Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Summer Tour '17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:02pm
NNavidi over cubby?it's like they want to continue the joke that cubby won't get a cap.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

NNavidi over cubby?it's like they want to continue the joke that cubby won't get a cap.

I suspect Navidi is going as an 8 - good player on his day, can blow hot and cold.

Cubby, who has been tremendous AND consistent for 2 seasons, has been left out for Ollie Griffiths (very promising) and Ellis Jenkins (likewise, with a bit more experience).

I am not going to knock those players - they both look like excellent prospects to me, and both could go on to win a hatful of caps... BUT are they better than Cubby NOW? Have they proved it?

For me, the answer is clearly 'no' - on experience, form and talent, Cubby should have been picked.

Very, very disappointing.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:32am
I don't have a problem with Navidi going and think he should have been given a chance bef ore instead of Wales persisting with the same old faces but how King and .Thornton have gone is beyond me ,
Aaron doesn't seem to get a look in but to my mind is far superior to King.
Chubby has missed out again , there are good 7's in Ellis Jenkins and .Ollie Griffiths but perhaps hi a face just doesn't fit.
saundersfoot scarlets
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:33am
Sorry that should have been Cubby ,damn keyboard !!
saundersfoot scarlets
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

Sorry that should have been Cubby ,damn keyboard !!

Keyboard, was it? Not Chubby fingers? Embarrassed

McBryde's reasons for not picking James - consistency & shoulder injury - are disingenuous and lack credibility, although admittedly it's an incredibly competitive position and the other 7s going on tour are themselves great prospects.

Incredibly disappointing for Cub & all his fans, but he'd just going to have to get on with it and keep proving them wrong b y channelling his frustration & exuberance into . I can see him looking for more Sevens international opportunities if his Test exile continues.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:03pm
Knew chubby came into it somewhere
saundersfoot scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic