Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tries of the decade video?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tries of the decade video?
    Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:53am
Considering our season is over i need to start work on the regular 'Tries of the Season' video soon.

As we've now had about 10 years of TOTS between Snedds and myself, was wondering if people would be interested in a short 'Tries of the Decade' creation based on the most popular tries recommended on this thread. Say top 5 or possibly top 10 tries (depending on interest) from 2010-2020.

This will be entirely based on people's recommendations and if you agree with someone's suggestion then quote their post and add your appreciation for the try. I'll tally them up at the end and piece something together from the existing videos.

Edited by minded - 21 March 2020 at 12:54am
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 6:40am
Great idea and thanks for thinking of it.

We first saw Scarlets at Northampton Saints in the Heineken in 2011. Tries from that and Aaron Shingler’s at Castres are readily recalled, yet there are so many over this time.

Away to Connacht in the title winning year plus the final.

It promises to be great fun and diverting.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 7:12am
many european club are streaming on their facebook page old matches and creating events...Should be nice re watch all togheter games like Munster win in our season trophy or others..
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 10:22am
I wonder which try will be second two Rhys Priestland's try (against Perpignan? in the Heineken Cup (which is hopefully within the time scale). To me this was a try that sums up what Scarlet's rugby is all about.
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 10:24am
Want to see some rolling  maul tries from 5m  out addedLOL
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Brilliant. LOLBig smile
Joshua24:15
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 11:29am
If time and inclination permits (maybe Kid A will feel sufficiently motivated to pick this up), I’d like to see a we would robbed set of clips.

My nomination for number 1 was when we were denied a win over a Saracens in the Heineken/Champions Cup at PyS. Foxy should’ve been given a turnover penalty for them holding on but they got the penalty, scored a converted try and secured the draw. Head of refs confirmed we were unjustly denied.

Btw, it’s not meant to be a dig at any particular ref, it’s just how sport can be at times.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Brilliant. LOLBig smile
The picture quality on them should be really good as they’re a much more recent development.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:07pm
Rhys p vs perpignan nailed on to win
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:15pm
Sanjay scoring the first try v Munster in the 2017 final after patch’s beautiful kick ahead sums it all up - in my opinion.  Hope the bbc show old cup finals and also matches v touring teams.  I’d love to see Llanelli v Maoris 1982 , Australia in 84 , Fiji 85 and Australia in 92.  Forgot about a certain match v nz in 72 as well !!! 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 1:01pm
Why make it short? Get them all in there lol. 
Bys Meri Ann View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Sanjay scoring the first try v Munster in the 2017 final after patch’s beautiful kick ahead sums it all up - in my opinion.  Hope the bbc show old cup finals and also matches v touring teams.  I’d love to see Llanelli v Maoris 1982 , Australia in 84 , Fiji 85 and Australia in 92.  Forgot about a certain match v nz in 72 as well !!! 

S4C re-showed Straeon o'r Strade last night. A delightful programme from 2008 tinged with sadness that the old place has gone. It had some great footage of the big games over the years and interviews with the likes of Phil Bennett, the Quinnells, Ray Williams, Ieuan, Stephen Jones etc. Even old footage of the great Ivor Jones talking about one of the greatest - Albert Jenkins. 

Here's a link, it's on there for a month: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/326692359
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Bys Meri Ann Bys Meri Ann wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

S4C re-showed Straeon o'r Strade last night. A delightful programme from 2008 tinged with sadness that the old place has gone. It had some great footage of the big games over the years and interviews with the likes of Phil Bennett, the Quinnells, Ray Williams, Ieuan, Stephen Jones etc. Even old footage of the great Ivor Jones talking about one of the greatest - Albert Jenkins. 

Here's a link, it's on there for a month: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/326692359

It was rubbish - it didn't show one rolling maul or one pick-and-drive from 2 yards out. It was full of back moves and soppy nostalgia.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2020 at 10:41pm

Here are some suggestions: 

Priestland v Blues 2010 a

Priestland v Perpignan 2010 h

Stevo v Perpignan 2010 h

Stoddard v Leicester 2010 a

Stoddard v Leicester 2011 h

Ben morgan v castres 2011 h

Sanjay v Northampton 2011 a

Lamont v Munster 2012 h

Scott Williams v Harlequins 2013 a

Scott Williams v Racing 2013 h

Barclay v Munster 2014 h

Barclay v Ospreys 2015 h

Scott Williams v Dragons 2015 a

Parkes v Blues 2016 a

McNicholl v Munster 2017 a

Shingler v Ospreys 2017 h

Cawdor v Leinster 2017 semi

Steff Evans v Munster 2017 final

DTH v Munster 2017 final

Steff Evans v Bath 2017 h

Asquith v Benetton 2017 h (from the restart)

Macleod v Ospreys 2017 h

Beirne v Bath 2018 a

Parkes v Bath 2018 a

Asquith v Bath 2018 a

Prydie v Toulon 2018 h

Conbeer v Ulster 2018 h

Patchell v La Rochelle 2018 h

Steff Eva v Cheetahs 2018 h

Rob Evans v Glasgow 2018 semi

McNicholl v Leinster 2018 final (3rd try)

McNicholl v Ospreys h 2018

McNicholl v Leicester h 2019

Hardy v Zebre h 2019

Conveer v Ospreys h 2019 (1st try)

Steff Evs v Ospreys h 2019

Scarlets am Byth
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by GreyScarlet GreyScarlet wrote:

I wonder which try will be second two Rhys Priestland's try (against Perpignan? in the Heineken Cup (which is hopefully within the time scale). To me this was a try that sums up what Scarlet's rugby is all about.

The Steven Jones try in the same game. 
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 11:48am
Many tries but how about the incredible defensive effort at Rodney Parade...was it 30 odd phases of tackling on the try line to bring home the win. better than any try that was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic