Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

we were 30-5 up with 2 mins left and an easy penalty
after a mega long season why not kick the damn 3 points and get out of dodge city unbeaten? instead we go tot he corner lose the ball, concede a try and get a man red carded etc etc 

It was daft - I'd have kicked the penalty, too.

More annoying for us Scarlets was the totally pointless injury to Foxy, when he did his knee with the clock in the red and no chance to win the game - though (memory fails me) he probably brought that on himself.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

we were 30-5 up with 2 mins left and an easy penalty
after a mega long season why not kick the damn 3 points and get out of dodge city unbeaten? instead we go tot he corner lose the ball, concede a try and get a man red carded etc etc 

It was daft - I'd have kicked the penalty, too.

More annoying for us Scarlets was the totally pointless injury to Foxy, when he did his knee with the clock in the red and no chance to win the game - though (memory fails me) he probably brought that on himself.

Trouble is that had he kicked it out some would have blamed him for 'losing' the game for Wales !

Under those circs, management should it make it clear to players that in situations like Foxy's, there will be no comebacks on players if they kick it out to end the game when it can't be won.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic