Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

T.V. Coverage for Champions cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

I've subscribed to Premier Sports, and already have Sky. There's no way on this planet that I'm paying out for another PPVTV subscription.............it's getting totally out of control to be honest.

I'm with EE, and if I decide to get the BT Sports App on there, then that'll be the way I'll do it as it's an extra fiver a month on top of my current mobile phone plan. BT want something like £26.99 a month to get their sports on Sky, which is quite frankly a joke!

I've got Kodi all set up on my mobile and Xbox One, with Sports Devil, SkyNet and Joker Sports all set up. When the streams for BT Sports work, they work extremely well, so going to give this a go first.

My other option is to buy a MAG box, and pay for an IP subscription that would give me practically every sports channel know to man, inc movies and everything else. 

There are rumours that Sky Sports have some of Wales' Autumn test matches. So for fans of Welsh pro rugby - that is three subscription channels you need plus a tv license for the 6 Nations.

If a channel like Eleven Sports (which already has successfully grabbed rights for La Liga and UFC) gets some of the rugby then it's going to get totally out of hand.

It's now totally understandable why some people resort to "other means" for their sport fix.
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:21am

I've subscribed to Premier Sports, and already have Sky. There's no way on this planet that I'm paying out for another PPVTV subscription.............it's getting totally out of control to be honest.

I'm with EE, and if I decide to get the BT Sports App on there, then that'll be the way I'll do it as it's an extra fiver a month on top of my current mobile phone plan. BT want something like £26.99 a month to get their sports on Sky, which is quite frankly a joke!

I've got Kodi all set up on my mobile and Xbox One, with Sports Devil, SkyNet and Joker Sports all set up. When the streams for BT Sports work, they work extremely well, so going to give this a go first.

My other option is to buy a MAG box, and pay for an IP subscription that would give me practically every sports channel know to man, inc movies and everything else. 

Tap tv works pretty well on play store.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:23am
Another option which is popular is bt sport customers and Sky sports customers each swap a log in 

ya buy one ya get one free, I said ya buy one ya get one free.

T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:38am
Mobdro + Chromecast + Good internet speed = Thumbs Up

No need to pay for BT or Sky Sports then!

Although I have signed up for Premier as I never find a good stream for that.
Writer for The Rugby Club
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

There are rumours that Sky Sports have some of Wales' Autumn test matches. So for fans of Welsh pro rugby - that is three subscription channels you need plus a tv license for the 6 Nations.

If a channel like Eleven Sports (which already has successfully grabbed rights for La Liga and UFC) gets some of the rugby then it's going to get totally out of hand.

It's now totally understandable why some people resort to "other means" for their sport fix.

Mate of mine has had a MAG box for the past three years, pays an annual subscription of between 45 - 65 quid a year, and has access to every sky channel (inc box office for sport and movies), BT Sports, Premier Sport, US and European sports channels for every sport that you can think of, and then the movies (current releases etc) are just endless, and then the live stream for various sports is absolutely huge.

Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:41am

Mate of mine has had a MAG box for the past three years, pays an annual subscription of between 45 - 65 quid a year, and has access to every sky channel (inc box office for sport and movies), BT Sports, Premier Sport, US and European sports channels for every sport that you can think of, and then the movies (current releases etc) are just endless, and then the live stream for various sports is absolutely huge.

Yes. I have heard of similar solutions that get nice shiny HD sports feeds to your televisions.

Obviously ScarletFever.org in no way endorses these methods or any methods that infringe on copyrighted material.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by T_RICHARDS_94 T_RICHARDS_94 wrote:

Mobdro + Chromecast + Good internet speed = Thumbs Up

No need to pay for BT or Sky Sports then!

Although I have signed up for Premier as I never find a good stream for that.

Yeah, I HAVE Mobdro set up on my Kodi Thumbs Up

Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 11:29am
So whats the best box to be buying??
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

So whats the best box to be buying??

Probably bets to start a new topic in the "ordered" or "random" section to discuss that. Thanks.
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 11:40am
Confused
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
mark in sydney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 12:10pm
In Aus have Rubypass that has all Pro 14 and Champions / challenge cup games for US 37 / year .. stream most games live , stream on iPad or Apple TV 4k via their app

Need a VPN from UK ... Fox sports and BeIn don’t cover these so pretty cheap ... BeIn have retained 6 N

These two rights and ways of watching games is getting painfull, last year BeIn covered the lot 6N , Pro 14 and Europe .. just as frustrating down here

I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 12:51pm
Bt sports is £5 a month with EE no minimum contract. Just subscribe for a month per round then cancel. If you pay full price for any kind of utility bill you need to give them a phone call. You get discount with all of them with haggling.
coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 2:56pm

Sorry to be twp, what’s a MAG box?

Edited by coldith - 12 October 2018 at 2:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic