Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tyler Morgan,Johnny Williams ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 5:33pm
Who's our 12?
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 5:55pm
Johnny Williams was on the cusp of breaking through into the England squad, thats a very astute signing. Seen some interviews of him and he still seems a professional character despite what he’s been through. 
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 6:39pm
Johnny can play outside half and wing, primarily a centre though. 
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 6:58pm
The last two centres we signed from the Dragons ( correct me if I’m wrong) were Gareth Maule and Matty J. They didn’t turn out too bad. Let’s hope Tyler will be the same quality in our environment. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2020 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Who's our 12?
left and right old school 👍
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 11:59am
I like the look of Tyler and Johnny. Would like a more experienced 'Williams' alongside them.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 4:49pm
I still think that Costelow can also play occasionally at centre as he has done for Leicester. If we include Sam we have 4 potential 10s and he probably won't initially be the first choice, although he won't be fourth either. His ability to play in two positions will probably be enough for him to begin his career with us, in most matchday squads.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 5:09pm
I think the club see's sam as a long term successor to patch and an able back up in the mean time. I also think that the club see's AOB as a back up full back when liam and leigh are on international duty. Mcnicholl steff conbeer and liam being our wingers
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 5:38pm
Our backline cover is looking good, with players who are able to interchange easily and cover several positions if required.  Yes we would all like an out and out speedster on the wing or a stellar signing, but they normally come at a cost, either financially or by not being available for large chunks of the season.  Obviously if they are part of the elite 38 players then 80% of their wages are covered which in theory allows you to recruit another player with that saving.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

The last two centres we signed from the Dragons ( correct me if I’m wrong) were Gareth Maule and Matty J. They didn’t turn out too bad. Let’s hope Tyler will be the same quality in our environment. 

Rhodri Gomer Davies I think?

Johnny Williams sounds good, has represented England Under 20 but on the 'radar' of Wales coach Wayne Pivac in 2019?
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Rhodri Gomer Davies I think?

Johnny Williams sounds good, has represented England Under 20 but on the 'radar' of Wales coach Wayne Pivac in 2019?

His full name is John RHYS BLEDDYN Williams...I like that!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 11:02am
Jrb williams sounds a bit familiar 😂👍
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 12:38pm
Another bleddyn Williams !!!  Let’s have him now.  We’d be in seventh heaven if he’s anything like THE bleddyn williams 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Another bleddyn Williams !!!  Let’s have him now.  We’d be in seventh heaven if he’s anything like THE bleddyn williams 

Too right.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Too right.

Bleddyn Williams and Jack Matthews
Scarlets before Wales
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2020 at 3:05pm
Is Parkes definitely leaving for Japan before the start of next season (whenever that may be)? The way it was expressed in a Radio Cymru bulletin this morning appeared to suggest that it was not yet a done deal. I've also not heard anything on whether Fonotia will be with us next season. It may be that Baldwin will be the only departure and we could have 6 or 7 centres next season depending on the number of arrivals!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic