Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kieran Hardy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kieran Hardy
    Posted: 24 November 2018 at 5:00pm
I believe this guy deserves a thread of his own. He joined us in the summer with not much fan fare and he's been impressive in every game and he took his chance last night that's for sure. 

Whilst he could have bossed and demanded possession from the forwards in that twenty minute assault on Ulster's try line at the start of the second half, but becoming vocal and ordering players will come with time and experience. What Kieran has already is all the basics for a scrum half, fine pass, kicking game, running game, not taking a back ward step, fine defence and being up for a challenge. He'll no doubt get better and at the moment he's a fine player so he'll only improve. 

Sam Hidalgo Clyne has a big challenge now and needs to step up his game. 

We have great scrum halves down the Parc at the moment and all with different styles. It's a great position of strength for us and its great to see Kieran Hardy, who at the start of the season should all our scrum halves be fit he was more than likely fourth choice, stepping up and putting his claim for the shirt and to be involved in big games. 

Well done Kieran! Keep it up!
eds
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 5:02pm
Been very impressive. Certainly laid down the challenge for SHC.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 7:05pm
And we’ve still got Jonny Evs to come back. Quality cover at 9.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 7:48pm
It's absolutely true that the Scarlets' strength in depth at 9 is impressive - and we allowed Wales internationals Aled Davies to leave this season(and Rhodri Williams a while back)!

Hooker is another position in which the Scarlets are very, very solid.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Scarletrob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 8:34pm
What`s his background ? Excuse ignorance but is he an academy product ?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 8:51pm

Yes he was in our Academy but left to play out in Jersey,played really well last night .
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 10:31am
He has won the no 2 spot for me. SHC will have to provide utility cover from the bench. Very disapointed in him and Clayton.

Cassiem was much better. 
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 11:27am
Thought he was class friday night. I was impressed with dan aswel and I wonder if he found the sharp service from hardy gave him that extra split second on the ball. Our attack seemed to flow a lot better with dan taking it a lot flatter and to the line similar to what patchell would do. Only negative would be their inability to step in and take the ball off the forwards few meters out when there was so much space on the wing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic