Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos - Was the referee / TMO / Citing right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

What do they think was wrong with it?

Oh they've thrown a right poody over Glasgow's pressurising of their star scrum half

http://www.the42.ie/conor-murray-munster-glasgow-3193305-Jan2017/
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

What do they think was wrong with it?

Oh they've thrown a right poody over Glasgow's pressurising of their star scrum half

http://www.the42.ie/conor-murray-munster-glasgow-3193305-Jan2017/

Law 101:b.z

No Scrum Half should be tackled whilst on or off the field of play !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:00pm
Well done Munster, only gone and notified every open-side in Rugby that Connor Murray doesn't like his Standing Leg being "tickled" !
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Well done Munster, only gone and notified every open-side in Rugby that Connor Murray doesn't like his Standing Leg being "tickled" !

I think their efforts were more concentrated on preventing people talking out Munster disregarding the HIA protocol for the head knock Murray got.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:13pm
In fairness to Munster I saw the game & some of the challenges on Murray were extremely borderline. He was clearly being targeted & I think we would have a lot to say if he was one of our scrum halves. Bad boy Gregor!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:21pm
Rassie Erasmus shouting out about "dirty play" ???  UnhappyConfused

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

In fairness to Munster I saw the game & some of the challenges on Murray were extremely borderline. He was clearly being targeted & I think we would have a lot to say if he was one of our scrum halves. Bad boy Gregor!!!!

I really don't understand your opinion. Is a coach not allowed to ask his back row to pressure the half backs?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:43pm

[QUOTE=GPR - Rochester] In fairness to Munster I saw the game & some of the challenges on Murray were extremely borderline. He was clearly being targeted & I think we would have a lot to say if he was one of our scrum halves. Bad boy Gregor!!!!

I really don't understand your opinion. Is a coach not allowed to ask his back row to pressure the half backs?[/QUOTE

Did you see the game KID A. Murray was taken out late at almost every opportunity. I agree that the officials should have picked up on it but when it is done cleverly it sometimes gets difficult. I don't believe Murray is expecting special treatment only for the officials to spot & penalise late challenges. Of course pressurising half backs is fine but there is a line. 

Look at how the French teams and National team have targeted Sexton in recent years. I think Murrays point is that even if penalised the risk of serious injury should be taken into account with borderline late challenges targeting the kickers standing foot. 

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 3:50pm

Did you see the game KID A. Murray was taken out late at almost every opportunity. I agree that the officials should have picked up on it but when it is done cleverly it sometimes gets difficult. I don't believe Murray is expecting special treatment only for the officials to spot & penalise late challenges. Of course pressurising half backs is fine but there is a line. 

Look at how the French teams and National team have targeted Sexton in recent years. I think Murrays point is that even if penalised the risk of serious injury should be taken into account with borderline late challenges targeting the kickers standing foot. 

Yes I did see the game. That's why I put the clip on this very thread asking what is wrong with it. If a player is not allowed to tackle another player who has the ball, then I do not understand what future rugby union has.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 4:15pm

Yes I did see the game. That's why I put the clip on this very thread asking what is wrong with it. If a player is not allowed to tackle another player who has the ball, then I do not understand what future rugby union has.

Did you not see any late challenges? Suggest you watch it again.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 4:20pm

Did you not see any late challenges? Suggest you watch it again.

Nope. And neither did any of the officials / citing commisioner.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 4:49pm
Did you at least hear the commentary of the two ex-players who agreed that the treatment of Murray was very borderline. I would not have been happy if it was against a Scarlets no 9. However I do agree that my first port of call if I had been Murray would have been to my back row at scrum time & my defensive pillars at lineout & ruck. They should have taken things into their own hands. 

With regard to citing I don't think any individual offence was citable so I am not surprised. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 4:55pm

Did you at least hear the commentary of the two ex-players who agreed that the treatment of Murray was very borderline. I would not have been happy if it was against a Scarlets no 9. However I do agree that my first port of call if I had been Murray would have been to my back row at scrum time & my defensive pillars at lineout & ruck. They should have taken things into their own hands. 

With regard to citing I don't think any individual offence was citable so I am not surprised. 

GPR, out of interest, who were the two ex players ?
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 5:50pm

Why isn't deliberately injuring a player through foul play citable?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 8:17am

Why isn't deliberately injuring a player through foul play citable?

It is, but who was injured ?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

GPR, out of interest, who were the two ex players ?

Hi Scarletman - Alan Quinlan was one & the other was the recently retired ex-Glasgow 2nd row captain whose name escapes me. Murray's main point seems to be that the Glasgow back row seemed to continually target his standing foot when box kicking sometimes split seconds after the ball had gone. They certainly did & was very cleverly done. Difficult for the officials because they would be following the ball. To me it was planned & a little cynical but it was done just the right side of the law. However Murray's point is that do we have to wait for someone to have a serious injury before we take action. As I say above I would have been annoyed with my own team mates more as they should have protected him more. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic