see a shirt full of sponsors than not. At the end of the day this is a business and they have to maximise every opportunity.

But yes, the VX3 shirt does look nice
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

And how much money did that bring in.

Jerseys are as much an income generator(via sponsorship) as an item one plays rugby in.

Irrelevant. I said it was a proper shirt. Never mentioned sponsors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
  Share Topic