Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales u20 v Ireland u20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales u20 v Ireland u20
    Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:11pm
Thoroughly entertaining match, very interesting when Ireland scored twice to level it at 27-27 in the second half. Our lot are so dynamic with ball in hand, sometimes makes you cringe when isolated players try to pass out of the tackle.

Cory Baldwin had a stormer, great lines, very quick and good hands. Kieran Williams at 12 (Ospreys I think), was MOM, 3 tries,great running, strength and vision. At 5'10" he is possibly suited to the wing for the future.

They held on for a convincing win in the end. Pity about the loss to England. A young team, even for u20's, plenty of potential.

Edited by surfing-mtber - 13 March 2017 at 11:39am
Joshua24:15
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Thoroughly entertaining match, very interesting when Ireland scored twice to level it at 27-27 in the second half. Our lot are so dynamic with ball in hand, sometimes makes you cringe when isolated players try to pass out of the tackle.

Cory Baldwin had a stormer, great lines, very quick and good hands. Kieran Williams at 13 (Ospreys I think), was MOM, 3 tries,great running, strength and vision. At 5'10" he is possibly suited to the wing for the future.

They held on for a convincing win in the end. Pity about the loss to England. A young team, even for u20's, plenty of potential.

Yes, it was an entertaining match and the 'right' result - Ireland had plenty of talent in the backs, too, though I think their tries (or most of them) came from the more traditional Irish method of close-to-the-line mauling.

Williams is a bit like a smaller Scott Gibbs - very hard to stop - and I enjoyed the TH prop's running and dummies! One to watch - not sure which region he's with.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 3:10pm
Lock James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!

Edited by Scarletstarch - 12 March 2017 at 7:26pm
"YMA O HYD"
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

The prop James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!

Actually, I have now been able to track down the name I wanted - it is Keiron Assiratti (some Italian blood, maybe?) who is with the Blues, and who said that he wanted to be a 10 growing up - hence the dummy, no doubt!

'Ratti' and 'Asseratti' are similar names - wonder if they are related?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

The prop James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!

Actually, I have now been able to track down the name I wanted - it is Keiron Assiratti (some Italian blood, maybe?) who is with the Blues, and who said that he wanted to be a 10 growing up - hence the dummy, no doubt!

'Ratti' and 'Asseratti' are similar names - wonder if they are related?

Which may be a bit like saying that Huw Williams Jones and Adam Jones are relatedBig smile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:15pm
The Ratti's are a well known Italian family and settled in Penclawdd before the last World War, their cafe was a meeting place in my younger days and is now the Cariad Cafe and serves delicious homemade cakes! Smile
"YMA O HYD"
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:24pm
James ratti`s grandfather also played for the scarlets in the late 80s as prop.
I'm sick of it
Know if all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Know if all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:39pm
James Ratti has played lock for wales age groups and Ospreys age groups as well their ps team. He's not a prop at all
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:30pm
My mistake as thought Commentator said Ratti so I've edited post to Lock! Bit of a senior moment LOL ConfusedEmbarrassed
"YMA O HYD"
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by tim d tim d wrote:

James ratti`s grandfather also played for the scarlets in the late 80s as prop.

Did the grandfather also play for Hendy ?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:37am
Great very entertaining game. Thought Cory & Ryan showed up very well. Our No 12 Kieran Williams is going top be some player.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic