Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uzair Cassiem confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 6:11am
We should try and sign one of the italian loose forwards. Most of them are doing what most of us are looking for.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 6:37am
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

This 'rumour' is also being reported on 'Wales Online', must be true!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 7:18am
If you check the cheetahs site he s 108 kg not 98 like wiki, and tbh looks about that size from the YouTube link
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 8:47am
How many foreign players are we allowed in our squad?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

We should try and sign one of the italian loose forwards. Most of them are doing what most of us are looking for.

Yes Matthew that lad Negri is a real handful. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 9:18am

Negre is one heck of a talent. I like the fullback too. 

Edited by Speedy - 18 March 2018 at 9:19am
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

This 'rumour' is also being reported on 'Wales Online', must be true!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thats because Scarlet Fever is their sauce mun.LOL
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Negre is one heck of a talent. I like the fullback too. 

Licata is the real talent and has a contract for Police sport team, as 25k euro for year...Negri and Polledri are good players...
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:04am
Negre has the sort of build and carrying ability I thought we were looking for in a new 8, but I think I was a bit hasty suggesting that Cassiem won't necessarily supply what I we want.
Although not huge he looks very tough and wiry and his highlights show him carrying and keeping possession in some difficult positions - not spectacular but maybe  a better complement to what we will have next season - leave the sensational runs to Blade etc - Cassiem will do the nitty gritty and give 100% throughout the game just as important.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Negre has the sort of build and carrying ability I thought we were looking for in a new 8, but I think I was a bit hasty suggesting that Cassiem won't necessarily supply what I we want.
Although not huge he looks very tough and wiry and his highlights show him carrying and keeping possession in some difficult positions - not spectacular but maybe  a better complement to what we will have next season - leave the sensational runs to Blade etc - Cassiem will do the nitty gritty and give 100% throughout the game just as important.

Yes Ffidel he has a lot of grunt for his build, always seems to make yards and retain possession. Another big plus is that he has a huge engine which he will need with the way we play. Getting quite excited for next season already. 
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:30am
He a powerful carrier, can be quite explosive. Should be a good fit for the scarlets. Good defensive player also. Toulon were also looking at him so I take that as a guide to the standard of player
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pembsamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pembsamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:35am
I hope I'm wrong because I think casseim would be a very good addition but I can't help but think that were getting mixed up with another region and he's signed for the ospreys or something. I can't see us signing casseim and wells, out of the two id rather casseim, don't think we've got enough nwq spots for both unless someone is leaving that we don't know about.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:48am
The background to this rumour is that a Cheetahs fan on Twitter said that Cassiem was moving to a Welsh PRO14 team. Obviously this alerted Welsh Rugby twitter and this developed into them naming the Scarlets specifically as a landing spot.
It’s also been noted he follows the Scarlets on Twitter (only welsh region he follows, though he does follow Bernard Jackman) and followed the Scarlets on Instagram recently (again, only team he follows, not just in Wales but the PRO14).
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 12:42pm
Reported in the rugby paper
If it bleeds we can can kill it
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 12:52pm
It's also in South African press as well. Could be interesting news this week
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 4:27pm
He will drop down the S.A pecking order at 8 due to Vermuellen being available for them and the brilliant W Whitley
If it bleeds we can can kill it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic