Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Team to face Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

It was a strange atmosphere there today in the south stand. Apart from the Scottish fans who were great, a lot of the Wales 'fans' didn't seem that interested in the game at all, they were more dressed for a night out than a rugby game and they just couldn't sit still. Never have I been to a game where so many people were on the move and up and down like yo-yo's. I couldn't understand why they couldn't just sit and watch the game. I sort of wished I was in the alcohol-free zone in the north. Sometimes I didn't see a single person on their feet in that stand. 

It was the same on the train on the way up. Full of lads and boyos and people calling each other butt. Not talking about the rugby, just out for a p*** up. Didn't feel like a rugby day. One of the p****d up passengers on the train in front pulled the cord and the train was stranded for an hour, which then delayed my train by 45 minutes outside Bridgend and the train behind was stuck in Pyle for nearly an hour. Shane Williams was on that train and he got fed up and walked to Pyle RFC and blagged his way onto a coach to Cardiff. 

Would be nice if these 60,000 people could split into 4 groups of 15000 every other week and go and see their local regions, think it would help the game a lot. 

Other than that, the game was okay. Not fussed on the ref. Expected more tries from both sides. It was nice to see Doddie and his family. Hope we managed to raise a fair bit for his cause. 

When is the last time you went to see Wales play? It's like that all the time nowadays, unfortunately. It's one reason why I have stopped going to the AIs. At least the 6N games are part of a proper (and historical) tournament.

Last time was in the 6 Nations this year although I wasn't in the cheap seats like I was yesterday. I think maybe those who spend over £60 for their tickets want to get their money's worth. 

Well, they don't. My debentures are in the middle tier, second row, near a 22... £110 per ticket this year for the 6N. Last year, a drunken yob spilled beer on my wife THREE times, and was ejected by the stewards!

That's how much interest in the rugby we get nowadays from probably about half the people there... more's the pity. 
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I thought Andscome was poor. He lacks authority at ten. Kicked far too much ball. He seems to be flavour of the month at the moment though..All the pundits on S4C   thought he was poor too

I wouldn’t say poor Llandre, but he didn’t show me anything more than Biggar, or indeed Patch would bring.

The media do seem intent on pushing his case forward though, be interesting to see who gets the nod next week.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I thought Andscome was poor. He lacks authority at ten. Kicked far too much ball. He seems to be flavour of the month at the moment though..All the pundits on S4C   thought he was poor too

I wouldn’t say poor Llandre, but he didn’t show me anything more than Biggar, or indeed Patch would bring.

The media do seem intent on pushing his case forward though, be interesting to see who gets the nod next week.

The Welsh media always push those who play for the blues
If it bleeds we can can kill it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic