Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales 6 Nations Squad Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 12:52pm
harry mcbryde,robin took a training session with Ammanford last Thursday.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

owen williams seems to have been on the edges for years is he worth a shot

good god yes,he played a few games for Ammanford LOL

Still the hallmark of top quality.

Speaking as a former Ammanford FB I couldn't agree with you more. WinkLOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

His lack of games will probably count against him. I am really looking forward to seeing the team selection. Is he going to be bold and blood some new faces? Pivac talks of developing our attacking play so that calls for players who are decent passers of the ball. That would rule out Hadleigh in my opinion who is an intercept waiting to happen. Will he go with Tompkin & North or Owen/North or Owen/Tompkin. My guess he will go for Hadleigh/North. 

that would be a depressing selection, Williams / evans at 12  and Tompkins at 13  for me with lrz and adams on the wing
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

His lack of games will probably count against him. I am really looking forward to seeing the team selection. Is he going to be bold and blood some new faces? Pivac talks of developing our attacking play so that calls for players who are decent passers of the ball. That would rule out Hadleigh in my opinion who is an intercept waiting to happen. Will he go with Tompkin & North or Owen/North or Owen/Tompkin. My guess he will go for Hadleigh/North. 

that would be a depressing selection, Williams / evans at 12  and Tompkins at 13  for me with lrz and adams on the wing

I totally agree with you RR but I have this horrible feeling that Wayne may feel the pressure of expectation and go "safe". I hope I am wrong. I like this boy Jarrod as an attacking threat, take away the kicking duties and he could well thrive. He is also a decent defender despite being small. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 2:31pm

I totally agree with you RR but I have this horrible feeling that Wayne may feel the pressure of expectation and go "safe". I hope I am wrong. I like this boy Jarrod as an attacking threat, take away the kicking duties and he could well thrive. He is also a decent defender despite being small. 
Parkes will be 12 all day now with pivac there would like to see Tomkins at 13 but reckon this will be the best chance of seeing north at 13 which I don’t agree with mind you. A top 13 will go past north with relative ease imo.
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by miaow miaow wrote:

People aren't watching nearly enough of North. Understandable, but you're just not watching how Wales use him. They use him as a hard runner in and around the rucks, both from first phase and in the phaseplays. Genuinely, just go back and watch any game from the last 12 months and focus on North. See what his actual role was under Gatland. It's very hard to take the criticisms of North seriously when they're all saying the same vague thing about him 'not getting involved', particularly when it's not true.

Have a look at North's contribution against France in last years 6 nations. That sums up his lack of involvement for me. I have already stated that I don't think his lack of involvement is all down to him. He may well flourish with  anew coaching team who knows. However you cannot keep picking players on performances from 2 years ago.

Oh, that game where we knocked the ball on every time we had it in the first half because it was torrential rain? That game where North scored 2 tries to win the game, including chasing a nothing kick i.e. 'getting involved' with the basics?

No idea why North gets hammered but have to wonder if it's because of who he chose to re-sign for when he came  back to Wales. He's playing very well and his role with Wales under Gatland was vastly different to Adams'.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 7:26am

People aren't watching nearly enough of North. Understandable, but you're just not watching how Wales use him. They use him as a hard runner in and around the rucks, both from first phase and in the phaseplays. Genuinely, just go back and watch any game from the last 12 months and focus on North. See what his actual role was under Gatland. It's very hard to take the criticisms of North seriously when they're all saying the same vague thing about him 'not getting involved', particularly when it's not true.

Have a look at North's contribution against France in last years 6 nations. That sums up his lack of involvement for me. I have already stated that I don't think his lack of involvement is all down to him. He may well flourish with  anew coaching team who knows. However you cannot keep picking players on performances from 2 years ago.

Oh, that game where we knocked the ball on every time we had it in the first half because it was torrential rain? That game where North scored 2 tries to win the game, including chasing a nothing kick i.e. 'getting involved' with the basics?

No idea why North gets hammered but have to wonder if it's because of who he chose to re-sign for when he came  back to Wales. He's playing very well and his role with Wales under Gatland was vastly different to Adams'.

Think my old mate Ladram is on to something with you - thats the 3rd Ospreys player your bigging up - Morgan, North & Webb. A pattern is emerging indeed. I suppose in that French game North's two tries would equate to a good performance in your eyes. Lets forget that they were both handed to him on a plate & also lets overlook his amateurish attempt to not tackle Huget for the French try. In my eyes another 5/6 out of 10 performance from George when Adams is giving us a constant 7/8 from 10.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 8:03am
Ive noticed north picks and goes around the rucks but without a head of steam this is all pedestrian... he doesnt utilise his main assets of pace power by popping up enough in the backline. Whilst were on the subject of the ospreys glory boys, what wales really miss is a henson type centre with the fall gamut of football skills
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 8:05am

Think my old mate Ladram is on to something with you - thats the 3rd Ospreys player your bigging up - Morgan, North & Webb. A pattern is emerging indeed. I suppose in that French game North's two tries would equate to a good performance in your eyes. Lets forget that they were both handed to him on a plate & also lets overlook his amateurish attempt to not tackle Huget for the French try. In my eyes another 5/6 out of 10 performance from George when Adams is giving us a constant 7/8 from 10.

The under cover ospreylian outed on fever by the 3 compliment osprey rule lol love itLOL

Edited by roy munster - 28 January 2020 at 8:06am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 8:54am

The under cover ospreylian outed on fever by the 3 compliment osprey rule lol love itLOL

I can't take all the credit there Roy - Ladram was onto it before me. As for who is available I think apart from Lane & Carre, who is banned, the only other absentees are Watkin & Liam who are both meant to be ready for the Ireland game.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 8:57am

Ive noticed north picks and goes around the rucks but without a head of steam this is all pedestrian... he doesnt utilise his main assets of pace power by popping up enough in the backline. Whilst were on the subject of the ospreys glory boys, what wales really miss is a henson type centre with the fall gamut of football skills

Never really replaced him Roy - the more you think of that guy's talent the more you realise how little he really achieved with it. His time on the ball & awareness of space set him apart. Should have been 100 caps for Wales & multiple Lion tourist. Also a tough bugger for a pretty boy. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:31am

Never really replaced him Roy - the more you think of that guy's talent the more you realise how little he really achieved with it. His time on the ball & awareness of space set him apart. Should have been 100 caps for Wales & multiple Lion tourist. Also a tough bugger for a pretty boy. 

True no one really ticked all those boxes like gorgeous gav....A massive talent who on his day was a world class inside centre. But alas like so many gifted people , was often riddled with self doubt and self destructive tendencies.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:34am

him and darren morris and wyatt should have been all time welsh greats. All 3 huge ability all 3 had flaws , henson was mentally fragile, morris lazy and wyatt loved the party lifestyle. If only they hAd the dedication of a awj or ken
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:48am

him and darren morris and wyatt should have been all time welsh greats. All 3 huge ability all 3 had flaws , henson was mentally fragile, morris lazy and wyatt loved the party lifestyle. If only they hAd the dedication of a awj or ken

Yes you name 3 good ones there. I have already talked about Gav but Darren Morris was the most incredibly gifted prop I have seen - his hands were as good as Gav's. Wyatt was a natural athlete who would have been a huge hit today and would have really benefitted from being a full time professional. He would have challenged his coaches mind. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 5:09pm
I suppose the 'Wyatt' is our beloved Chris 'one man riot"? Exceptionally talented, indeed.

Pity they didn't drink at the same well as our super-pro lee Halfpenny, who Mooar informs us is one of the two hardest working rugby pros he's ever seen. He has certainly maximised his ability by sheer determination and effort.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I suppose the 'Wyatt' is our beloved Chris 'one man riot"? Exceptionally talented, indeed.

Pity they didn't drink at the same well as our super-pro lee Halfpenny, who Mooar informs us is one of the two hardest working rugby pros he's ever seen. He has certainly maximised his ability by sheer determination and effort.
I think if you asked him if he regretted one minute the answer would be ?
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic