Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos - Was the referee / TMO / Citing right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

At the last moment before contact the Fijian does jump in to the tackle. That may save Ken. Players are coached to hit up. Arms used, not malicious. Unlucky in my view. 
if that tackle was the other way round we'd still be screaming in a fortnight,given some of the reds I think ken was very lucky to get  a yellow not red,look at any thread on here and some of our players are seen as whiter than white(ken not a dirty player mind)
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 1:42pm
The Fijian clearly lost control by trying to offload in the tackle.  Ken simply stood his ground and the Fijian toppled over him.  Simple laws of physics. Purely accidental.  What was Ken supposed to do, step aside and wave him through?
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

The Fijian clearly lost control by trying to offload in the tackle.  Ken simply stood his ground and the Fijian toppled over him.  Simple laws of physics. Purely accidental.  What was Ken supposed to do, step aside and wave him through?
I rest my case.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 1:48pm
QUOTE=ladram]
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

Wink
Keep the faith
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 4:14pm
The decision was correct - Ken went in to make a 'normal' tackle and wrapped his arms - the Fijian's momentum carried him up and over... purely accidental.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
royboi72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royboi72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 7:48pm
My initial reaction was a stonewall red. After watching it again countless times, I haven't changed my view. He went into the tackle low, lifted the Fijian over his head and let go. Red card all day long and I wouldn't be surprised if Ken was cited.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 7:56pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cited.

I also think the Fijian charge on Moriarty needs a further look. I'd be interested if there was another angles. The angle shown wasn't conclusive, but I've a feeling the hit was on the neck. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by royboi72 royboi72 wrote:

My initial reaction was a stonewall red. After watching it again countless times, I haven't changed my view. He went into the tackle low, lifted the Fijian over his head and let go. Red card all day long and I wouldn't be surprised if Ken was cited.
There’s two reasons I disagree with this. Firstly the Fijian was leaning so far forward that he flipped over wothout any added momentum from Ken. But most importantly he landed on his lower back and not the upper back/ neck area therefore reducing it from a red card offence to a yellow card one.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:53pm
Knowing ken's reputation as a clean, hard player, this was reckless not deliberate. if any other player had done it, it would have been a straight red all day long. I hope hes not cited but wouldnt be supprised if he was.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

[QUOTE=royboi72]My initial reaction was a stonewall red. After watching it again countless times, I haven't changed my view. He went into the tackle low, lifted the Fijian over his head and let go. Red card all day long and I wouldn't be surprised if Ken was cited.
There’s two reasons I disagree with this. Firstly the Fijian was leaning so far forward that he flipped over wothout any added momentum from Ken. But most importantly he landed on his lower back and not the upper back/ neck area therefore reducing it from a red card offence to a yellow card one.
[/QUOTE

The other factor that affected the outcome was the fact that it was an 'active' tackle. Ken's weight moved forward to hit the Fijian No 8. Had it been a 'passive' tackle where Ken allowed the Fijian to knock him back then the Fijian would have landed partially on top of Ken leading to a totally different outcome.

royboi72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royboi72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by royboi72 royboi72 wrote:

Firstly, take a look at Ken's body position before and after the tackle. He started low and ended up in a standing position. It had nothing to do with the Fijian leaning forward. Secondly, it doesn't matter that he landed on his back, it's the legs past the horizontal and being let go make this a red card all day long.

As has been mentioned earlier, if this had happened to one of our players we'd be up in arms about it. Time to take those one eyed specs off!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 9:27pm
It wasn’t a red due to the plAyer landing on his back not head/ nec k that’s the law isn’t it?Can he still get cited though?

Edited by RR1972 - 09 October 2019 at 9:27pm
royboi72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royboi72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

It wasn’t a red due to the plAyer landing on his back not head/ nec k that’s the law isn’t it?Can he still get cited though?

Rule is legs being lifted past the horizontal, then let go, not which part of the body hits the floor. Yes, he can be cited if it's deemed the punishment given wasn't sufficient for the offence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic