Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert Lloyd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert Lloyd
    Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:36am

Has everyone seen the offer by Robert Lloyd to meet a couple of us?

As I have said on the forum - and may be speaking out of turn - I think it should be members of the working group. He seems to want to limit the numbers. Does anyone wish to take this on? I would be game as long as it fits in with my time off from work. This is beginning to interfere, especially as the BBC rang me during a meeting with my Consultant yesterday. However, I am working overnight on Thursday this week and could be there any time if people think it appropriate?

Taking of meetings, I think we need to get back to our original stated purpose and look towards the open meeting. There is a lot to be done, including preparing a PowerPoint presentation. I am more than happy to assist and even present some of it if others don't feel comfortable. Can we arrange a date to meet? Time is running out, and my committments are growing!

Sponsored Links

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:46am

Alun- what people at the Star have we/you been building bridges with? I'm counting Ron Cant as SWEP/freelance.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

I think that we all have to remember that everyting that is posted on the open forum is certainly liable to be used/abused by the press and / or others if the content suits their purpose.

We, as a group certainly need to be careful with our posts even here, where everybody who has access SHOULD be supportive of our aims and objectives.

All of us forgot this one after seeing the Stars report this week.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Alun- what people at the Star have we/you been building bridges with? I'm counting Ron Cant as SWEP/freelance.

I have had email / PM exchange with Robert Lloyd.

Mainly it was due to the cricket match report and photos

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:07am

I'm willing to meet him now that I've resolved some certain "difficulties". For your info. Over the last couple of months there's been so much conflict & strife at work that, yesterday, I finally accepted a V.R. package to finish on the 29th of this month. (Had to forego period of notice due to change in pension regs). My head is already a bit clearer now that the decision's been made and I can now devote more time to helping with the on-going situation. Yes, I think we need, as a group, to meet a couple of times before the 28th too.

P.S. Any jobs going?

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Has everyone seen the offer by Robert Lloyd to meet a couple of us?

As I have said on the forum - and may be speaking out of turn - I think it should be members of the working group. He seems to want to limit the numbers. Does anyone wish to take this on? I would be game as long as it fits in with my time off from work. This is beginning to interfere, especially as the BBC rang me during a meeting with my Consultant yesterday. However, I am working overnight on Thursday this week and could be there any time if people think it appropriate?

Taking of meetings, I think we need to get back to our original stated purpose and look towards the open meeting. There is a lot to be done, including preparing a PowerPoint presentation. I am more than happy to assist and even present some of it if others don't feel comfortable. Can we arrange a date to meet? Time is running out, and my committments are growing!

As with Abbey, If everyone would approve, I would be able to attend a meeting on Thursday. IF he is genuinely prepared to discuss our gripes, and do something about it, it could be a positive move, especially with regards to the Trust launch.

I think we have to accept the offer, otherwise, no doubt, the Star will print the offer, and report our failure to accept.

It MAY be that he is starting to understand the consequences to the Scarlets and the area of the protest and the call-in, and needs to start distancing himself and the paper from the possible effects.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:11am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

I'm willing to meet him now that I've resolved some certain "difficulties". For your info. Over the last couple of months there's been so much conflict & strife at work that, yesterday, I finally accepted a V.R. package to finish on the 29th of this month. (Had to forego period of notice due to change in pension regs). My head is already a bit clearer now that the decision's been made and I can now devote more time to helping with the on-going situation. Yes, I think we need, as a group, to meet a couple of times before the 28th too.

P.S. Any jobs going?

Hope you've made the right decision for you Barrie, I think we all appreciate that you've had a lot on your mind recently.

Advice?---DON'T become a Driving Instructor.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:15am

We met a journalist called Liz Perkins who also contibutes to the Star. I have her card and an offer of assistance if needed.

To be fair, Ron is employed by the SWEP group, which includes the Star.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:17am
 It's not a bad financial package at all, Dorian. I intend to spend the first two weeks of October just drooling over my bank balance.  Wink   Count me in for Thursday.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:40am

I agree - we'll have to meet Lloyd. I've been incensed by him allowing Ray to have the last word and smear our petition after that hard work and time. I'm also angry about the nonsense they gave Jonescnnr after he called them. Think I need to chill out for a day or two and can back a bit more balanced and objective!

I'm pleased he felt the need to post on that thread - at least we've rattled him enough to make a play. I'd like to think the threats about going to the parent company helped, so allow me that little bit of smug satisfaction

Thursday is out for me completely. I'm happy to meet Lloyd, even though it will be difficult to hide my dislike of him (he's a real smarmy pillock, uif you don't know him). Feel free to go ahead without me though if you want it done this week.

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:41am

It's not a bad financial package at all, Dorian. I intend to spend the first two weeks of October just drooling over my bank balance.  Wink   Count me in for Thursday.

My girlfriend's father is in the same position Barrie - he's leaving CCC this month too. All the best and enjoy the peace for a while!

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:44am

My girlfriend's father is in the same position Barrie - he's leaving CCC this month too. All the best and enjoy the peace for a while!

Thanks Mike.
NickiF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickiF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 4:12pm

I hadnt heard, it was low letting Ray Jones have the last word this week. I guess a meeting might help resolve a few things and as Dorian said he'll make sure everyone knows if we refuse. Just shout if you need a hand with things for the meeting, theres not long to go now.  

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:10pm

Sorry to hear about the VR. You must have had an agonising time. Pob lwc, Barrie.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:41pm
Diolch, Alun.
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:29pm
All the best Barrie. Hope things work out for you.

I don't see how this debate can 'move forward', as Lloyd puts it. He's clearly biased and obviously doesn't like having it pointed out on a public forum.

I suggest we count to ten before considering a meeting.

What exactly does he want from this, apart from another story to sell his newspaper?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic