Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster players cleared of rape

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 8:42am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

And those 35 false allegations should end with the accuser going down then?

or at least named.

[beep] that if if be wrongly accused and innocent then I'd do my best to get her going down. It's equally as bad IMO.
My god. What a stupid thing to say. Like I said earlier, if you accuse someone of theft or assault, and they turn out to be innocent, are you a criminal? No.

How do yo manage to get wrongly accused of assault? Not stupid at all. If you're happy with being accused of something you haven't done and probably had threats of all kinds, job lost, family threatened because of nothing then you're just twp. People have developed mental health issues and sometimes taken their life over the stress of wing wrongly accused but it's all fine according to you just go about accusing whoever it's you're right.
There’s a clear difference between there being a false accusation and there being enough evidence to convict someone “beyond reasonable doubt” of rape.
If you can’t understand that then I’m wasting my time.
Exactly and that's the key point.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

And those 35 false allegations should end with the accuser going down then?

or at least named.

[beep] that if if be wrongly accused and innocent then I'd do my best to get her going down. It's equally as bad IMO.
My god. What a stupid thing to say. Like I said earlier, if you accuse someone of theft or assault, and they turn out to be innocent, are you a criminal? No.

How do yo manage to get wrongly accused of assault? Not stupid at all. If you're happy with being accused of something you haven't done and probably had threats of all kinds, job lost, family threatened because of nothing then you're just twp. People have developed mental health issues and sometimes taken their life over the stress of wing wrongly accused but it's all fine according to you just go about accusing whoever it's you're right.
There’s a clear difference between there being a false accusation and there being enough evidence to convict someone “beyond reasonable doubt” of rape.
If you can’t understand that then I’m wasting my time.
Exactly and that's the key point.

also a big difference between declared guilty and having your reputation tarnished for ever.

Anonymity should work both ways until guilt is decided ,

There is a huge difference between being raped and having consensual sex and then regretting it later on.

BTW I am not saying this is what happened in this case , just saying it has occurred in the past 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 12:20pm
The WhatsApp messages sent by both the victim and the accused the day after make horrific reading.
https://twitter.com/james67_/status/979052013924339713?s=21

Edited by SospanMawr - 29 March 2018 at 12:25pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 12:23pm

The WhatsApp messages sent by both the victim and the accused the day after make horrific reading.

Is that info in the public domain ?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Is that info in the public domain ?
Just added it to my tweet. Couldn’t get the link to work for a while.
Appreciate it’s on Twitter (not always the best place to get accurate info) but it’s the best collation of both sides I’ve seen.
I’ve seen the same words on newspaper sites but without so much in one place.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 12:42pm
awful behaviour
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 2:23pm
Social media now full of people saying they did rape her, thisbis why no one should be named until found guilty
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 3:56pm
Anyone read the full article on the trial. I’m astounded how they were found not guilty.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Anyone read the full article on the trial. I’m astounded how they were found not guilty.

Ive read it
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 4:34pm
Two of the texts they sent were, “Mate no jokes she was in hysterics” and “Wasn’t going to end well.”
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 4:39pm
The worst one was, for me, “I’m not going to the police. I’m not going up against Ulster rugby”
“I’d report it if I knew they’d get done, but they won’t.”

The victim was in fear of reporting it, because she didn’t think anything would happen. She did report it, and nothing happened; and someone people want her to be named and are accusing her of false accusations? Madness.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 4:55pm
She was named on social media.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 4:58pm

She was named on social media.

Which, going by the Ched Evans case, may land the namers in court.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 5:08pm

Two of the texts they sent were, “Mate no jokes she was in hysterics” and “Wasn’t going to end well.”

She also sent a text saying she was raped by 3 ulster rugby scum to a friend, also a female walked in
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 8:27pm
No matter how tanked up you are, you should know right from wrong.

Now I've done some daft stuff in my time but I'd like to think that I always had a modicum of sense and decency and I'm pretty sure that if some of the alleged things happened I'd know that a line had been crossed and a "stop" or a "no" would be enough.

The legal system is an odd beast.
From experience, it's not always about who's truly guilty or innocent, but it's quite often about your legal team and how far you're prepared to go to avoid being behing bars.

Strange mentality on some professional sportsmen; very immature, petulant and supercilious people.

If that would have been my daughter mind, then that genuinely would have been the end of their rugby days.

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by The Brain The Brain wrote:

No matter how tanked up you are, you should know right from wrong.

Now I've done some daft stuff in my time but I'd like to think that I always had a modicum of sense and decency and I'm pretty sure that if some of the alleged things happened I'd know that a line had been crossed and a "stop" or a "no" would be enough.

The legal system is an odd beast.
From experience, it's not always about who's truly guilty or innocent, but it's quite often about your legal team and how far you're prepared to go to avoid being behing bars.

Strange mentality on some professional sportsmen; very immature, petulant and supercilious people.

If that would have been my daughter mind, then that genuinely would have been the end of their rugby days.
Good post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic