Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales changes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales changes.
    Posted: 06 March 2017 at 6:44pm
For Friday I would drop North play Giles . Sanjay at full back. Sam Davies at fly half. Chatteris in the second row. I would drop Tupuric to the bench..
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 6:48pm
I think you are only right on one out of five, Tipuric to the bench.
Keep the faith
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:34pm
There unfortunatly will be no changes in backs though there should be at least three there will I think be two in pack Chateris for Ball and Faletau for Moriaty. The result being us getting stuffed and the same team for France which we will win and everything will be ok again in the strange world of Howler.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:47pm
From all the press and ex players in the know, I feel only Charteris and Faletau has a chance, with Ball and Tipuric most likely to drop down to the bench.

May be a miracle on Friday (which I would not put past this set up) or a 10/15 pt defeat.

Oh dear another long Friday in front of a TV
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 7:55pm
15 Sanjay
14 Steff
13 Foxy
12 Scott
11 Halfpenny
10 Sam Davies
9 Rhys Webb

8 Moriarty
7 Young
6 Warburton
5 Charteris
4 Alun Wyn
3 Francis
2 Ken
1 Rob

16 Dacey 17 Nicky 18 Samson 19 Ball 20 Faletau 21 Aled 22 Biggar 23 North
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:37pm
I've lost interest with that Muppet running the circus. Even bored at reading what changes people would make as we all know the grey little man will stick to the same hymn sheet. The game is dying.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

I've lost interest with that Muppet running the circus. Even bored at reading what changes people would make as we all know the grey little man will stick to the same hymn sheet. The game is dying.
Reminds me of the attitude of IT purchasers in big employers. "You never get fired for buying IBM".

We all know that he will pick the tried and tested, despite evidence for at least some new ingredients.

If only we were getting Stern next summer.🙏
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 3:55am
Keelan Giles is a country mile away from international standard right now. It would be cruel to start him against
Ireland. Add him to the pack of over-hyped kids that the media thrust in to the limelight way before they have the basic rugby skill set in place.
Being an elusive broken field runner is only an attribute, not a foundation for international selection.

Sam and Steff put forward a real case for consideration, the issue is putting in such inexperience on the back of 2 defeats. I think the stakes are too high for this one.

Wales produced a good batch of solid international players in the 2009-2011 window, but it's been a trickle rather than a flow since then.

In essence, with perhaps a couple of exceptions, this is ostensibly the best squad we have right now.

Edited by Wil Chips - 07 March 2017 at 3:56am
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Keelan Giles is a country mile away from international standard right now. It would be cruel to start him against
Ireland. Add him to the pack of over-hyped kids that the media thrust in to the limelight way before they have the basic rugby skill set in place.
Being an elusive broken field runner is only an attribute, not a foundation for international selection.

Sam and Steff put forward a real case for consideration, the issue is putting in such inexperience on the back of 2 defeats. I think the stakes are too high for this one.

Wales produced a good batch of solid international players in the 2009-2011 window, but it's been a trickle rather than a flow since then.

In essence, with perhaps a couple of exceptions, this is ostensibly the best squad we have right now.

Whist I agree the players being picked are probably the best and you are spot on in respect of Giles I do think we must make changes ie Stef and Sam to refresh the back line with Liam at 15.
To keep playing players who are not in form ie HP George and Biggar is pointless it doesn't do them or the team any favours. It after all didn't work against Scotland in fact the only reasonable performance in the last 7 games was against England.   
The back row is going to get crushed unless we drop Tuperic who though a brilliant rugby player is a luxury we can ill afford at the moment. We must match their power with Moriaty Faletau and Warbs. I do think we produce players but are reaping the policy of keeping some players in the squad for too long and not blooding more youngsters when time is right.
The current selection policy and refusal to change is turning people off the national team like never before.
I hope we turn it round on Friday but even if we somehow manage to win I can't see it being for the long term good of Welsh rugby.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I totally agree with your summation of Giles. I have yet to see him play well against meaningful opposition. He would be 4th choice winger for the scarlets at the moment just ahead of Tom Williams. He would get slaughtered against Ireland. I would select Sam at 10, Liam at 15 with Halfpenny & North fighting with Steff for the wing spots. The odd one out on the bench instead of Jamie. We are very restricted in depth but the handling of our back up talent by Howley leaves a lot to be desired. In my selections Young & Steff would have seen some game time to date.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:18am
Howley is full of surprises isn't he !! No changes in the team whatsoever!!!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:20am
We'll no changes the mans deluded arrogant and out of touch he obviously doesn't watch the same games as the supporters or anyone who had half a clue about rugby
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:44am
Dear Robert Howley please just f*ck off and when you get there f*ck off some more!! Just when you think they couldn't f*ck it up any more along comes Stan to put the icing on the cake.

I've had a gutsful of our coaches and our crap/predictable style of play. What a waste of a a golden generation of plaers.

Edited by NeylandAllBlack - 08 March 2017 at 11:44am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:55am
I have no words
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 12:02pm
SURELY, if Jamie Roberts plays it must be as a starter not a super sub? Huge pressure on Biggar and North to perform on Friday. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 12:18pm
It's a bit of a loose loose situation for welsh rugby/fans on friday night. If we loose, obviously will be bad because we will have lost. If we win, it will almost vindicate robs selection policy and hide some serious issues at hand. Says they dont become a bad team over night, we have been pretty bad for years. Its such a waste of talent, the core group of these players were always going to peak at th 2019 rwc. It s just a shame seeing it all go to waste. What is roberts doing on the bench. Took gatland and co years to drop him from the starting 15 and he s now clinging on to the bench. Grow some balls for f"&! sake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic