Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales' 2018 6 Nations Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 2:56pm
is this code for gats not picking patchell and cubby ? 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42832011
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 3:56pm
As I said, some great publicity for us.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 5:52pm
Can anyone actually tell me why it is a huge step up? Surely player for player a team like Toulon/Sarries etc are better than a top 10 international team. They play with each other week in week out. have a lot longer to train together. I don't really see why it's much different.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 7:41pm
Gats says it is so he has an excuse not to pick form players, but instead pick those who play to orders.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 10:35pm
It will be interesting how it pans out but I think that Webb being out injured (& Gareth therefore def starting) means Patch is much more likely to start at 10 as opposed to Anscombe (that familiarity will be crucial) and Leigh now therefore has more chance to start at 15. Being so used to playing with the backs who will play also increases the chances of Cubby on bench above Ellis Jenkins IMO

As long as they don't become injured or exhausted the more we have playing the better. Big IF mind

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

It will be interesting how it pans out but I think that Webb being out injured (& Gareth therefore def starting) means Patch is much more likely to start at 10 as opposed to Anscombe (that familiarity will be crucial) and Leigh now therefore has more chance to start at 15. Being so used to playing with the backs who will play also increases the chances of Cubby on bench above Ellis Jenkins IMO

As long as they don't become injured or exhausted the more we have playing the better. Big IF mind

I agree with much of this - don't know about Cubby, but surely Gats must now pick Patch at 10 to play outside Cawdor and Aled... I expect to see Hadleigh and Scott starting as well. Further out, Steff Evs has a chance, as does 1/2p at 15.

It'll be interesting - though given the way Scotland and Glasgow have played recently, I'd hope for an edge in the forwards more than in the backs - they have significant front row injuries, and their backs are flying ATM.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I agree with much of this - don't know about Cubby, but surely Gats must now pick Patch at 10 to play outside Cawdor and Aled... I expect to see Hadleigh and Scott starting as well. Further out, Steff Evs has a chance, as does 1/2p at 15.

It'll be interesting - though given the way Scotland and Glasgow have played recently, I'd hope for an edge in the forwards more than in the backs - they have significant front row injuries, and their backs are flying ATM.

That is where Gatland will attack the Scots - the front 5. They are vulnerable and he will look to squeeze the life out of them with Leigh kicking his goals. I just hope that Gatland sees Rhys as the pivot player because he can run the show at this level. We are never going to develop an all court attacking game with Biggar at 10 but Gatland/Howley just don't see it that way. They profess to play open, offloading attacking rugby yet stick with a man who has never ever got the Ospreys playing that way. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

That is where Gatland will attack the Scots - the front 5. They are vulnerable and he will look to squeeze the life out of them with Leigh kicking his goals. I just hope that Gatland sees Rhys as the pivot player because he can run the show at this level. We are never going to develop an all court attacking game with Biggar at 10 but Gatland/Howley just don't see it that way. They profess to play open, offloading attacking rugby yet stick with a man who has never ever got the Ospreys playing that way. 

Agreed
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 3:47pm
north pulled out today injured againConfused
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

north pulled out today injured againConfused

I do hope rugby hasn't destroyed that man.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 4:16pm
Hes played 24 minutes since octoberUnhappy
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 4:27pm
He’s been rushed back too many times in a short period. He needs an extended break to fully recover. But that’s not going to happen with the saints.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 5:56pm
Hopefully George is just taking no risks at all with Six Nations round the corner. I can't imagine he was that keen on risking himself in the Anglo-Welsh wotsit.

And if Liam is out then Gats won't have wanted any risk either, even if it means no chance to get match fit playing

Edited by Rich (Bris) - 27 January 2018 at 5:57pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:40pm
If Liam misses the tournament he will struggle to get to 60 caps before his contract is up for renewal. (2019)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

If Liam misses the tournament he will struggle to get to 60 caps before his contract is up for renewal. (2019)
Well spotted.

Silver linings and all that.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

Well spotted.

Silver linings and all that.

Some news outlets reported a 2 year contract and some a 3 year. One can imagine he has signed a 2 year with optional 3rd. If he doesn't get 2 60 by the end of the second year he might just go for the third to keep his options open. who knows how his stint in london will go but history proves that moving to these "big" clubs doesn't always work out for people in a rugby sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic