Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

T.V. Rugby Coverage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T.V. Rugby Coverage
    Posted: 04 October 2004 at 6:13pm
which channel do u find the best?  i don't like s4c, i find that on a number of times the replays have been on and something is happening in the game that's being missed.  brynmor's analysis is a pain too, i've seen him going into detail on an interception try in the past!  dunno about the commentary as i don't speak welsh.    as for the bbc i think it's quite good and i like jonathan davies' commentary.  the new option to listen to other people on digital is good too, the fans one is a good laugh.  and as for sky can never really hear it in the stradey arms, not the best sound there!
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 6:45pm
biggest pain i found in s4c coverage from munster was they kept talking over the ref and touch judge when they were discussing what actions to be taken against the players.on the whole i have to say that skys coverage is brilliant,the zurich and the currie cup are very easy to follow(when you dont know all the players.)
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

biggest pain i found in s4c coverage from munster was they kept talking over the ref and touch judge when they were discussing what actions to be taken against the players.

Totally agree with you there bin,

My kids ran for cover when I yelled SHUT UP at the commentators, think it was during the .

J.D sin binning or the I don't know who did the high tackle but it was someone in Red.

Ok, the kids were playing up at the time, but they were just a little less anoying

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

biggest pain i found in s4c coverage from munster was they kept talking over the ref and touch judge when they were discussing what actions to be taken against the players.

Totally agree with you there bin,

My kids ran for cover when I yelled SHUT UP at the commentators, think it was during the .

J.D sin binning or the I don't know who did the high tackle but it was someone in Red.

Ok, the kids were playing up at the time, but they were just a little less anoying

I found myslef shouting shut up at the tv quite a lot during the match as well. They were constantly talking when ever the ref had something to say. It was really annoying.

Through Thick And Thin!
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 11:19pm
S4C commentators are a right pain in the rear end, I have to agree, but Barnes and Morris aren't far behind them. I hate sky's commentators, but the coverage is probably the best available. BBC aren't too bad either. Like the combos of Gareth Charles, Jiffy (at times), Eddie Butler, etc.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:02pm

its got to be sky sports

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by reesdascarlet reesdascarlet wrote:

its got to be sky sports

If you enjoy 80 mins of rugby and 100 mins of ads.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2004 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by yedarts yedarts wrote:

Originally posted by reesdascarlet reesdascarlet wrote:

its got to be sky sports

If you enjoy 80 mins of rugby and 100 mins of ads.
i would rather put up with a 100 mins of ads(slightly high figure i feel)than listen to waldorf and statler on s4c.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2004 at 2:02pm
Im a welsh speaker, but i dont like S4C's coverage of rugby at all. I think the double act of Brynmor Williams and Gwyn Jones is a very poor combination. I much prefere the Scrum5 coverage! 
scarlets 4eva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlets 4eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 9:06pm

i prefer scrum 5 because jonathan davies is really funny

i remember once when mchugh was refing us he wanted a scrum up and he kept shouting get up,get up and johny was doing an impression of him!

Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 9:29pm

I'm biased a bit 'cos I've had a go, but Scrum v's fan commentary is an inspired idea, depending on who they get to do it it's belting.

Sky Sports is streets ahead though, their coverage of sports in general is top notch.

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 9:05am
I think that barnes and morris are very entertaining. They talk so much rubbish it's really quite funny.
Through Thick And Thin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic