Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos - Was the referee / TMO / Citing right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

With regard to citing I don't think any individual offence was citable so I am not surprised. 

Why isn't deliberately injuring a player through foul play citable?

It is, but who was injured ?

"Trying to" then, as Murray claimed.

I really don't see anything wrong with the challenge. It is not late. He is committed to a tackle. It is not an illegal tackle. You are allowed to tackle players around the legs. Murray is just annoyed that coaches are going after him. He should take it as a compliment. If he gets rattled this easily then New Zealand are going to eat him alive.

I also think that he should be hauled infront of some panel for claiming that the Glasgow coaches told their players to deliberately injure him.
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 9:21am

With regard to citing I don't think any individual offence was citable so I am not surprised. 

I really don't see anything wrong with the challenge. It is not late. He is committed to a tackle. It is not an illegal tackle. You are allowed to tackle players around the legs. Murray is just annoyed that coaches are going after him. He should take it as a compliment. If he gets rattled this easily then New Zealand are going to eat him alive.

I also think that he should be hauled infront of some panel for claiming that the Glasgow coaches told their players to deliberately injure him.

But as I stated in previous posts, trying to = intent ... You can't penalise intent or you'd have to reward intent too!

The highlighted "tackle" was a penalty but ONLY for the reason that he was way in front of the back foot when the ball was played. Had he been behind the back foot ( some way back) I'm sure he would not have even made the tackle or at the very least there would have been a genuine late tackle complaint !

As an ex Open Side I was consistently tasked with rattling the SH. You got away with what you got away with, it's up to the Referee to set his standards according to the Law. If the SH moaned, you rattled him harder !

Edited by scarletman - 20 January 2017 at 9:22am
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 9:35am

But as I stated in previous posts, trying to = intent ... You can't penalise intent or you'd have to reward intent too!

The highlighted "tackle" was a penalty but ONLY for the reason that he was way in front of the back foot when the ball was played. Had he been behind the back foot ( some way back) I'm sure he would not have even made the tackle or at the very least there would have been a genuine late tackle complaint !

As an ex Open Side I was consistently tasked with rattling the SH. You got away with what you got away with, it's up to the Referee to set his standards according to the Law. If the SH moaned, you rattled him harder !

Cannot disagree with you or KID A on your comments. The impression I got watching the game was that it was a Glasgow tactic to target Murray's standing foot when box kicking which is what he is getting stroppy about; indeed he has gone too far in expressly accusing the Glasgow coaching staff of coming up with this tactic. Murray is far too experienced a player to get upset at being targeted by the opposition. Its the targeting of his standing foot which is getting to him as he believes, rightly or wrongly , that it was an attempt to injure him. 
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 4:06pm

The highlighted "tackle" was a penalty but ONLY for the reason that he was way in front of the back foot when the ball was played.

cheers

Quote Had he been behind the back foot ( some way back) I'm sure he would not have even made the tackle or at the very least there would have been a genuine late tackle complaint !

Exactly.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 5:59pm
Is this tackle by Andrew Trimble of Ulster and Ireland against the laws of 10(j) below or any other law?

Quote )
Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground such that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 6:31pm
I thought so at the time and couldn't believe he escaped sterner sanction. Be interesting to see what the collective view on here is.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 8:27am
A yellow card I would have thought. And a prime example of how the game has changed. A wing of twenty years ago would not have driven hard (and upwards) into the ball carrier but would have been much more passive in the tackle.
It's the upward bit of Trimble's tackle that causes the issue. If he drove horizontally into the Frenchman,there wouldn't have been an danger.

Edited by John - 24 January 2017 at 8:29am
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 8:36am
Did the French player jump (if only slightly) before contact ? Camera angle not great for that query !

It looks to me that he tried to step off his right foot, that would have changed the whole dynamic of Trimble's weight distribution.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2017 at 8:21pm
Just watching Ulster vs Blues and ref rightly awards a penalty try for pulling down a maul that would've gone over the try line. As Paddy Jackson prepares to kick the ref then decides to stop play and go to the TMO and we then have a pause while he tries to identify if Tau Filise pulled down the maul. Turns out he had nothing to do with it going down.

My point is ... what a flaming waste of time! Get on with the game mun! Now either yellow one of the pack as a team card or don't. As long as it's consistent. Can we just stop wasting time with endless replays. It's killing the game as a spectacle. Blydi awful.
I've seen the truth ... and I don't understand it!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Just watching Ulster vs Blues and ref rightly awards a penalty try for pulling down a maul that would've gone over the try line. As Paddy Jackson prepares to kick the ref then decides to stop play and go to the TMO and we then have a pause while he tries to identify if Tau Filise pulled down the maul. Turns out he had nothing to do with it going down.

My point is ... what a flaming waste of time! Get on with the game mun! Now either yellow one of the pack as a team card or don't. As long as it's consistent. Can we just stop wasting time with endless replays. It's killing the game as a spectacle. Blydi awful.

I was thinking last night, is there another sport on the planet where you can get something so badly wrong and sill be awarded all the points?

That Ulster maul was like a striker blazing a sitter over the posts yet being awarded a goal. They completely mucked it up, and I can't see any infringement from a Cardiff defender at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic