Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales 13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales 13
    Posted: 11 January 2020 at 10:44am
Came up in the Ospreys match thread about North and Adams being candidates for the Wales 13 jersey for the 6N but both are playing this position this weekend:

It would be good to hear feedback on how they got on. I don't know what sort of distribution game either player has or how good defensively they'd be there. It's a case of needs must though and if one of them can hold the fort and perhaps offer a running threat could be a useful experiment.
"We're thrown to the wolves in the minds of our enemies." - unknown philosopher.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Came up in the Ospreys match thread about North and Adams being candidates for the Wales 13 jersey for the 6N but both are playing this position this weekend:

It would be good to hear feedback on how they got on. I don't know what sort of distribution game either player has or how good defensively they'd be there. It's a case of needs must though and if one of them can hold the fort and perhaps offer a running threat could be a useful experiment.

Useful experiment which is needed because Scott has a hamstring injury. Shouldn't prove too onerous against Italy but Pivac will be hoping that Scott gets fit for the Ireland game. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 1:01pm
Scott just has a tight hamstring, advised to sit out this weekend.

North at 13 is more out of necessity than anything else. It was either him or Cai Evans.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

North at 13 is more out of necessity than anything else. It was either him or Cai Evans.

That's a relief, as few if any of us are convinced by the alternatives, TBH!

I don't know if Cai has ever played 13 - he was a 10 for Wales U-20s, and now a 15 at the Os... he's seemed to be one of their better players this term, apart from that unfortunate failure to claim the ball the other week... accidents happen.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 4:14pm

May be necessity for Wales as well. Adams is an interesting one as he's been the best winger in the world last 12 months in my eyes so would you change that? Can he be a top level centre? Tough call.
"We're thrown to the wolves in the minds of our enemies." - unknown philosopher.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2020 at 9:26am

Wil thats the best rugby news I've had this weekend - you'll appreciate that it hasn't been a great oneCry
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2020 at 10:47pm
how is Scott playing this season...also what's become of Tyler Morgan and and Cory allen
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic