FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New jersey this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New jersey this year?
    Posted: 1 minute ago at 11:17pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Who are you quoting there Speedy?

Its a point of view east of Bynea. I thought it should be heard.
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 minutes ago at 10:49pm
Who are you quoting there Speedy?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 41 minutes ago at 10:37pm
I will quote somebody else here:-

"Noone in ceredigion not already a Scarlets fan will notice this jersey. 

The mistake people make is to think that a gesture that "includes as many as possible" will do much to expand supporter bases. It's better to have a large impact in one place then move onto the next than do something which targets 240,000,000 towns but noone will notice."
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 44 minutes ago at 10:34pm
I dont think this is a town project, quite the blydi opposite of you bothered to read what I am actually pointing out.

I am saying this isnt a town project. its not a county project, its not a 3 county project.

I am saying why are we ignoring the highest populated areas in Wales, and a healthy contingent of English based fans that travel home and away to support us.

Why are we restricting our efforts to lightly populated rural areas when all areas should be our targets not just west of Bynea.

I really dont know how to put it any clearer. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 48 minutes ago at 10:30pm
Originally posted by elmo761 elmo761 wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I feel totally insulted by that comment. Without the support of people outside of Llanell then i very much doubt the Scarlets would be in existence

100% agree with you Llandre, sadly there are still those that think this is a town project. I don’t live in Llanelli, and we have 5 season tickets in this household. I know many, many people who travel from deepest Pembs and Ceredigion in their droves to support “our” region. This isn’t just about Llanelli anymore, I wish they would keep up!

WTF?

Where did I make this about Llanelli? Llandre was the only one to bring that up. Put your cowing pitchforks down mun.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 53 minutes ago at 10:25pm
How many English fans have we had coming to our games home and away. Isnt it time we gave some assistance to them to get supporters branches organised?

To grow what we have?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 54 minutes ago at 10:24pm
There are many things we get right. Its not all doom and gloom, but flip, they couldnt half make things so much easier for themselves with with a bit more aggression in their marketing.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 56 minutes ago at 10:22pm
Originally posted by lab lab wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Interesting point brought up on another forum. 

Why are we fishing for extra sales from a county where there are more sheep than people when we have Wales 2nd largest city 12 miles to the east?

In fact I would hazard a guess that we sell more shirts in Cardiff than we do in Pembs or Ceredigion.......
Because we(Cardis) dont mind travelling over 30 miles one way to watch the Scarlets and you got someone down the road from the parc who cant be arsed to get off their back side

Good grief, guys mun can we not do this everytime? I am not criticising west walians and their support.

What i am highlighting is, why are we ignoring the highly populated areas around us?

There is no rule against us promoting our brand elsewhere.

Or do you just close your eyes when you see Ospreys and Cardiff shirts in sports shops across west wales?
Actually I dont I just think how pathetic the Scarlets are promoting themselves in this county 

I am not going to argue there.
Owen111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 56 minutes ago at 10:22pm
When Kooga were the kit sponsors,one of my friends was the retail manager at the PYS Shop. He said they Kooga wouldn't allow the kit to be sold elsewhere - rugby heaven, dw sports etc. 

Then on the other had we have DW sports in Parc Trostre selling the ospreys strip along with every other DW sports in Wales most probably. 

Are Macron doing the same? Has anyone seen the Saints kit being sold in a retail outlet anywhere?

Pretty hard to promote our brand if this is the case 

Edited by Owen111 - 54 minutes ago at 10:24pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 57 minutes ago at 10:21pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

It's because of comments like that speedy, that has made us unpopular.

What comment?

Ive said nothing that hasnt been said by others. Are they unpopular with them too?

Its all very well doing our duty to the small amount of loyal supporters that make hefty regular journeys, but youve totally missed my point.

Taken way too much offence, when I was highlighting a blinkered marketing outlook that we have always had.

It seems because the wru said in 2003 we were regions, we thought we should be restricted to the lowest populated areas in Wales?

You know we have more fans in Cardiff than we do Haverfordwest yes?

What about those guys making the journey through the M4 corridor on a friday night thro a fair amount more traffic on the rds than anyone in West Wales has to put up with.

lab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 4 minutes ago at 10:14pm

Interesting point brought up on another forum. 

Why are we fishing for extra sales from a county where there are more sheep than people when we have Wales 2nd largest city 12 miles to the east?

In fact I would hazard a guess that we sell more shirts in Cardiff than we do in Pembs or Ceredigion.......
Because we(Cardis) dont mind travelling over 30 miles one way to watch the Scarlets and you got someone down the road from the parc who cant be arsed to get off their back side

Good grief, guys mun can we not do this everytime? I am not criticising west walians and their support.

What i am highlighting is, why are we ignoring the highly populated areas around us?

There is no rule against us promoting our brand elsewhere.

Or do you just close your eyes when you see Ospreys and Cardiff shirts in sports shops across west wales?
Actually I dont I just think how pathetic the Scarlets are promoting themselves in this county 
lan ar bar,S10
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 20 minutes ago at 9:58pm
does anyone have the accurate figure of how many shirts we sell annually?

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 23 minutes ago at 9:55pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

We have a lot of folk from down West who support us-pretty unsavoury divisive comments and we also have world class Pembs Rob Evans who is a role model to youngsters down there.

Explain how it was unsavoury and divisive please.

I spent many years living in Haverfordwest and Narberth thanks. It doesnt need explaining.

Edited by Speedy - 1 hour 21 minutes ago at 9:57pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 25 minutes ago at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Scrum_Bar_Turk Scrum_Bar_Turk wrote:

I argree speedy although we are the west wales rugby region we should def market and promote ourselfs all over wales and beyond to be honest when I walk around some parts west wales I see as many osperys shirts so we should also go in big time the urban areas east of Llanelli like loughor gorsenion bont gowerton south gower particularly with the likes of halfpenny playing for us

Thank you. Have a word with the rest of the "bored" will you.Wink
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 27 minutes ago at 9:51pm
I argree speedy although we are the west wales rugby region we should def market and promote ourselfs all over wales and beyond to be honest when I walk around some parts west wales I see as many osperys shirts so we should also go in big time the urban areas east of Llanelli like loughor gorsenion bont gowerton south gower particularly with the likes of halfpenny playing for us
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 29 minutes ago at 9:49pm
This forum really has gone to the dogs, why cant anyone offer a constructive critisism without beyond pitchforked?

Dont worry bois, bach......how many shirts do we sell each year?

happy days.
and yes now i am criticising. pitchforks at the ready guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic