Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

W Mail strikes again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W Mail strikes again!
    Posted: 06 September 2004 at 10:28am

Interesting article in today's WM, are their reporters blind or just stupid?

SCOTT QUINNELL applauded his team, shook a few hands and walked off a baking hot Bridge Field in Bedwas with the first success of the rest of his rugby life firmly in the bag.

The Stradey Park legend packed in playing at the end of last season to become a coach with Llanelli's semi-pro side in the Welsh Premier Division.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0500rugbyunion/0200news/tm_ob jectid=14608986%26method=full%26siteid=50082%26headline=happ y%2dquinnell%2dstarts%2dhis%2dnew%2dcareer%2dwith%2dsuccess- name_page.html

Sponsored Links

wrecsamscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecsamscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 12:47pm
What planet do these journos live on!!
The boy is back in town!
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 12:48pm
I know, still not as dire as The E***ing Post!
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 12:48pm
WM - unfit for chips.
wrecsamscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecsamscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 12:51pm
I will never buy this paper again - not that I buy it regularly mind
The boy is back in town!
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 4:36pm
Don't get me started on the pond life that are journalists.........
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 9:45pm
they obviously didn't have any so called journalists at the wasps game then!!
pwllendprincess View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwllendprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 10:01pm

havent been on the western mail yet Mr Lloys Evans

PwllEnd Princess (P.E.P) xxxx
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 12:25am

my dog wont even excrete on the western mail sport section.

i thought scott handled the press very well at bedwas.

Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

A.R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 7:05am

I've just returned from a few weeks away, and bought the WM to catch up (loosely) on the latest rugby news. I read this and thought I'd missed something. I was about to post a question asking if Scotty had quit while I was away.

The WM up to it's usual standard then? Sniffing too much tippex - that's the problem!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 10:53am
Originally posted by pwllendprincess pwllendprincess wrote:

havent been on the western mail yet Mr Lloys Evans

Oh we've been in there! the press unfortunately are a nesessary evil, they were used to publicise the stand alone campaign/Scarlets regional set up, but they then believe it gives them carte blanche to whack any old story in whether it was sanctioned or not. The last article to go into the local press which featured us was a piece cobbled together from a few chats that happened months before, got us a bit of a sl*gging that did,didn't sanction it and was totally unaware it was in until I had an irate phone call. Press freedom needs tightening up big style,but my distrsust/dislike comes from a few years ago on a non rugby matter concerning the Port talbot furnace explosion, trust me, every paper, be it national or local(ish) is the same, they'll stop at nothing for a bit of dirt. Don't buy papers myself, I'll read the Scarlets reports in the local shop, or on this site these days!

Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 11:05am

Mr L E

Did you get/see/read the Wales on SUnday paper?

Article in there regarding how fans opinions have changed since regionalism - nice picture - my mrs shrown it out but pic was of the bin section of crowd

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 11:35am
Someone did show it to me. As I said, I don't make a good photo! But the thing is, it was there without knowledge or permission. Perhaps the people in the photo totally disagreed with the views in the article as well, they don't, but you see the point. What was in the article anyway? I blydi hope there weren't any quotes from us in it.
Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 11:57am
No quotes from the supporters club, but there was a very brief quote from SG saying that now regionalism is with us everyone needs to try and get the kids on board.
Typical WoS nothing article really, I'm sure the WM published a nearly identical article a few months ago! Quotes by some Proff from the Uni of Glam who's in charge of the study into supporters attitudes, then quotes from Andrew Donald, Marionas and our own SG. Two page article, huge photo in the middle and very little substance. Why the hell do I buy it?!

Edited by Taffscarlet
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 12:31pm
Filling a couple of pages weren't they, my mate just said there was a bit about the Scarlets being the team most people wanted to beat,tell us something we don't know!
A.R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 8:53pm

Originally posted by mr lloyd evans mr lloyd evans wrote:

Someone did show it to me. As I said, I don't make a good photo! But the thing is, it was there without knowledge or permission. Perhaps the people in the photo totally disagreed with the views in the article as well, they don't, but you see the point. What was in the article anyway? I blydi hope there weren't any quotes from us in it.

I get (and agree) with your point, but the press don't need your permission to publish your photo - unless:

1. You've copyrighted your image (even Mr Beckham doesn't get away with this one or else he'd have to give his permission for every Sunday rag that's sold with his photo in the sports section).

2. They are using your image for commercial gains.

A journo could snap you outside Boots in Llanelli and have you in the next day's Evening Post over the caption "Man shopping in Boots" talking about how Anusol cream is selling well at a well known high street chemist. There's nowt you can do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic