Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster release duo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

The CPS have brought over 900 rape cases in the last 18 months which they have had to reconsider in the light of the recent case of a University student who eventually got his hands on the evidence which the Police withheld during the 2 year build up to the case. If the CPS wrongfully bring a case - and the defendant/s are found not guilty then the taxpayer should foot the bill. As SGS has correctly questioned - why should Olding's family go bankrupt?

Fair enough. I disagree that it should be a one size fits all approach.
Sponsored Links

sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:57pm
I think the other thing that people have to remember and take into consideration is this.

These comments on Whatsapp were made almost 2 years ago?

At what point does punitive retribution end and restoration and rehabilitation start?

We all make mistakes, we've all done things that arguably have made us cringe when we look back at it....none of us are angels.

but enough is enough.

They've been found Not Guilty, are innocent of the charges they were tried on but have now found themselves hundreds of thousands of pounds poorer.

So much for innocent until proven guilty.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:07pm
they were found not guilty but any club taking them on is going to get a torrid time from the media , fans and sponsors

Most clubs will think it simply isn't worth the hassle

Their behaviour was clearly terrible and those was ap messages make them look like horrible people

But a jury who had access to the full evidence found them not guilty and being a horrible person isn't against the law.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by sgsmorgan sgsmorgan wrote:

I think the other thing that people have to remember and take into consideration is this.

At what point does punitive retribution end and restoration and rehabilitation start?

We all make mistakes, we've all done things that arguably have made us cringe when we look back at it....none of us are angels.

but enough is enough.

They've been found Not Guilty, are innocent of the charges they were tried on but have now found themselves hundreds of thousands of pounds poorer.

Just in case anyone hasn't actually read the comments, here they are... I'll let people make up their own minds:

The comments are available online if anybody wishes to read them. It's probably best if they are not reproduced on this forum.

Edited by KID A - 03 May 2018 at 2:20pm
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

but enough is enough.

Just in case anyone hasn't actually read the comments, here they are... I'll let people make up their own minds:

‘She was in hysterics. Wasn’t going to end well’ I think that about sums up their attitude. Not exactly the words to describe a woman willing to have sex.

Edited by KID A - 03 May 2018 at 2:20pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:24pm

but enough is enough.

Restoration and rehabilitation imply a desire to change their whole attitude. Have they changed? If so they deserve every chance again. Being hauled into court and having to spend alot to get out of the situation is one of the risks of life that we all bear.

They are not in a run-of-the-mill profession and theirs is heavily dependent on a feel-good factor and a marketing -to-kids operation to generate income. For that you need wholesome rolemodels as players and that is what these two cannot at the moment put themselves forward as. It is far more than a innocent until proven guilty situation unfortunately.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:30pm
these two are scumbags but in the eyes of the law are innocent but are now basically unemployable

lets look at actual convicted sex offenders who for some bizzare  reason are viewed by some as heroes

mike Tyson is a convicted rapist the deceased rapper  tupac is another.

While not a sex offender money mayweather is the highest earning athlete in the world and he has been in jail for beating up women  and ex all black sivi siviatau beat up his wife and continued to get capped by the all blacks

I'd happily see a life time ban for all sex offenders and people  who beat up women
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:56pm
sheessh...back to white chargers and misinformation time..

cue the thundering of hooves......Ouch
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:59pm
Perhaps a year away from the game, putting some real devotion in to learning about gender equality and respect, about the responsibilities that come with being in the media spotlight, maybe helping others in the same demographic...maybe then, and if they could demonstrate remorse and rehabilitation, they could re-enter the game in some way.

I'd be astonished that anyone connected to the players, could think they would find employment in the game in the next few months.

I'm not judging them, just suggesting a possible outcome to an awful episode, where there are no winners of any kind.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

but enough is enough.

The comments are available online if anybody wishes to read them. It's probably best if they are not reproduced on this forum.

I'm disappointed by this censorship - perhaps you could provide a link to the comments, for those who wish to look them up? Those who don't can avoid clicking the link..
(Ivan Turgenev)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Perhaps a year away from the game, putting some real devotion in to learning about gender equality and respect, about the responsibilities that come with being in the media spotlight, maybe helping others in the same demographic...maybe then, and if they could demonstrate remorse and rehabilitation, they could re-enter the game in some way.

I'd be astonished that anyone connected to the players, could think they would find employment in the game in the next few months.

I'm not judging them, just suggesting a possible outcome to an awful episode, where there are no winners of any kind.

A sane and balance comment - there are certainly no 'winners' here.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 12:18pm
Former Ulster and Ireland fly-half Paddy Jackson is set to join London Irish from Perpignan next season.

Jackson, 27, is believed to have agreed a deal to play with the English Championship leaders, who are on course for promotion to the Premiership.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic