Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Wales Squad for the Autumn games

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2882
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:53pm
Congrats to Josh, Johnny and Kieran.
Scarlets before Wales
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Online
Points: 13000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Ashton Hewitt deserved a shout,I feel.


Absolutely, to me I don't know what else he could have done.
He's the only glaring omission for me.
 
 
I thought Beard would be in ahead of Seb Davies tbh and I though Dee would be ahead of Parry.
 
Not saying they are huge shocks but Beard and Dee both appeared to be ahead in terms of previous squads
 
 
I feel for will griff john he may never get that cap now!
 
 
Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 4846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Ashton Hewitt deserved a shout,I feel.


Absolutely, to me I don't know what else he could have done.
He's the only glaring omission for me.
 
 
I thought Beard would be in ahead of Seb Davies tbh and I though Dee would be ahead of Parry.
 
Not saying they are huge shocks but Beard and Dee both appeared to be ahead in terms of previous squads
 
 
I feel for will griff john he may never get that cap now!
 
 

I was hoping he might come down to us when he finishes with Sale.
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Online
Points: 23984
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well done to the Scarlet 13 in particular Josh, Hardy & Johnny. With the omission of Eliot Dee Ryan can establish himself in the 23. WOL have managed to get Callum Sheedy selected ahead of Jarrod Evans which surprises me. Bit crazy selecting Liam & Patchell especially if they don't both start against Glasgow. Biggest surprise inclusion has to be Ioan Lloyd a young man going far in a hurry. 
 
logical thing is to cap sheedy and tie him to wales (cynical but true)
 
tight head is a strange one will griff john picked to start vs Scotland, game off and now he can't even get in the squad yet both brown and lewis were available for the Scotland game and he was selected ahead of both
 
Parry for dee another odd call, pivac seems to be very random with his selections
 
congrats to all and I hope all 3 of our new boys get a cap
nothing would surprise me with pivac and his selections.
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Online
Points: 13818
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:16pm
delighted to see navidi faletau samson all back in and seb davies too
Agreed with comments re steff, on form and alongside adams, by far the best welsh winger, try scoring machine, incredible work rate, improved defence, his non selection is a joke



Edited by roy munster - 06 October 2020 at 4:26pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 11376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:34pm
It may well be that Steff does lack that extra metre of pace but that didn't stop Shane. Steff is a clever wing who brings others into play with his excellent ball skills. Hewitt is unlucky. He does have that extra metre of pace and defensively he has improved a lot. Pivac suggesting Holmes in because he can play FB as well. How is he short of FB's - Leigh, Liam, Lloyd & Rhys can play there. He sounds to me as if he is making it up as he goes along.

WillGriff was ahead of Lewis and Brown in selection for the Scottish game in March - I don't really see that either have improved since then or indeed that WillGriff has gone backwards. 
Back to Top
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 September 2019
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 757
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It may well be that Steff does lack that extra metre of pace but that didn't stop Shane. Steff is a clever wing who brings others into play with his excellent ball skills. Hewitt is unlucky. He does have that extra metre of pace and defensively he has improved a lot. Pivac suggesting Holmes in because he can play FB as well. How is he short of FB's - Leigh, Liam, Lloyd & Rhys can play there. He sounds to me as if he is making it up as he goes along.

WillGriff was ahead of Lewis and Brown in selection for the Scottish game in March - I don't really see that either have improved since then or indeed that WillGriff has gone backwards. 
With WillGriff I don’t know what the situation is with player release from Sale. When does the window start? Are they allowed to select him or is he one of the ones who tested positive / is self-isolating after their outbreak? I guess if he joins the camp later we’ll know that it was not down to form.


Edited by Jones2004 - 06 October 2020 at 4:13pm
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Online
Points: 23984
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It may well be that Steff does lack that extra metre of pace but that didn't stop Shane. Steff is a clever wing who brings others into play with his excellent ball skills. Hewitt is unlucky. He does have that extra metre of pace and defensively he has improved a lot. Pivac suggesting Holmes in because he can play FB as well. How is he short of FB's - Leigh, Liam, Lloyd & Rhys can play there. He sounds to me as if he is making it up as he goes along.

WillGriff was ahead of Lewis and Brown in selection for the Scottish game in March - I don't really see that either have improved since then or indeed that WillGriff has gone backwards. 
With WillGriff I don’t know what the situation is with player release from Sale. When does the window start? Are they allowed to select him or is he one of the ones who tested positive / is self-isolating after their outbreak? I guess if he joins the camp later we’ll know that it was not down to form.
it must be okay coz the 2 bristol boys have been selected,if your going to bullzhit people make it believable.Cry
Back to Top
Calon_Coch2 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 October 2019
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 99
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calon_Coch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 6:10pm
Odd that Pivac says Dee needs more game time yet Sanjay hasn’t played for months and Patch, 10 minutes last Saturday? As for Steff, he had 2 tries and man of the match against the Blues whilst Jonah Holmes didn’t appear in the first 2 games and I thought Hewitt was the better of the Dragon wings last Friday night.  As mentioned in a previous post, Pivac  makes it up as he goes along mun! 
Calon_Coch2
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Online
Points: 13818
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Calon_Coch2 Calon_Coch2 wrote:

Odd that Pivac says Dee needs more game time yet Sanjay hasn’t played for months and Patch, 10 minutes last Saturday? As for Steff, he had 2 tries and man of the match against the Blues whilst Jonah Holmes didn’t appear in the first 2 games and I thought Hewitt was the better of the Dragon wings last Friday night.  As mentioned in a previous post, Pivac  makes it up as he goes along mun! 

Agreed.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 18 December 2017
Location: Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 248
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 6:56pm
Delighted for Josh and thoroughly deserved. 😀
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 20701
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Feel a bit sorry for Steff Evs

Should be there in place of North but North is never going to be dropped.

North has 95 caps. I want him to hit the century. He's not been at the heights of 5-6 years ago, but was still our best winger until the emergence of Josh Adams.

95 caps or not he isn't in form & for me Steff deserves to be in there in front of him. 

Just pretend North plays for the Scarlets. Different opinions then. 
Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 4846
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Feel a bit sorry for Steff Evs

Should be there in place of North but North is never going to be dropped.

North has 95 caps. I want him to hit the century. He's not been at the heights of 5-6 years ago, but was still our best winger until the emergence of Josh Adams.

95 caps or not he isn't in form & for me Steff deserves to be in there in front of him. 

Just pretend North plays for the Scarlets. Different opinions then. 

No, none at all, I also think Owen Lane would start ahead of North. 


Edited by Fscarlet - 06 October 2020 at 10:24pm
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 11376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 7:23am
Interesting comment from Pivac on the Q&A. When asked about the non selection of Steff he rolled out the usual "he knows what he needs to work on etc " as well as saying that the Scarlets haven't scored a try for two games????? What has that to do with the non selection of Steff? 

After his final year in charge at PYS I thought that Pivac had lost the plot somewhat. From his first months in charge of the National team I worry that I may have been right. 
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12752
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 8:27am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Interesting comment from Pivac on the Q&A. When asked about the non selection of Steff he rolled out the usual "he knows what he needs to work on etc " as well as saying that the Scarlets haven't scored a try for two games????? What has that to do with the non selection of Steff? 

After his final year in charge at PYS I thought that Pivac had lost the plot somewhat. From his first months in charge of the National team I worry that I may have been right. 
So by not selecting Steff Evans he’s lost the plot?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 11376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Interesting comment from Pivac on the Q&A. When asked about the non selection of Steff he rolled out the usual "he knows what he needs to work on etc " as well as saying that the Scarlets haven't scored a try for two games????? What has that to do with the non selection of Steff? 

After his final year in charge at PYS I thought that Pivac had lost the plot somewhat. From his first months in charge of the National team I worry that I may have been right. 
So by not selecting Steff Evans he’s lost the plot?

No nothing to do with Steff - just the muddled way he seems to go about selection in general. In all honesty I think Hewitt probably deserves to be selected ahead of Steff but both Hewitt and Steff should be ahead of Holmes. Saying that Holmes can play FB as well as some sort of justification is totally woolly when he has plenty of FB cover. In addition why would he mention that the Scarlets haven't scored a try for two games when asked about Steff's non selection. Totally irrelevant. Dee needs games - Liam not ready until France weekend etc etc = a coach who is not in control in my humble opinion. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.