Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Squad looking a bit thin now

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message
Realwest View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 August 2015
Location: Milford Haven
Status: Offline
Points: 392
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squad looking a bit thin now
    Posted: 08 March 2020 at 8:49pm
With possible injury's to Ball Shingler and Halfpenny, Lousi looking at a ban plus missing out on Tomkins our squad is looking bit thin, is it time just to blood youngsters 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Machynys
Status: Offline
Points: 13780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

With possible injury's to Ball Shingler and Halfpenny, Lousi looking at a ban plus missing out on Tomkins our squad is looking bit thin, is it time just to blood youngsters 
plus Blade ( the forgotten man) Thompson and indeed Cubby and Foxy tbh . It’s a damn physical game now. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

With possible injury's to Ball Shingler and Halfpenny, Lousi looking at a ban plus missing out on Tomkins our squad is looking bit thin, is it time just to blood youngsters 
No you just select the best players possible. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
Realwest View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 August 2015
Location: Milford Haven
Status: Offline
Points: 392
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:51pm
I think were too cautious in giving young players a go look at the 6 nations LRZ would have been great to see , 

surely he would have been better than George North in the worst form of his career , but we will never know because Pivac seems to double down on his decisions , he's probably thinking how Parkes will look in the Welsh 10 shirt 
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

I think were too cautious in giving young players a go look at the 6 nations LRZ would have been great to see , 

surely he would have been better than George North in the worst form of his career , but we will never know because Pivac seems to double down on his decisions , he's probably thinking how Parkes will look in the Welsh 10 shirt 
LRZ would have been taken apart by England’s kicking game yesterday. The fact of the matter is he’s hardly trained with Wales throughout the whole Six Nations due to an underlying ankle injury and having to go back to Gloucester during the fallow weeks. He’s a fantastic prospect but he’s a 19 year old kid. He wouldn’t have made any difference to Wales’ successes this campaign
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:10pm
Based on what? He hasnt been taken apart in the erc or premiership has he? England had may and slade on that wing hardly great in the air are they?

Edited by RR1972 - 08 March 2020 at 10:14pm
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:13pm
[QUOTE=RR1972]Based on what? He hasnt been taken apart in the erc or premiership has he?[/QUOTE There really is no point me answering 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:17pm
Tell me why lrz would get exposed in the air by a guy like slade? You have  made a comment all im asking is for you to back that up? Lrz has not been exposed under the high ball at all to my knowledge. The opposite in fact he is a great kick chaser look
At the trys he has scored or set up doing just that. I’m not having a go at you just curious as to your logic on this


Edited by RR1972 - 08 March 2020 at 10:21pm
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Tell me why lrz would get exposed in the air by a guy like slade? You have  made a comment all im asking is for you to back that up? Lrz has not been exposed under the high ball at all to my knowledge. The opposite in fact he is a great kick chaser look
At the trys he has scored or set up doing just that. I’m not having a go at you just curious as to your logic on this
He’s been exposed aerially in the Premiership. The positives far outweighs the negatives but he isn’t faultless. Sanjay and Halfpenny are two of the best in the world aerially and even they found it tough going yesterday. And there’s also the small matter that he’s hardly trained. He literally has hardly been there.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Tell me why lrz would get exposed in the air by a guy like slade? You have  made a comment all im asking is for you to back that up? Lrz has not been exposed under the high ball at all to my knowledge. The opposite in fact he is a great kick chaser look
At the trys he has scored or set up doing just that. I’m not having a go at you just curious as to your logic on this
He’s been exposed aerially in the Premiership. The positives far outweighs the negatives but he isn’t faultless. Sanjay and Halfpenny are two of the best in the world aerially and even they found it tough going yesterday. And there’s also the small matter that he’s hardly trained. He literally has hardly been there.
yet north who is bang average in the air was fine. Liam wasn’t fit for lrz not to have had a single minute this 6 nations given our injury issues and north and mcnicholl form is laughable and sums up pivac bizarre selection policy of the last 18 months. Hell prob pick him away to nz now 😂😂

Edited by RR1972 - 08 March 2020 at 10:34pm
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Tell me why lrz would get exposed in the air by a guy like slade? You have  made a comment all im asking is for you to back that up? Lrz has not been exposed under the high ball at all to my knowledge. The opposite in fact he is a great kick chaser look
At the trys he has scored or set up doing just that. I’m not having a go at you just curious as to your logic on this
He’s been exposed aerially in the Premiership. The positives far outweighs the negatives but he isn’t faultless. Sanjay and Halfpenny are two of the best in the world aerially and even they found it tough going yesterday. And there’s also the small matter that he’s hardly trained. He literally has hardly been there.
yet north who is bang average in the air was fine. Liam wasn’t fit for lrz not to have had a single minute this 6 nations given our injury issues and north and mcnicholl form is laughable and sums up pivac bizarre selection policy of the last 18 months. Hell prob pick him away to nz now 😂😂
You completely ignored my post
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:41pm
No i asked for a reason you gave one, tbh ive not seen him get found out in the air in the prem games or european games ive watched. If you say he has ill take you at your word. You watch more prem games than i do any links?. I think its ridiclous he’s  had no game time you think its fine, we disagree that’s fine if we all thought the same we’d have no forum. I think pivac is well out of his depth and will be gone in 12 months. That’s my prediction 👍👍. His non selections of lrz or wgj defy logic

Edited by RR1972 - 08 March 2020 at 10:52pm
Back to Top
Realwest View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 August 2015
Location: Milford Haven
Status: Offline
Points: 392
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:44pm
North is very suspect in defence positionally terrible and had the turning circle of the titanic 

A player his size really needs to use his physicality or whats the point in him being there

He's done well to have had so many caps and go on lions tours 

And when he came along i really thought he would go on to be one of the greats, but his current form is far from that, i say drop him out of the squad 
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 43449
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2020 at 4:14am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Based on what? He hasnt been taken apart in the erc or premiership has he? England had may and slade on that wing hardly great in the air are they?


Yeah he has s bit sir.
As you would expect from a lad making his way in the pro game. Couple of games in Europe saw him targeted and come up short.
With the ball though he is a real prospect.

The only downside with picking Prem players is the release back to clubs on non match weekends. It was why Gats disliked picking from there.

Pivac has gone for it, but tbh they have mostly turned in to squad fillers really.

Edited by Wil Chips - 09 March 2020 at 4:18am
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 43449
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2020 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

North is very suspect in defence positionally terrible and had the turning circle of the titanic 

A player his size really needs to use his physicality or whats the point in him being there

He's done well to have had so many caps and go on lions tours 

And when he came along i really thought he would go on to be one of the greats, but his current form is far from that, i say drop him out of the squad 



North played very well on Saturday.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 16374
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2020 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

North is very suspect in defence positionally terrible and had the turning circle of the titanic 

A player his size really needs to use his physicality or whats the point in him being there

He's done well to have had so many caps and go on lions tours 

And when he came along i really thought he would go on to be one of the greats, but his current form is far from that, i say drop him out of the squad 



North played very well on Saturday.
Yes. 

Quite a few critics of his form have admitted that as well.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.