FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster v Scarlets match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster v Scarlets match thread
    Posted: 27 November 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Treadwell got a 3 week ban. Didn't even hear he'd been cited.

So the TMO was 'quite wrong' to put it mildly

After the outcry, I think there was no option but to cite him.

Looking further ahead, I think Greg Garner, who appoints referees, and presumably AR's and TMO's has some work to do. I can't see CVC allowing this situation to continue. The adverse publicity could seriously affect their ability to market the league which could affect their income. 

Your right, it’s not a good advert for the league, we’ve been a laughing stock for many years.  The quality of officiating has been substandard as a whole (the fans have been saying so for years but the powers at be have just let the substandard performances carry on).
Last weeks incident has also brought the role of the TMO into the public domain.  They are meant to be impartial observers, who's role is assist the referees and bring their attention to any incident that the referee has missed in real time - their role is not to try to influence the referee, especially when it is seen to benefit one team or one nation over another.
We lost out on 3 more league points last week, Ulster gained 3 points and Connacht also benefitted in third place by virtue of the fact that we were not able to increase our lead over them.
The fact that Treadwell has been found guilty of a dangerous offence that warranted a red card and has been subsequently banned for 3 weeks hasn’t benefited the scarlets at all and made a mockery of the role of TMOs.

I can (just about) excuse incompetence but willful bias is not a good look. Mr MacNeice's employers have had to do a quick U-turn. 
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 6:36pm

Looking further ahead, I think Greg Garner, who appoints referees, and presumably AR's and TMO's has some work to do. I can't see CVC allowing this situation to continue. The adverse publicity could seriously affect their ability to market the league which could affect their income. 
There’s an awful lot of sweepings under that metaphorical green carpet.Wink
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 6:28pm

Your right, it’s not a good advert for the league, we’ve been a laughing stock for many years.  The quality of officiating has been substandard as a whole (the fans have been saying so for years but the powers at be have just let the substandard performances carry on).
Last weeks incident has also brought the role of the TMO into the public domain.  They are meant to be impartial observers, who's role is assist the referees and bring their attention to any incident that the referee has missed in real time - their role is not to try to influence the referee, especially when it is seen to benefit one team or one nation over another.
We lost out on 3 more league points last week, Ulster gained 3 points and Connacht also benefitted in third place by virtue of the fact that we were not able to increase our lead over them.
The fact that Treadwell has been found guilty of a dangerous offence that warranted a red card and has been subsequently banned for 3 weeks hasn’t benefited the scarlets at all and made a mockery of the role of TMOs.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Just watched the game last night on Clic (thanks to however recommended that to me).

The red card should have been given to Ulster, but thought their 2nd yellow was harsh.

I love Ed Kennedy. His passion to win is excellent.

Who partnered Drake at lock? Was it Lousi or Price? They were really good together.

Anyone got an interview with Danny Drake. I know Jac Price is a Quins product, and that DD hails from NZ. But I also seem to remember he is WQ. He was born in London according to wiki, to a Welsh mother?
He’s not Welsh qualified 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 5:35pm

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 5:23pm

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 4:43pm

Just watched the game last night on Clic (thanks to however recommended that to me).

The red card should have been given to Ulster, but thought their 2nd yellow was harsh.

Who partnered Drake at lock? Was it Lousi or Price? They were really good together.

Anyone got an interview with Danny Drake. I know Jac Price is a Quins product, and that DD hails from NZ. But I also seem to remember he is WQ. He was born in London according to wiki, to a Welsh mother?
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 4:38pm

Jac Price

I thought so, but the article I read said he was on the bench and Lousi starting. Cheers.
Scarlets before Wales
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:49pm

The two young locks have been outstanding !!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Jac Price made 19 tackles.

Looking a fine prospect to be fair. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:44pm
 Jac Price made 19 tackles.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:21pm

Jac Price
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 2:48pm

Scarlets before Wales
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:14pm
stick the Pro 14 team of the week on Sundays dressing room door and lets go
Bys Meri Ann View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 10:41pm
Not only is there no citing forthcoming, the Pro14 have picked Kieran Treadwell in their Team of the Week! 
The league is so Irish-centric I don't think they're aware they're being insensitive. 3 Ulster forwards in the team of the week, no sign of Jac Morgan or Kalamafoni.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sione has been brilliant for us, imo he has been our stand out player this season
Yes, I totally agree. If we're looking for an example of what we want from a player, he's the guy. 

Him & Cassiem over the last 2 seasons show what we need from our NWQ players.

Add the following to that list, Werner, and initially J Mc and Hadleigh.

Very much so. Werner has been very good for us, as have the other 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic