Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toulon Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:32pm
I think that ForesightKing may well be suffering from the lack of a sphincter, and is unfortunatley  unable to defecate as a result.

Sponsored Links

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Cool the pace guys; lets enjoy this weekend first. Smile

No, lets keep it going all week and end with a frenzy on Saturday evening.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

I think that ForesightKing may well be suffering from the lack of a sphincter, and is unfortunatley  unable to defecate as a result.

..if true, well deserved..LOL
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:47pm
Yep, all on this one. Top of pool 5 sounds decent... Especially considering us losing the opener two rounds.
And We Were Singing...
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by AB2008 AB2008 wrote:

Would love the scarlets to get Dafydd Iwan to do some stuff on the pitch pre-game. 

Didn't he play before that famous game v Leicester many moons ago, when we destroyed them up front and Stevo kicked the goals to win it? (Slightly off topic, but I got to shake the hand of Martyn Madden last night in the Boater... nice to see him there.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I'd say the odds are in favour of whoever has the luck of the weather gods. If it's not raining and the pitch is good I'd fully back us to win. If it's similar weather to the Ospreys game I'd say Toulon are favourites.
I think our decision making has improved a lot since Bath beat us in the early round monsoon and we are now unlikely to keep on trying to play unthinking rugby for most of the match.  We must find a way of stopping some of the huge Toulon players from continually crossing the gain line. If we can do that then we should win as we are now developing a more complete game with  some clever kicking to turn defences.
As every schoolboy knows  F=ma and the bigger m is the lower a will be, and Bastareaud will require a huge force to turn and out-accelerate Cawdor. In other words do that a few times and I'd be surprised if he'll come anywhere near tackling our quicker backs and will probably be replaced totally knackered by half time. Also, as we saw in France they are not immune to making handling errors and the Toulon climate  is quite different to Trimsaran's so we should have a little more experience of the wet stuff.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:12pm
After emphatic away victories in our recent past we have faltered at home afterwards it's time to back it up now
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

After emphatic away victories in our recent past we have faltered at home afterwards it's time to back it up now
I know where you're coming from, but we do seem to have that clinical mentality now. And look at our home record lately.
Have to be optimistic I think. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:28pm
And our injuries are mild compared to the likes of Clermont. I'm feeling optimistic, mathematically we can finish 2nd/3rd with ACM behind Leinster. Leinster are the only team that scare me
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:18pm
Imagine the income boost fron a sell out Saturday and a home QF! If we win our group then it will take a few results to go against us and deny us a home QF .
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:21pm
Indeed it would be. Ten years since we've been at the Parc. It's time that we were back eating on the top table.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:50pm
Biggest game in pys history. We have to play at the same intensity and pace.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:05am
Really looking forward
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:27am
Oops, let’s try again.
Really looking forward to the weekend, destiny’s in our hands in Europe for the first time in a decade. Whilst I agree that the weather will probably play a part in how we approach this game, we are a more rounded team than we were and just as we showed last night we are not afraid to play the territory and percentages game if needed.
We were very naive against Bath in October but learned from that game and played far more pragmatically against our nearest and dearest the next time we encountered atrocious weather conditions at PYS.
I can’t see any reason why we can’t see a sellout next Saturday, it’s a winner takes all game, we have home advantage and are on a winning streak at home which stretches back to September 2016. If we can’t fill the ground then we have to question what’s more important to the locals than following a rugby team that has put them on the map and helps to promote the town around Europe and further afield, a team that’s on the verge of something special.
I wouldn’t change much in the way of personnel for the weekend. The forwards were immense against Bath, as were the backs. If I was to make changes to the starting 15, it would probably be either Prydie or Asquith for McNicholl if he’s fit to play, although that would be harsh on both players. I’d probably go for a 6-2 split on the bench again, as the match is going to be very attritional up front - bearing in mind that Cubby and Macloed can play in the backs at a push.
1000ydstare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1000ydstare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:31am
Still got the well worn Toulon flag I swapped for a Scarlets hat with a drunk French fan from last years home game ,I think we may well get through and get a home quarter final
Either way I really wanted the last pool game to mean something so next week is sh*t or b*st.
1000ydstare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1000ydstare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:33am
I meant of course drunker Toulon fan ,I wasn't too clever myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic