Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toulon Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:42am
Originally posted by 1000ydstare 1000ydstare wrote:

I meant of course drunker Toulon fan ,I wasn't too clever myself.
lol
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 7:58am
How about reaching out to Ospreys & Blues fans to come and watch? Those who who aren’t travelling to France might well want to come and see what should be a cracking match.

The Dragons kick off at 1500 and Blues at 1700 Sat. The Ospreys match will be on TV beforehand in the barn and elsewhere in y Parc so the idea might well appeal to a decent number.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:08am
If Halfers or Jonny Mac (or hopefully both) are fit then Patch moves back to flyhalf for me. The way Banahan ran over Dinky will have been noted by even the doziest Toulon analyst and we could expect Bastareau running at him all night.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:12am
I would replace Prydie with Jonny if fit. Our attacking game relies on getting the ball wide mainly in the left field. I think this has a lot to do with most players being more comfortable passing right to left.

Asquith is a box of tricks - he carried into contact for the 1st try Friday after supporting Scott for 40 metres, got to his feet & took the ball a few phases later at first receiver went for the gap between two players and offloaded to Beirne - priceless. 

When you are on the right wing coaches are looking for a player to roam and find the ball; Prydie did this to be fair but he is not yet as good as Jonny in this regard. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

If Halfers or Jonny Mac (or hopefully both) are fit then Patch moves back to flyhalf for me. The way Banahan ran over Dinky will have been noted by even the doziest Toulon analyst and we could expect Bastareau running at him all night.
1/2p didn't sound too confident when I asked if he would be fit,fingers crossed he said.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Patch isn't the strongest defender mind..
We're still still here!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:59am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I would replace Prydie with Jonny if fit. Our attacking game relies on getting the ball wide mainly in the left field. I think this has a lot to do with most players being more comfortable passing right to left.

Asquith is a box of tricks - he carried into contact for the 1st try Friday after supporting Scott for 40 metres, got to his feet & took the ball a few phases later at first receiver went for the gap between two players and offloaded to Beirne - priceless. 

When you are on the right wing coaches are looking for a player to roam and find the ball; Prydie did this to be fair but he is not yet as good as Jonny in this regard. 
Jonny is a step above. Always looking for  - and finding - the ball.
Prydie is coming along nicely
We're still still here!
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:02am
If only jonny mac is fit i would be inclined to put him at full back with patchel moving to 10. Asquith and prydie deserve to keep their place.

We need the biggest crowd possible down there sat! I have allready got 3 part timers to come down we all need to tell everyone to do the same.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

If only jonny mac is fit i would be inclined to put him at full back with patchel moving to 10. Asquith and prydie deserve to keep their place.

We need the biggest crowd possible down there sat! I have allready got 3 part timers to come down we all need to tell everyone to do the same.
dan jones played well.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
seany61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seany61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:15am
Dan Jones did play well. Its difficult to drop anyone .. everyone in the squad played well!
Think, Think, Think .... Its a thinking game.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:42am
Spoke to one of the physio’s Friday after the game and she was confident that both Johnny and Leigh would be fit for Toulon
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Spoke to one of the physio’s Friday after the game and she was confident that both Johnny and Leigh would be fit for Toulon

Any mention of any other injuries?

Nobody seemed to be in pain coming off on Friday, so hopefully...............

coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Any mention of any other injuries?

Nobody seemed to be in pain coming off on Friday, so hopefully...............

No further injuries mentioned, but things can happen during training too.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by seany61 seany61 wrote:

Dan Jones did play well. Its difficult to drop anyone .. everyone in the squad played well!

Totally agree and it’s the first time in a while we have offered an attacking threat from fb. Patchell may not want to be a fb but there is no doubting he is extremely good when he plays there!

For me, the only change would be mcnicoll if available just to add some top end gas to the backs.

No one that played in Bath deserves to lose their place but I feel Jonny offers something we need
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:04am
There are more supporters injured than players

Edited by LLANDRE - 14 January 2018 at 11:04am
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
theflier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How about reaching out to Ospreys & Blues fans to come and watch? Those who who aren’t travelling to France might well want to come and see what should be a cracking match.

I  (Blues) will be there, too good to miss.  

Unrelated, it seems you lot have realised what we did 2-3 years ago. Patchell is a decent 10 but a very good 15, an international 15 if he wanted, but not at 10. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic