Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Wales team vs. Scotland

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 February 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 1983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 11:37pm
For Ireland

Swap Sanjay and 1/2 p
Owen W at 12 and Scott to 13
Faletau to start ( he's no impact player Moriarty is)
Charteris for Ball
Try Sam D at 10 (though he will be targetted and brutally by Ireland)
North is shot atm (could give Steff/Giles a chance but can't see Howler doing it)

In all probability Howler will pick the same team as the one against Scotland and hope - "they are more accurate" - FFS!
What's going on?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 36615
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 4:51am
Watkin out til next season.
Back to Top
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 May 2005
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 5874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Watkin out til next season.

Was he referring to Owen Williams ?
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 36615
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 9:15am
Apologies, yes of course.
Back to Top
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 June 2010
Location: Sir Berk
Status: Offline
Points: 3567
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Shambolic 2nd half. Scotland deservedly in a commanding position. Wales have a lot of hard work in them but seem to have little idea what to do with the ball and most of our promising moves have ended with unforced errors.

It is surely now time to end the misery and change the coaches?

howley needs a long holiday outside wales

He's getting one - his mates are taking him to New Zealand for a couple of months in the summer. Cool


Back to Top
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 January 2007
Location: Coedcae area
Status: Offline
Points: 6129
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

For Ireland

Swap Sanjay and 1/2 p
Owen W at 12 and Scott to 13
Faletau to start ( he's no impact player Moriarty is)
Charteris for Ball
Try Sam D at 10 (though he will be targetted and brutally by Ireland)
North is shot atm (could give Steff/Giles a chance but can't see Howler doing it)

In all probability Howler will pick the same team as the one against Scotland and hope - "they are more accurate" - FFS!


I'm sick to the teeth hearing that Muppet come up with talk about 'accuracy'.
Is it just me or does the bloke look like he is about to burst into tears every time he is interviewed? How on earth can such a grey man inspire! The Union have played a blinder extending his contract. As a wise kiwi journalist once said, we really are the village idiots of world rugby.

Expect exactly the same against Ireland. As soon as I see 1/2p at fullback i lose interest. Yawn.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Back to Top
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar
Pull !!!

Joined: 30 December 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 14260
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 1:01pm
Halfpenny hasn't scored a try in his last 32 starts for Wales at FB. Says much about ambition to me and the safety first approach when he receives the ball in our half. Watch the Brown and Hogg approach to ball in open field compared to 1/2p. We always look to kick whereas they look for space. I appreciate much of it is game by numbers, but no try in 32 is a damning indictment for an Int'l fullback in what has been a decent team during that period. However you dress it up.
George is gone defensively imo. He was never a great tackler, but have these injuries affected him subconsciously? Just doesn't look interested at times. 
#George
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Halfpenny hasn't scored a try in his last 32 starts for Wales at FB. Says much about ambition to me and the safety first approach when he receives the ball in our half. Watch the Brown and Hogg approach to ball in open field compared to 1/2p. We always look to kick whereas they look for space. I appreciate much of it is game by numbers, but no try in 32 is a damning indictment for an Int'l fullback in what has been a decent team during that period. However you dress it up.
George is gone defensively imo. He was never a great tackler, but have these injuries affected him subconsciously? Just doesn't look interested at times. 

Yep...hapenny has had a very long barren run at 15 , yet he was a decent try scorer on the wing. Liam is a natural fullback (though even he kicks too much ball away imo) and everyone thinks they should swap , bar howler. In saying than sanjay was guilty of a bad defensive error for try 1. North was absolutely anonymous in attack and defence all day. 

Try 

Liam hapenny hewitt
steff evans covering all 3 positions from the wing and sam davies at fly half

Send north back to the saints and some tackle bags and send doctor bob back to med school permanently

Can I just say that matt morgan is by far the best broken field runner in Wales, he was majestic on friday again for Cerdiff. I realise hes small and his defence is questionable, but what a talent....It would be a delight to see him given a fair crack.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 31 August 2014
Location: Caerdydd
Status: Offline
Points: 3973
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:01pm
I made a terrible mistake during the match on Saturday, which was almost equivalent to telling my mates that I was a devil worshipping baby-eating, smallpox carrier. I suggested that we would have played better if we had Cubby in for Tipuric, because we were doing so badly in the breakdown. I think they're still speaking to me as they think I was pi**ed at the time and not responsible for what I was saying. Unfortunately that silly idea is still in my head today. Should I see a psychiatrist?
Back to Top
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 5042
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:


I made a terrible mistake during the match on Saturday, which was almost equivalent to telling my mates that I was a devil worshipping baby-eating, smallpox carrier. I suggested that we would have played better if we had Cubby in for Tipuric, because we were doing so badly in the breakdown. I think they're still speaking to me as they think I was pi**ed at the time and not responsible for what I was saying. Unfortunately that silly idea is still in my head today. Should I see a psychiatrist?

Yes because that would be far too sensible picking the in form 7 in pro 12 who wins turnovers for fun as opposed to a very good open field rugby player who gets bullied at breakdown.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 18262
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:07pm
Anyone else noticed Liam looks for contact more than he used to?
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 10274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Anyone else noticed Liam looks for contact more than he used to?

yep , he offloads less for wales and kicks away more tooConfused
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 04 December 2010
Location: Pwll
Status: Offline
Points: 1123
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 3:51pm
No difference in my opinion. Always has taken the ball too far before trying, too late, to pass.
Keep the faith
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.